Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

More Xbox Game Pass Games Leaving at the End of This Month

• EarthboundXEarthboundX1,132,055
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 09:30Permalink
    ClockKing1986 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    HellAlex92 said:
    Armstrong x360a said:
    Cue the "this is why I don't do Game Pass" whiners in 3, 2, 1...
    This is why I don't do Game Pass! laugh

no, srsly. GP was good for me on a few games (up to 10 I guess), but as a cheevo hunter with nearly 0 time it just doesn't fit my needs. And of course I already bought a good quarter of those Games myself before they came to GP redface
    This is my thought too with the limited time and hunting. But also how limiting it is by the completion times and fear of getting stuck with a BS game to complete. So glad to be rid of GP after this month because of games like Westerado that just for pressing start unlock an achievement now I'm stuck torturing myself finishing a game I think is terrible just for trying it to see what it was. They really need an xbox feature to disable achievements for games if you wish so you can demo stuff without being married to it. Then I could get behind GP and play more games just for fun without the achievement aspect limiting my choices.
    Westerado is awesome!!!!!!
    Thanks for the reminder King that I still need to play that now that I have Gamepass.
  • j wizitej wizite425,879
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 10:39, Edited on 23 August 19 at 10:39 by j wizitePermalink
    Dubs187 said:
    My 4 year old nephew will be sad to see Lego Batman leave.
    Lol. I’m 38 and looking forward to it. But this comment had me giggling bc it’s too true. I loved LEGO when I was a kid....
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I446,192
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 13:35Permalink
    I am playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider right now and I would be bugged it I found out I only had a week to finish it. I don think it is too much to ask... Just give Game Pass members a better heads up about when games will be removed.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 13:43Permalink
    I agree with everyone else that there should be more of a heads up for games leaving the service. I'm sure I could wrap up where I am in Lego Batman 2 in time, but having to turn it into a grind isn't very enjoyable. I don't think more notice is much of an ask.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz452,663
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 17:06, Edited on 23 August 19 at 17:09 by wolfsburgrazPermalink
    Redd Five said:
    I was gonna play Onrush
    But I got high...
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Bravo! I enjoyed that. clap

SheBeatsYou said:
    So glad to be rid of GP after this month because of games like Westerado that just for pressing start unlock an achievement now I'm stuck torturing myself finishing a game I think is terrible just for trying it to see what it was.
    I made a secondary Xbox Live account to deal with this. I download pretty much everything new or unique that comes to Game Pass and try it out on my other account. If it's something I feel I'll enjoy I start playing it on my main profile, if not it gets uninstalled and forgotten.

Sometimes you'll even surprise yourself and find a gem, or a type of game you would never expect to enjoy (Farm Simulator for me) that you wouldn't have even given the time of day to otherwise.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:40Permalink
    Never got a chance to play the maw. That discount to own games doesnt work for the older titles right?
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 19:07Permalink
    Oof... just started Lego Batman last month for the quest. At least it will be cheap to buy on disc.
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou194,115
    Posted on 24 August 19 at 12:36, Edited on 24 August 19 at 12:37 by SheBeatsYouPermalink
    SilentJay76 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    So glad to be rid of GP after this month because of games like Westerado that just for pressing start unlock an achievement now I'm stuck torturing myself finishing a game I think is terrible just for trying it to see what it was. They really need an xbox feature to disable achievements for games if you wish so you can demo stuff without being married to it.
    If an achievement marries you to a game, you're doing it wrong. Also, your completion percentage is 38%. roll
    Oh god the % police got me FK! laugh
    Just meant that your stance might be justified if you were a "completionist." But that's clearly not the case. So don't worry so much about the achievements and just enjoy the games. wink
    "Clearly not the case"....what a pompous f..

Justifies my case more as 50% of the games tied to my account were ones I had no plans to get involved with but are now stuck with. My kids take up 90% of my free time so anything new makes cleaning up the old college days games slow. So yeah turning off cheevos if I wanted would be great!!! Wouldnt affect you and your elitist idiology any bit regardless. My goal is 50% too not 100% so wtf look at you being all judgemental and thinking because my score isn't up to your "standards" that I'm not a completionist... nah
  • benvegbenveg228,521
    Posted on 24 August 19 at 21:12, Edited on 25 August 19 at 18:12 by benvegPermalink
    Relax, why do you even care of completion %? OCD?
  • ElusiveEagleElusiveEagle421,098
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 08:18, Edited on 26 August 19 at 08:20 by ElusiveEaglePermalink
    Ian333333 said:
    Damn only just started batman a couple of weeks ago gonna have to grind the hell out of it to finish it off before next week ??????

172/250 gold bricks
    You can do it! You probably only need 10 hours or less to finish.

For comparison, I just started the game 3 days ago and finished it. I took a little over 20 hours including occasional mistakes on my part (and due to the clunky controls).
  • ugliugli327,897
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 15:13Permalink
    Onrush <3
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE440,966
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 15:33Permalink
    Still haven't gotten around to finishing Hue and probably won't with my limited gaming time
  • RAILBAITRAILBAIT1,298,253
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 22:53Permalink
    SheBeatsYou said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    SheBeatsYou said:
    So glad to be rid of GP after this month because of games like Westerado that just for pressing start unlock an achievement now I'm stuck torturing myself finishing a game I think is terrible just for trying it to see what it was. They really need an xbox feature to disable achievements for games if you wish so you can demo stuff without being married to it.
    If an achievement marries you to a game, you're doing it wrong. Also, your completion percentage is 38%. roll
    Oh god the % police got me FK! laugh
    Just meant that your stance might be justified if you were a "completionist." But that's clearly not the case. So don't worry so much about the achievements and just enjoy the games. wink
    "Clearly not the case"....what a pompous f..

Justifies my case more as 50% of the games tied to my account were ones I had no plans to get involved with but are now stuck with. My kids take up 90% of my free time so anything new makes cleaning up the old college days games slow. So yeah turning off cheevos if I wanted would be great!!! Wouldnt affect you and your elitist idiology any bit regardless. My goal is 50% too not 100% so wtf look at you being all judgemental and thinking because my score isn't up to your "standards" that I'm not a completionist... nah
    But he's right. I can understand if your percentage was like 80% or something you'd be mad but it's in the 30s fam. Just play your baby toys and move on.
  • Sipuli91Sipuli91354,822
    Posted on 28 August 19 at 18:00Permalink
    Full Tilt Panic said:
    I agree with everyone else that there should be more of a heads up for games leaving the service. I'm sure I could wrap up where I am in Lego Batman 2 in time, but having to turn it into a grind isn't very enjoyable. I don't think more notice is much of an ask.
    You'd think they could add the date when a game will leave or alternatively let us know how many days are left to play the game. That way you'd immediately see if a game is about to leave the game pass or if you have plenty of time to play it and could make informed decisions on if you should download it or not.
  • Posted on 03 September 19 at 23:57Permalink
    As far as I can tell, these games are still in Game Pass. They are all in the "Leaving Soon" section. I believe that section is an automatically updated section when a game is 14 days away from removal, which means they likely have another day or two in the pass before they are actually removed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.