The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 27th, 2019

• Posted on 27 August 19 at 12:03
    snake42069 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    So TA sent me a pm saying that the FH3 Hoonigan pack (on my wishlist) is on sale...Which appears not to be the case. Anyone know what the story is there?
    usually when it does that is because a bundle including that item is on sale. Or it is on sale in another region.
    Yep, but no FH3 DLC packs nor passes, nor full title bundle are listed in this sale, even for other regions. Only FM6 (Porsche) and FH4 Fortune Island.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,156,996
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 12:11, Edited on 27 August 19 at 12:16 by Elite1111111111
    Yummy Baklava said:
    The 360 sale is live, but not on TA just yet.

https://majornelson.com/2019/08/26/this-weeks-deals-with-gol...

Sometimes it feels like there are only three or four publishers exist in the industry because it's the same handful of publisher sales which are on rotation.
    As far as I can tell none of those sales are actually live. Every one I've checked still shows at full price.

IAteA11ThePies said:
    snake42069 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    So TA sent me a pm saying that the FH3 Hoonigan pack (on my wishlist) is on sale...Which appears not to be the case. Anyone know what the story is there?
    usually when it does that is because a bundle including that item is on sale. Or it is on sale in another region.
    Yep, but no FH3 DLC packs nor passes, nor full title bundle are listed in this sale, even for other regions. Only FM6 (Porsche) and FH4 Fortune Island.
    The Complete Add-Ons Collection is on sale, it just isn't listed here right now. You got the notification because the regular sale page still picked it up I'm guessing.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,120,580
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 12:35
    Looking like just AC3 on the season pass for me this time round. $20 was the price I was waiting for it to drop to again, so it's nice to see.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,120,580
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 12:41
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Yummy Baklava said:

Sometimes it feels like there are only three or four publishers exist in the industry because it's the same handful of publisher sales which are on rotation.
    As far as I can tell none of those sales are actually live. Every one I've checked still shows at full price.
    Same thing for me, took the store links for a few games and it seems like the discounts haven't been applied yet. Makes sense as to why they haven't been published on TA yet.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord3,122,667
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 13:01
    Waiting for Blizzard Mountain for Horizon 3 to go on sale. I got the Hot Wheels DLC when it was on sale recently.
    DubstepEdgelord
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,186
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 13:37
    How can they be so lazy about the Xbox 360 sales... warning
  • snake42069snake420692,055,220
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:23
    Tatl360 said:
    there isnt any on sale from what i can see when looking directly on the website. At least not anything BC. Usually those show up on the website with the xbox one games.

Also, is anyone noticing that alot of old 360 games have been getting "updates" recently? I doubt they are going 4k enhanced, but my xbox is updating alot of 360 games recently.
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249916,286
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:27
    Tatl360 said:
    The sale prices aren't showing up, its still showing the regular price.
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,186
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:31
    snake42069 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    there isnt any on sale from what i can see when looking directly on the website. At least not anything BC. Usually those show up on the website with the xbox one games.

Also, is anyone noticing that alot of old 360 games have been getting "updates" recently? I doubt they are going 4k enhanced, but my xbox is updating alot of 360 games recently.
    Achilles8249 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    The sale prices aren't showing up, its still showing the regular price.
    Yes I'm saying Microsoft is being lazy, not TA. headspin
  • vegansoundvegansound1,220,684
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:43
    According to me, TA does a bad job week after week for the sales articles. I know it's long and hard to do (even if apparently everything is automatic now, they almost have nothing to do), but for months now, the 'Xbox One Bundles & Special Editions' became a bin where everything and nothing is included.

I mean, this week for example, in the 'Xbox One Bundles & Special Editions' section, we can find:
    - 'Far Cry Primal - Wenja Pack', which is indeed a bundle of DLCs, but we can't buy them individually, so that one DLC containing several things in it,
    - 'Dead Alliance' and 'The Crew' that are misleading because it's not just the base game but the base game + another content. Which is a bundle, but not written as so. It should be 'Dead Alliance: Full Game Upgrade + Multiplayer Edition', and 'The Crew: Ultimate Edition'.
    - 'Valley of the Yetis for Far Cry 4', first it's only one DLC written here, but when we click the 'buy' button, it leads to the season pass.

I wish more accurate infos could be indicated. Sometimes we don't even know from wich game it's all about.

And even if season passes are budles, I would put them in the DLCs section, not the bundle one.

I hope someone of the team will take this in consideration. Thanks.
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 14:57, Edited on 27 August 19 at 15:01 by Elite1111111111
    vegansound said:
    According to me, TA does a bad job week after week for the sales articles. I know it's long and hard to do (even if apparently everything is automatic now, they almost have nothing to do), but for months now, the 'Xbox One Bundles & Special Editions' became a bin where everything and nothing is included.

I mean, this week for example, in the 'Xbox One Bundles & Special Editions' section, we can find:
    - 'Far Cry Primal - Wenja Pack', which is indeed a bundle of DLCs, but we can't buy them individually, so that one DLC containing several things in it,
    - 'Dead Alliance' and 'The Crew' that are misleading because it's not just the base game but the base game + another content. Which is a bundle, but not written as so. It should be 'Dead Alliance: Full Game Upgrade + Multiplayer Edition', and 'The Crew: Ultimate Edition'.
    - 'Valley of the Yetis for Far Cry 4', first it's only one DLC written here, but when we click the 'buy' button, it leads to the season pass.

I wish more accurate infos could be indicated. Sometimes we don't even know from wich game it's all about.

And even if season passes are budles, I would put them in the DLCs section, not the bundle one.

I hope someone of the team will take this in consideration. Thanks.
    To explain each of those cases:

Case 1 - They're in the "bundles" section because they're "bundles" on the Xbox Store.

Case 2 + 3 - There seems to be some quirk with the sales generation where bundles containing exactly one achievement-bearing piece of content defaults to the name of said piece of content. This is what's happening with "The Crew" and "Valley of the Yetis". That might need looked at.

This is not, however, what is happening to Dead Alliance. The bundle on Xbox.com is actually called "Dead AllianceTM". Not sure why it's avoiding that quirk.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,807,097
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 15:09
    JungAndReckless said:
    Blue Papyrus said:
    Is Siege harder or easier now since the achievement list was changed completely?
    Far easier, I launched the game after the update and automatically unlocked the last 3 super grindy achievements I hadn’t been motivated to do yet.
    If you're just starting, it's arguably harder cuz of a few achievements that I already had (mainly disabling the defuser 5 times because it almost never actually gets planted)
  • MentokMentok850,878
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 15:15
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Man, same here. I got all excited, I thought it was finally going on sale. Oh well.
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 15:16, Edited on 27 August 19 at 15:17 by vegansound
    Elite1111111111 said:
    That might need looked at.
    Yes, because if Microsoft post something they think is good, for users it may not, and TA must be the closest to what it really is. Clicking on 'Dead AllianceTM' (in another word just 'Dead Alliance') doesn't indicate it's a bundle, since the base game alone is available.

And I take advantage that I have your attention to ask a long time question I have:
    Why sometimes we can't see the prices on some sales? Like for this week sales:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/35/2/15669189....png
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 16:01
    Elite1111111111 said:
    I believe that means the sale isn't live in your region.
    Every time I click the 'buy' links (I'm in Europe), for the unpriced sales, it says that the bundle isn't available for now. So I guess I have my answer, now, but that's strange that big games as Assassin's Creed or Far Cry don't have those bundle over here...

And what about the articles showing the quickest games in sales? It's been a while we didn't see them.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM1,199,950
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 16:08
    Iggsy81 said:
    Anyone else just skip right by all the "bundles" DLCs ultimate super-duper editions immediately every week?
    No, those are usually the best deals. I've had Game Pass for over a year so I make sure to only get games in these sales that have the DLC bundled in so that if it ever hits Game Pass I don't feel like I wasted money since most game just enter my backlog anyway.
  • atryeu1atryeu1452,508
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 17:39
    Yummy Baklava said:

Thanks for posting this! I was waiting for the list last night and just came back this morning and it's still not there and I figured somebody would have commented in this thread about it.

Maybe the list will be up here later when I get home. I might be interested in one or two of the DLCs but would rather see prices first and I don't have time to look at each individual page right now LoL

Thanks again!
  • FUBLFUBL412,544
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 18:43
    i am not seeing any discounts when i click on the 360 links from major nelsons site
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 18:48, Edited on 27 August 19 at 18:49 by Elite1111111111
    FUBL said:
    i am not seeing any discounts when i click on the 360 links from major nelsons site
    Yeah, I think he must have jumped the gun there. The 360 sales are often delayed and he generally waits to post the sale list because of this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads