Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Here's what to expect

AuthorMessage
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 23 August 19 at 02:58
I have gotten a decent way into my first day, level 8 and almost 900 and now i constantly get people that are overpowered against me with high level epic characters. And it was suddenly, once i got over 800. It's as if the game is telling me I'm done until I spend more money. To top it off, these people are supposidely the same level as me? Not a chance.
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 23 August 19 at 03:36
Well that settles it, I'm not starting this game
Squ4rex
Squ4rex
Posted on 23 August 19 at 04:45
The people that are truly overpowered will keep winning and up their rank. So I’m a few days, it should settle down. During the beta it was always like this at the start of the season. The game matches based on rank and not level, which is how you can end up against people who are greatly overleveled if they haven’t played much to advance. Once they do, their rank should put them out of your matchmaking.
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 23 August 19 at 05:20
Idk between this and I saw on Twitter people are paying for content, not getting it and being charged 3 times. Haven't heard many positives so I'm staying away dive
iguanadude626
iguanadude626
Posted on 23 August 19 at 07:39
Squ4rex said:
The people that are truly overpowered will keep winning and up their rank. So I’m a few days, it should settle down. During the beta it was always like this at the start of the season. The game matches based on rank and not level, which is how you can end up against people who are greatly overleveled if they haven’t played much to advance. Once they do, their rank should put them out of your matchmaking.
yup I notice it too. that why I was shocked when I started my first pre season. saw lots more people who are 1-3 level higher then me. also saw 1-4 level lower then me. I started playing when it was mid preseason 9 i guess. most of are bots i think cause they way to easy even though we are same level. only couple matches were hard as hell. thank god preseason ranked counted for highest league achievement laugh
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 23 August 19 at 12:26
Kanchanaburi said:
I have gotten a decent way into my first day, level 8 and almost 900 and now i constantly get people that are overpowered against me with high level epic characters. And it was suddenly, once i got over 800. It's as if the game is telling me I'm done until I spend more money. To top it off, these people are supposidely the same level as me? Not a chance.
I saw the same comment from people on Twitter and it's made my mind up not to start the game.
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 23 August 19 at 12:49, Edited on 23 August 19 at 13:47 by LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Seen people who have units 5 or more levels higher than mine in the arena I'm currently in. I'm getting a little bit of a pay to win vibe. Very disappointed...
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
Kamera
Kamera
Posted on 23 August 19 at 14:55
I don't like that you need to win battles in order to earn crates. I wish there were other ways because I don't want to do Arena matches if I know my squad is weak to begin with.
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 23 August 19 at 16:16
Kamera said:
I don't like that you need to win battles in order to earn crates. I wish there were other ways because I don't want to do Arena matches if I know my squad is weak to begin with.
You have to win THEN WAIT. Which is awfully convient for the game, because it tries to try to sell you shortcuts to open lootboxes warning
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
MrNoLuckFox
MrNoLuckFox
Posted on 23 August 19 at 16:25
The game and everything about it is enjoyable and fun...Just not some of behind the scenes mechanics #pay2win

I would love to 100% it but I know i'll never hit highest rank without dropping money.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 23 August 19 at 22:49
If you are a completionist, and do not wish to pay real money, then DO NOT PLAY THIS GaME> this game is rigged to put you up against players who have paid money. Although I am playing against people with the same so called 'gear level', these people have much higher units, even when their base level is equal or lower. I've had time when they produced 4-5 high level units at the exact same time, making me also suspect bots playing on occasion.

I am sick of my level 3 marcus dying to a level 1 anything in a one on one battle with guns.
THis game has some serious flaws.
Nooblade
Nooblade
Posted on 23 August 19 at 22:58, Edited on 23 August 19 at 23:01 by Nooblade
I am not buying any 1st party game anymore. With Gears 5 and Halo 5 lootboxes mechanics, Microsoft's greed has reached higher than Activision or even EA.

Also gamepass removed the "need" to buy any of them. Most of the IPs now are not worthy a month of Gamepass subscription.

My last mistake has been Super Lucky's Tales which is good but plague with FPS drops even on X and buggy/frustrating controls.
Nooblade
Hairy Cabbage
Hairy Cabbage
Posted on 24 August 19 at 00:03, Edited on 24 August 19 at 00:04 by Hairy Cabbage
I'm currently sitting at around 1100 Cogs in arena 4 and to be completely honest, i haven't ran into any one who has seemingly overpowered me except when i make obviously mistakes. I don't doubt for a second that there will be some people out there that spend insane amounts for the advantage, but i haven't ran into any yet. And even so, they will eventually be so far ahead of the average player that a normal person probably wont even run into them anymore. It will be whale vs whale.
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 24 August 19 at 03:59
Nooblade said:
I am not buying any 1st party game anymore. With Gears 5 and Halo 5 lootboxes mechanics, Microsoft's greed has reached higher than Activision or even EA.
Halo 5's lootboxes were fine, you got points to buy them very fast and you didn't really need them for much (only 1 game mode had gameplay affected at all by them)
Santino
Steaksaucepie
Steaksaucepie
Posted on 24 August 19 at 05:14
Ive spent about 20$ on the game. I float at 1400-1500 cogs and i cant climb higher due to enemy units being extremely overlevelled. Hopefully it balances soon
Lord of Embers
Posted on 24 August 19 at 05:51
I'm at 1600. It is impossible for me to go any higher without spending hundreds of dollars. Another 800 cogs to reach max level is literally insane. There is no strategy to the game, it is a test of who has the most money. As of right now do not play unless you have 500 dollars you can drop to get you to max level.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 24 August 19 at 06:15
Remember there is a 'trickle' affect, over time worse and worse players will make their way up the chain. Just today, a couple of days in, only the P2W whales can get there.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 24 August 19 at 09:05, Edited on 24 August 19 at 09:09 by Ace
Its just early in the season, go play any game that has seasons and its the exact same. The top tier players get mixed in with the average players and if you are an average/new player you hit the wall that is top players. Give it a week and things will start to balance out.

There is an MMR system in place for the game. if you are winning a lot and on a win streak you'll get more gears per win because you are facing players who are a number of gears above you in rank, however those players will also have stronger set-ups and likely played during soft launch so they have a number of levelled up characters. Each season resets everyone to bronze, this will continue to happen each season, lots of easy matches early against bad players and then over time you'll start to balance out and face players on your skill level.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 24 August 19 at 18:56
I haven't bought shit and have been doing ok. I'm mid 800's and I lose a few but still am making progress.
Chunkeh Munkeh
Chunkeh Munkeh
Posted on 24 August 19 at 19:23
planting42 said:
I haven't bought shit and have been doing ok. I'm mid 800's and I lose a few but still am making progress.
Arena 4 is my bottleneck. I bought the welcome pack and I only win if I get lucky or if I manage to get someone who just entered Arena 4. I almost got into Arena 5 then lost 5 in a row. At 1128 right now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.