Game Discussion: Shadowrun Forum

Online servers not working

AuthorMessage
Shadowkiller77
Posted on 25 August 19 at 14:26, Edited on 25 August 19 at 14:34 by Shadowkiller77
Heads up:

For anyone that still wants to start this game. It seems that the online public servers are bugged since around December 2018. This might mean that the online achievements have become unobtainable (excluding the training chapter achievements), since bot matches don't unlock achievements.

I couldn't verify myself if private matches are still working but they seem to be buggy from what I gathered from this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowrunfps/comments/a5li3n/an_upd...

I loved this game back in the day and actually wanted to start playing it again. If you haven't started the game yet I would steer clear of it. Hopefully they will fix the servers soon, although I wouldn't count on it since the developer is defunct since 2007.

Edit: the post discusses the Xbox 360 version, I have no idea about the current state of the Windows version.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 25 August 19 at 15:37
I was playing this game last week with 9 other gamers.
Shadowkiller77
Posted on 25 August 19 at 15:40
Bastian Reader said:
I was playing this game last week with 9 other gamers.
In public servers or did you set up a private match?
Bastian Reader
Posted on 25 August 19 at 17:27, Edited on 25 August 19 at 17:28 by Bastian Reader
Public and private. You can see recent achievement winners to see people unlocking the achievements as well.
Shadowkiller77
Posted on 25 August 19 at 22:36, Edited on 25 August 19 at 22:37 by Shadowkiller77
Bastian Reader said:
Public and private. You can see recent achievement winners to see people unlocking the achievements as well.
Strange... I tried to get into a public match today and immediately when I am searching it says that I found 2 possible matches which eventually get denied. I wait then a little bit longer and it suddenly finds 10 possible matches all of which don't lead to a match. In the end it says that I need to wait for 3 players. This pattern repeats itself if I search again.

I definitely think the servers are bugged/technical issues. In the past I never got this issue and on the reddit for Shadowrun there are several people who had server issues.

If it works for you, all the better. I only want to advise people considering to start this game to keep these possible issues in mind.
Hero of Night
Hero of Night
Posted on 28 August 19 at 23:07
It certainly messes up for a lot of people. We've had guys get so frustrated that they give up.

It's totally possible, but you really have to race against the server to finish a match.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.