Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Is Season Pass required for 100%

AuthorMessage
PennyWise36One
Posted on 24 August 19 at 19:40
Is it possible to unlock every achievement in the game without the season pass or is it required?

My friend has just the base game that was free on Gold but he tells me that he has all the maps to play on. He has 84% on the achievement for playing every post launch map.

Is there any content that you must own to get the completion?

Thanks.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 24 August 19 at 21:24
Season Pass is only used to play MP packs locally.

Online all maps are accessable.

It was the biggest waste of money in Xbox One history. Just like Gears 4
PennyWise36One
Posted on 24 August 19 at 21:56
Ok, so does that mean that all achievements are possible with just the base game?

Is there any certain character related achievement you need the season pass for or anything at all?

Just curious because I have owned it for years now and always put it off thinking that I needed to shell out more cash for the completion.

Can I complete it with just my base copy?
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 25 August 19 at 01:56, Edited on 25 August 19 at 02:03 by KAW 24
Yes you can complete it without the season pass. The main barrier to completion is getting caught boosting in ranked matches and banned, preventing you earning any multiplayer/horde achievements. Also, there are no longer any events for the two weapon skin achievements but TC have said those weapon skins will be craftable 'sometime' after Gears 5 release.
PennyWise36One
Posted on 25 August 19 at 14:58
Thank you for clearing that up man, I was aware of the skins issue and was planning to wait for that fix before I start.
PennyWise36One
Posted on 25 August 19 at 15:36
I looked over the achievements and had just one final question.

Am I correct in saying that only 3 achievements are required to unlock playing in PvP ranked matches?

Ranked and Filed :
Achieved a rank in one Core and one Competitive game mode.

Getting Competitive :
It got sweaty, but you won 25 matches in Competitive playlists.

Don’t Hate The Players :
You won 25 matches in 2v2 playlists

To my understanding everything else can be unlocked playing against bots, is this correct?

Sorry for bugging and thanks for the info.
jwprice1974
jwprice1974
Posted on 25 August 19 at 17:00
2v2 is also required to earn the “Got Your Back Like a Butt Crack” achievement and a handful of ribbons for “Chest Candy” can only be earned by playing escalation, which is only available on the ranked playlists.
PennyWise36One
Posted on 25 August 19 at 19:51
Thank you.
DURDENS WRATH
DURDENS WRATH
Posted on 28 August 19 at 22:47
KAW 24 said:
Yes you can complete it without the season pass. The main barrier to completion is getting caught boosting in ranked matches and banned, preventing you earning any multiplayer/horde achievements. Also, there are no longer any events for the two weapon skin achievements but TC have said those weapon skins will be craftable 'sometime' after Gears 5 release.
That is some bullshit. Dont make a grindy game if you dont want people boosting.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 29 August 19 at 00:18
Well come January 2020, they are getting rid of the ranked mode in Gears 4 and are redoing the Versus Playlists, so I doubt they'll care about boosters in the game. With Gears 5 launching next month they will be focusing everything on that, and be banning people boosting in 5 now instead.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.