Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Blair Witch, Control, Decay of Logos: There's A Lot To Look Forward To Next Week

• Posted on 24 August 19 at 15:50Permalink
    Going to pre-order Control and Man of Medan today.

Blair Witch through GP.

Decay of Logos looks intriguing. Can't wait for Borderlands 3 and Gears 5 in a few weeks! rock
    "What is this...a crossover episode?!"
  • superniceguysuperniceguy274,316
    Posted on 24 August 19 at 16:09Permalink
    Blair Witch for definite as it comes with Games Pass

I was going to get Control but it is riddled with exclusive content, PS4 gets exclusive content, plus also the digital deluxe edition on PSN store gets extra side mission Isolation, which does not seem to be available anywhere else even physically, and no deluxe version for xbox, so complete game of Control seems to be digital deluxe version on PSN store.

It does not seem to be possible to buy the disc version and then buy the extra mission as DLC.

This, plus my backlog, has put me off getting it for now, and wait for a sale on PSN store or if this cintent becomes available later.
  • Posted on 24 August 19 at 19:42Permalink
    Wreckfest looks fun. Nothing groundbreaking, just fun. Decay of Logos looked fun and interesting, but after watching a gameplay video, lost interest. Looks like a Dark Souls style combat. One hit and you are dead it appeared. I don't have the patience for gameplay like that. That's probably good though since Borderlands 3 is so close! Don't need to stay occupied for long.
    Thin Blue Line Support https://www.odmp.org/
  • SanjoeSanjoe323,767
    Posted on 24 August 19 at 20:56Permalink
    Blair Witch! clap
    The Real Sanjoe ¦ Just a German with no english skills
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl629,959
    Posted on 25 August 19 at 05:27Permalink
    All on my wishlist. Pumped!
  • Coffee CPHCoffee CPH28,741
    Posted on 25 August 19 at 22:36Permalink
    Wreckfest is amazing ... I have it already
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 04:57Permalink
    mkdfan said:
    Blair Witch for me. Very intrigued. Hope it’s good!
    Control is a close 2nd though. It doesn’t seem to have generated any hype at all unfortunately. When searching for it on retailer websites I get Xbox controllers as a result before the game.
    I’ll be interested to see how it sells.
    Probably didnt hype Control up much because of the fact that they overhyped Quantum Break.
  • NendoShisuNendoShisu220,433
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 05:27Permalink
    None of the above
    NendoShisu
  • Six4ProdigySix4Prodigy119,684
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 12:14Permalink
    TwelfthGnu35898 said:
    mkdfan said:
    Blair Witch for me. Very intrigued. Hope it’s good!
    Control is a close 2nd though. It doesn’t seem to have generated any hype at all unfortunately. When searching for it on retailer websites I get Xbox controllers as a result before the game.
    I’ll be interested to see how it sells.
    Probably didnt hype Control up much because of the fact that they overhyped Quantum Break.
    What do you mean? Quantum Break was so good. It had an actor that played in it as well.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy274,316
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 16:22, Edited on 26 August 19 at 16:28 by superniceguyPermalink
    I caved and preordered Control deluxe version on PSN store. With ShopTos offer on wallett top ups made it be about £50 total which includes expansion pass. So if expansion pass is more than £10 then its a saving.

Still, playing more on Xbox these days, at least it will give PS4 a workout. Time to put on noise cancelling headphones for its fan!

I will still probably play Blair Witch (and others) more so on Xbox, try and finish it before it leaves games pass.

edit: Heads up on ShopTo digital stuff, with me it took ages to get the codes, I bought £35 and £20 and the £35 came through but not the £20, then tried contacting Shopto through twitter, and it did not seem it would get sorted until Tuesday when preorder bonuses would be gone and 10% off, so ended up buying it anyway, with just the £35, and then the £20 code came through afterwards.
  • Teriyaki TejTeriyaki Tej598,625 598,625 GamerScore
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:06Permalink
    Control
    Blair Witch
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan

That's just the end of august!
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:09Permalink
    Greedfall for me, which wasn't on the list cry
    Clap That Fool
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:38Permalink
    Clap That Fool said:
    Greedfall for me, which wasn't on the list cry
    Man im sooo excited for that one!
    Matthew
  • Posted on 27 August 19 at 11:34Permalink
    Wreckfest.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • Posted on 27 August 19 at 12:41Permalink
    Where is "none?"
  • oaksproutoaksprout424,076
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 17:06Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Where is "none?"
    I agree, none should be an option.
  • Temple JonesTemple Jones142,508
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 08:20Permalink
    I almost voted Hookbot because i read Hookerbots, then i changed my vote to Bards Tale IV
    Edward Temple Jones
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.