Game Discussion: Destiny 2 Forum

Achievements unlock through Cross Save

AuthorMessage
mossfan563
mossfan563
Posted on 21 August 19 at 22:54
Just a quick PSA, now that Cross Save has launched for Destiny 2, if you have a well established character on any platform and choose it to be your cross save character, you can load it up on Xbox and the achievements will pop if you don't have them already.

I just got my achievements on Xbox using the characters I have on PC.

For more information on how Cross Save works and how to do it, go here: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 22 August 19 at 04:50
You are my hero! I've been trying to find out if the achievements would auto-pop, even if you'd already played on XB1 prior to cross-save coming out. And then brought your cross-saved character in after the fact. If that would cause any conflicts, etc. But going by your gamercard: it looks like you unlocked all the base game achievements on XB1 way back when the game was new. And then after making your PC save your cross-save file today, and booting up XB1, it auto-popped all the Forsaken ones you'd unlocked since leaving console. So the two meshed, no conflicts. This is great news!

For anybody wondering, when you promote one of your Destiny 2 save files to be your cross-save, if you unlink that save afterwards: you can't make another cross-save for three months after the fact. The decision is meant to be either permanent or very rare. So thankfully this can't be exploited to share unlocks with other people, etc.
SkinnyBin
SkinnyBin
Posted on 22 August 19 at 07:32
Great news!

One thing I’m keen to know is what happens if you don’t own Forsaken on Xbox, do the achievements you’ve unlocked on other platforms still carry over?

I have 100% on PS4 and I’m wondering when the free to play version of Destiny 2 drops on October 1st, if I load my save across will I be able to pop the Forsaken achievements too?
Jaffa Cake King
Posted on 22 August 19 at 09:42, Edited on 22 August 19 at 09:43 by Jaffa Cake King
I've just booted up the base game on PS4 without owning any DLC and all of the achievements I've got on Xbox, including Forsaken ones, unlocked as trophies.
SkinnyBin
SkinnyBin
Posted on 22 August 19 at 09:44
Jaffa Cake King said:
I've just booted up the base game on PS4 without owning any DLC and all of the achievements I've got on Xbox, including Forsake ones, unlocked as trophies.
Awesome news! Thanks for the quick reply!
Pvt Rain
Pvt Rain
Posted on 28 August 19 at 17:36
Sweet glad to hear this, just set my cross save up and will be loading up my PS4 tonight.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.