Game Discussion: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn Forum

Game price in UK vs. USA

AuthorMessage
K8 AUSTEN
K8 AUSTEN
Posted on 24 August 19 at 03:45
Can anyone tell me why this game is priced at £14.99 in the UK but is also $14.99 in the US? The currency conversion for $14.99 is £12.21.
Is the game developer responsible or is it down to MS?

Thanks
Koding
Koding
Posted on 24 August 19 at 03:50
I think it has to do with the VAT people in the UK pay. Using an online calculator I was told if you buy something for 12.21 pounds (I don't know how to make that curvy L char...sorry), VAT would be 2.44 which makes the total 14.65. Not exact, but much closer. I don't know where the difference comes in though. Maybe the percentage I used (20%) is off.

If I'm completely wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about (most probably), tell me and I will shut up.
62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 24 August 19 at 08:30
Yeah its awkward since all the yank prices dont have their sales tax on yet, though there are some states that dont have that tax i believe (and people fake being in that state for that reason)
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Koding
Koding
Posted on 24 August 19 at 15:50
Spilner said:
Yeah its awkward since all the yank prices dont have their sales tax on yet, though there are some states that dont have that tax i believe (and people fake being in that state for that reason)
OK, now that I can confirm. I live in Florida and I do not pay sales tax on any digital purchases I make through Microsoft.
62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.