Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Blair Witch Achievement List Revealed

• omgeezusomgeezus795,285
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 14:12Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    omgeezus said:
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    omgeezus said:
    sabby boy said:
    ZaidLVDon said:
    "Find out what happened to Bullet" Yeh no
    The name of the achievement too Jesus
    This achievement name/description alone is why I won’t be able to play this game. I can’t go into a game knowing something happens to the dog.
    I bet you loved "I Am Legend".
    Haven’t seen it, and plan on keeping it that way.
    What about "The Neverending Story"?
    I’m not getting dragged any further down this off-topic wormhole laugh
    I CANNOT GET OFF MY CAMEL
  • LiquidAgLiquidAg235,405
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 14:53Permalink
    I'm trying to be very careful here, but... the possible death of a digital dog bothers y'all that much? In a horror game? Does it bother you more than the digital people who die in horror games?

Note: I'm NOT criticizing anyone. I'm genuinely curious about how people feel. And I think it's interesting to see and understand how people think, prioritize, rationalize, etc.
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 14:57Permalink
    Back on topic, way too much "collect" for my taste.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 15:20Permalink
    @LiquidAG Yeah, I love how there's no sweat for the protagonist who's suffering through a curse-induced equivocal to schizophrenia, but puppo (who has been publically revealed to be a contributing factor to endings depending on how Ellis treats him, and canonically is probably fine since Ellis cares about him) causes absolute outrage because puppo. Judging by the other achievement names it's probably just a vague goof. Any other plot-related one besides it is hidden, obviously meaning different fates can befall Bullet, you just earn it regardless of what it happens to be during your first playthrough.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94564,156
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 15:26Permalink
    Jellyfishking13 said:
    @LiquidAG Yeah, I love how there's no sweat for the protagonist who's suffering through a curse-induced equivocal to schizophrenia, but puppo (who has been publically revealed to be a contributing factor to endings depending on how Ellis treats him, and canonically is probably fine since Ellis cares about him) causes absolute outrage because puppo.
    I would rather 100000 human deaths than 1 puppo death. Even "enemy" puppos. Take from that what you will laugh
  • The NotoThe Noto360,841
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 16:10Permalink
    It's "Last Goodbye" it could be your character dying and saying goodbye to the dog.

Could be anything.

No one knows yet.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:04Permalink
    Honestly excited for this game...I hope it's not a bust...I could always use more horror games
    Repeat to yourself it's just a game, I should really just relax.
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:19Permalink
    Jellyfishking13 said:
    @LiquidAG Yeah, I love how there's no sweat for the protagonist who's suffering through a curse-induced equivocal to schizophrenia, but puppo (who has been publically revealed to be a contributing factor to endings depending on how Ellis treats him, and canonically is probably fine since Ellis cares about him) causes absolute outrage because puppo. Judging by the other achievement names it's probably just a vague goof. Any other plot-related one besides it is hidden, obviously meaning different fates can befall Bullet, you just earn it regardless of what it happens to be during your first playthrough.
    For me, it’s not outrage over a dog being killed, it’s knowing that emotionally, I’ll be upset by it. I don’t know why it bothers me more when virtual dogs die versus virtual people, that’s just how I feel. Maybe it’s because (to me at least) there’s an expectation that people will die, but there’s not an expectation that a dog will die (in a video game). Another piece of logic that contributes to this for me is that a dog’s ability to logic and reason does not equal that of a human, so it always upsets me when a dog is hurt or killed due to it not necessarily having the comprehension of what might befall it.

I have no issue with developers putting something like this into a game, but I also reserve the right not to play a game when I know something in the game will upset me.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:37, Edited on 23 August 19 at 18:41 by Jellyfishking13Permalink
    @omgeezus You didn't seem to understand any of my points. Whether or not Bullet dies is dependent upon your decisions. It isn't inevitable. Also, the logic and reasoning of the protagonist himself are inequal to that of a "human", either. His sanity progressively devolves, rendering the situation equally tragic. It would be pretty shocking/upsetting to me, personally, if they offed a mentally ill protagonist, but to each their own 🤔. But that's coming from someone who does live with psychosis, so I'm more drawn to him anyways, lol. It's pretty rare to see psychosis well-represented in media, so I'm counting more heavily on that done well than puppo, personally. Don't get me wrong, Bullet looks very adorbs and I wish him only the best anyways.
  • ccliffy90ccliffy90980,150
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:45Permalink
    Love the movies

Love that it’s on gamepass

Can’t wait !!!!
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:50Permalink
    Jellyfishking13 said:
    @omgeezus You didn't seem to understand any of my points. Whether or not Bullet dies is dependent upon your decisions. It isn't inevitable. Also, the logic and reasoning of the protagonist himself are inequal to that of a "human", either. His sanity progressively devolves. It would be pretty shocking/upsetting to me, personally, if they offed a mentally ill protagonist, but to each their own 🤔. But that's coming from someone who does live with psychosis, so I'm more drawn to him anyways, lol. It's pretty rare to see psychosis well-represented in media, so I'm counting more heavily on that done well than puppo, personally. Don't get me wrong, Bullet looks very adorbs and I wish him only the best anyways.
    I understood your point, and the fact that it isn’t inevitable is actually something that makes it harder for me. Knowing I could have done something to prevent it and goofed up (unless following a walkthrough and for me, that kills the horror game itself until cleaning up) would upset me far more than knowing that it was going to happen regardless of what I did. To your point about being more drawn to a character with psychosis, I fully understand being drawn to what’s most relatable to each individual, and I think that’s important in video games for each player’s experience. I know my inability to play a game because of my reason here is very silly to many people, but I don’t expect other people to get it because I don’t expect us all to get the same experience and connections from each game. Honestly, I’ll likely watch others stream this because I am interested in the game as a whole, I just know I would possibly get really torn up playing it.
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 19:03Permalink
    omgeezus said:
    I understood your point, and the fact that it isn’t inevitable is actually something that makes it harder for me. Knowing I could have done something to prevent it and goofed up (unless following a walkthrough and for me, that kills the horror game itself until cleaning up) would upset me far more than knowing that it was going to happen regardless of what I did. To your point about being more drawn to a character with psychosis, I fully understand being drawn to what’s most relatable to each individual, and I think that’s important in video games for each player’s experience. I know my inability to play a game because of my reason here is very silly to many people, but I don’t expect other people to get it because I don’t expect us all to get the same experience and connections from each game. Honestly, I’ll likely watch others stream this because I am interested in the game as a whole, I just know I would possibly get really torn up playing it.

I understand, fam. The devotion of animal lovers is strong. You have some very good points, as well. I'm sure you'll make the best call for yourself!
  • I Boz lI Boz l505,277
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 19:15Permalink
    xxx AL said:
    Looks like a lot of collecting required.shock
    You're right. Too many.
    I can't wait to play this game but looking at this list, i feel a bit "angry".

Can someone explain me what the hell is wrong with developers? COLLECTIBLES EVERYWHERE.

Also, why TA label this game as "adventure"?
  • LiquidAgLiquidAg235,405
    Posted on 23 August 19 at 20:46Permalink
    omgeezus said:
    For me, it’s not outrage over a dog being killed, it’s knowing that emotionally, I’ll be upset by it. I don’t know why it bothers me more when virtual dogs die versus virtual people, that’s just how I feel. Maybe it’s because (to me at least) there’s an expectation that people will die, but there’s not an expectation that a dog will die (in a video game). Another piece of logic that contributes to this for me is that a dog’s ability to logic and reason does not equal that of a human, so it always upsets me when a dog is hurt or killed due to it not necessarily having the comprehension of what might befall it.

I have no issue with developers putting something like this into a game, but I also reserve the right not to play a game when I know something in the game will upset me.
    clap

Great reasoning and personal rationale! While I do not share your feelings, I love the way you presented it. More power to you, taking control of what you know may or may not upset you. As long as you can be objective like this, I can get on board with any position.

Now, just to be clear, if you had said that you didn't like it, so you thought the developer shouldn't be allowed to create it, or I shouldn't be allowed to play it, then we'd have a problem. But you didn't go there, and I applaud you sir (or ma'am).
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • Posted on 23 August 19 at 22:26Permalink
    sabby boy said:
    ZaidLVDon said:
    "Find out what happened to Bullet" Yeh no
    The name of the achievement too Jesus
    My initial thought was ok maybe we look for him and find he is fine! but with that achievement name..... I don't think I can bring myself to do that honestly.
    NateDawgSn1per
  • JuIIIianJuIIIian651,657
    Posted on 24 August 19 at 16:29Permalink
    Hope it's not just a Walking Simulator with Many Collectibles
    JuIIIian
  • Posted on 25 August 19 at 19:21, Edited on 25 August 19 at 19:38 by CareBear1770Permalink
    Could it be that many of you guys have never seen any of the "Blair Witch" movies?

Ofc. the dog is going to die, same fate for the ex-cop Ellis btw., that's guaranteed, because (as seen in the movies) once you set foot into the Blair-woods, you NEVER come back!

Witch(craft) or not, noone ever made it back out there alive and i highly doubt that the game begs to differ in that very part.
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 23:27, Edited on 26 August 19 at 23:29 by Jellyfishking13Permalink
    CareBear1770 said:
    Ofc. the dog is going to die, same fate for the ex-cop Ellis btw., that's guaranteed, because (as seen in the movies) once you set foot into the Blair-woods, you NEVER come back!
    Bloober Team has a lotta tricks under their sleeves and I don't think in the canon ending Ellis will die. In the films, the protagonists were a bunch of knobheads who were being edgy and disregarding the the curse for a good time, or ultimately personal gain, and the forest responded in kind. Ellis, contrastly, is selflessly entering the forest to save the life of a missing child. Based on the hidden achievements, Bloober seems to be going a "Silent Hill" route, wherein by facing his past Ellis can achieve redemption, and by not, he loses his mind and perishes. They've said they'll be using the lore to bring something new to the franchise.
  • BillarghBillargh342,713
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:28Permalink
    I haven't seen the Blair Witch movies like but I feel like I should before this comes out. Even if it's just the original 1999 one or whenever it was.
  • C3LLDW3LLERC3LLDW3LLER483,540
    Posted on 31 August 19 at 10:34, Edited on 31 August 19 at 11:39 by C3LLDW3LLERPermalink
    Nothing is popping for me atm.
    EDIT: Restarted the game and unlocking now, had to do them again though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.