Game Discussion: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Forum

Unable to download it

AuthorMessage
AbleHenry
AbleHenry
Posted on 22 August 19 at 08:56
Hi everyone,

I tried for almost 2 days to install the new version of this game without success.
It continues to say "try again later. There is a problem".
Is there anyone with the same issue as me?
What can I do to be able to download it?
Best regards!
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 22 August 19 at 09:45
Reinstall Windows 10. There's no way around this bug. It's been there since launch of the PC Game Pass.
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 22 August 19 at 16:00
I've had an issue where the game has installed but won't open properly. If I try to load it, it will show the initial background screen but then after a couple of seconds, it closes off and doesn't load the game. Any solutions to this?
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 22 August 19 at 17:28, Edited on 22 August 19 at 19:15 by KingyOwl
iiAssassinXxii said:
I've had an issue where the game has installed but won't open properly. If I try to load it, it will show the initial background screen but then after a couple of seconds, it closes off and doesn't load the game. Any solutions to this?
I've had that problem and my post on the official forum has so far been ignored. Downloading on another PC now to try again.

Edit: Launches successfully on another PC for me so suspect either the minimum specs are incorrect or there is a problem with xbox live on your PC because that's the next bit to load after the splash screen.
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 22 August 19 at 19:48
I tried downloading on my laptop and my antivirus flagged the game as having a virus on it. Seems a bit of a dodgy launch for it joining game pass.
KaiyoOrganiz
KaiyoOrganiz
Posted on 23 August 19 at 07:00
Had that problem with the antivirus too.
CrazyFred77
CrazyFred77
Posted on 23 August 19 at 22:51
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/fix-for-g...

This solution fix my problem (error 0x80070005).
ElQuaNarXBOX
ElQuaNarXBOX
Posted on 24 August 19 at 00:03
Check if you are running last version of Windows 10.
My "Install button" was greyed.
I had to update Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903 (May update).
Then, I had to manual update Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4514156).
Install button activated and now the game is downloading fine.
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 24 August 19 at 00:43
I have now managed to get the game working. Had to run the DISM command and then disable antivirus temporarily. Once the game loads up after the initial screen I can reenable everything though.
AbleHenry
AbleHenry
Posted on 26 August 19 at 14:58
Thanks guys for the answer in this thread.
After several attemps and the advice given by Fred and Assassin I was able to play it.
The Admin Error 0x80070005 forced me first to change the settings and not re-open the apps after an update.
After that I was able to open AoE: De but I was forced to temporarily disable the antivirus.
After I disabled it, I finally was able to launch it and got all 1250 in one go
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.