Game Discussion: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Forum

Wins

AuthorMessage
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 25 August 19 at 03:56
Anyone know why my wins by artifact, wonder, and ruins are not unlocking? I have won many times each way.
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 25 August 19 at 09:00
Same. Anyone who can advise I'd appreciate it.
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 25 August 19 at 13:03
Try following the achievement guides for the windows 10 2018 version. They worked for me. Basically just involves creating random maps with the map shown from start so you can check where they are/if they spawned.
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 26 August 19 at 04:16
I did that. Many times.

Convinced it's a glitch. Uninstalled and reinstalling. Will update once I've tried again. Will be a few days because damn my internets are slow. @#$% you Frontier!
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
PURESSENCE
PURESSENCE
Posted on 26 August 19 at 10:25
They're not unlocking for me either and following the old guides exactly. Anyone managed to get them to work?
Too much work, not enough games
PURESSENCE
PURESSENCE
Posted on 26 August 19 at 11:41
Figured out what I was doing wrong, you have to have the game type set to STANDARD. Having it on time limit or deathmatch will not work
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:48
Ok. I will try again when I can.

Left the PC on overnight, 8 GB out of 17 downloaded. Yeesh!
PURESSENCE
PURESSENCE
Posted on 27 August 19 at 09:47
Wow that's a slow download speed, you have my sympathy. Took me about 30 minutes, but I am on a 200Mbps fibre line here in the UK.
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 27 August 19 at 16:05
Didn't work.
TRMNTD
TRMNTD
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:43
I had no troubles with any of these except the Ruins win. I tried everything above to no avail, but what finally seemed to work was setting the map to Large instead of Small.

When I attempted this before I was convinced that the bigdaddys killing off all the enemy villagers at the ruins near their town hall had something to do with this, but I'm not entirely sure.

To be safe, once the match started, I spawned "bigdaddy" five times and send them to each of the ruins, then made them stand their ground so they protect it but don't go out of their way fighting the enemy as they build.
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 28 August 19 at 20:11
Ok Finally got it!

Now I just need 1 more achievement. Gotta beat an ELO match? That should be easy! I know all of Electric Light Orchestra's songs by heart!
SPACE ODDITY
SPACE ODDITY
Posted on 04 September 19 at 19:14
How did you get them to unlock? I've tried everything.
QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
Neumans
Neumans
Posted on 05 September 19 at 01:03, Edited on 05 September 19 at 01:04 by Neumans
Just did the last of mine in scenario's I made per the instructions in the guides. I do have an achievement scenario that someone made, got from the 2018 guides that I was able to do a hell of a lot of them in, just the ELO match to go.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.