Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

"You've got a poor internet connection"

AuthorMessage
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 23 August 19 at 04:05
My internet connection has never been so humiliated before playing this game.

Not sure if anyone else experiences this. It happened too many times, about once every three games I play. It's beyond frustrating.
Shank1998
Shank1998
Posted on 23 August 19 at 08:39
yeah I was having similar problems, even went to 4g and wasn't any better. It got better randomly though and haven't had a problem since. I noticed other people I was versing must have been having the same issues so I'd say it's a server issue. But looking at the time you posted this it would be around the same time as me
flipmodeXXIII
flipmodeXXIII
Posted on 23 August 19 at 11:13
Still having this issue. I’ve been unable to play since launch.
WiFi at home is a steady 80Mbps and 4G is roughly 30-40Mbps.

How much better do they want it to be?
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 23 August 19 at 15:54
An iPhone with iOS 13 public beta 7 has no issues but an iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.4 keeps getting disconnected. Both use the same wifi connection, both do everything else without any issues but Gears Pop! is the tie-breaker.

On PC it works fine, despite it looking horrible due to it being a mobile game, but even Minion Rush looks fine on PC.
TheRealJoeSchmo
Posted on 23 August 19 at 18:32
I have not been able to play since launch either. When I try to log in to XBL, I receive the “poor internet connection” error. I have tried running the game while on WIFI and through LTE as well to no avail. I reached out to their support and they have yet to get back to me again. Hoping for a fix soon!
TheRealJoeSchmo
wanderux
wanderux
Posted on 24 August 19 at 11:42
Same problem - PC version works fine, but Android still freezes at 9%.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 24 August 19 at 12:31
same with my wi-fi
80 down
20 up
16 ping
1 jitter
for some reason the lag appears less times when i play with 4G mobile
If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help. John F. Kennedy
OMGWTH00111111
Posted on 24 August 19 at 14:49
I have yet to get a single match done thanks to the "you have poor Internet". As soon as a match starts I get booted out. Managed the tutorial and that's it.
If at first you don't succeed,boost.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 24 August 19 at 18:50
I get this every 5-6 matches and I'm playing at home on 100down, 30up so its not my connection. Their servers are probably shot.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 26 August 19 at 03:11
I'm playing on my office's wi-fi, switched to 4G and still the same issue. It has been a few days. I just lost three games in a row because midway through my screen just froze. I mean I'm okay to lose but not to a technicality lol
Young Yeetman
Young Yeetman
Posted on 26 August 19 at 21:26
game crashed during a horde match. wasnt able to log in since
oOlove2spoogeOo
Posted on 27 August 19 at 02:15
Mine only appears to work smoothly on my cellular connection (5GE) from At&t. When I use my wifi, which is 120 mbps and faster at everything else, it always lags. I have AT&T reboot my internet on their end and the game worked smoothly for the first two games. After that, lag once again. It has to be something with their servers.
Mercado
Mercado
Posted on 27 August 19 at 04:26
Game gives me a connection error and is stuck at 27% on the loading screen. To make things worse I got a prompt to forget xbox live account, did that, went through the tutorial then when I tried logging back into xbox live and it's stuck again. Fantastic.
Razor8674
Razor8674
Posted on 27 August 19 at 04:40
mines also stuck at 27% my phone tv and xbox work fine on the net
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 27 August 19 at 05:39
Their servers have turned to crap. Admittedly they've done a good job of handling the launch, but they need to seriously do some maintenance.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 27 August 19 at 05:50
Joining the 27% club. laugh
CGRpink
CGRpink
Posted on 27 August 19 at 06:15
27% is 73% irritating...
You would think that a mobile game would allow me to be, you know, mobile.
SmokeNashty
SmokeNashty
Posted on 28 August 19 at 03:30
Anyone else can’t log I to Xbox live. Game has been fine until this morning. Tried to start up the game then it told me to forget my account because it can’t connect to Xbox live. Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Had to play the tut again. But nothing.
GRUB Ki11R
GRUB Ki11R
Posted on 28 August 19 at 08:34
Same issue, it lets me play as a local player, but not as my xbox live account. I kept uninstalling it, hoping that it’d work later, but keeps telling me internet error, even though i can do other things on my internet. Like play on my xbox itself online, Just not on my phone apparently. They need to get their shit figured out because obviously its not my internet. And this game had me hooked pretty good.
GRUB Ki11r
Ninja Scroll
Ninja Scroll
Posted on 01 September 19 at 08:49
SmokeNashty said:
Anyone else can’t log I to Xbox live. Game has been fine until this morning. Tried to start up the game then it told me to forget my account because it can’t connect to Xbox live. Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Had to play the tut again. But nothing.
I’ve had the same exact issues as yourself and others. Mines started doing this earlier today. I’ve tried uninstalling as yourself and others to no avail.
WTF? This is the first mobile game I’ve given a chance (and money, ugh) only because it’s Gears and officially a Microsoft release hoping for top tier quality. Man, was I wrong. Very disappointing. At least coming to this forum I know it’s not a isolated issue.
Very unfortunate. Hopefully they fix this sooner rather than later.

It’s a very addictive fun game. Though once you hit Bronze level they pull a lot of slick money grabbing moves. Y’all know what I mean if you’ve gotten to bronze level.
Ninja Scroll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.