Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Gears POP! $15000 to complete all achievements? What are we going to do about it?

AuthorMessage
Markyshizzle
Markyshizzle
Posted on 27 August 19 at 18:14, Edited on 27 August 19 at 20:54 by Markyshizzle
Gears POP!MajorThe Major achievement in Gears POP! worth 50 pointsReach Max Player Level 20

To the gentleman that did the math in the solution that got deleted, can you post it back to this forum post?

What are we as a community going to do about it?
Jblacq
Jblacq
Posted on 27 August 19 at 18:26
Why is this a problem? You aren't required to pay for this.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 27 August 19 at 18:47
Jblacq said:
This, also as time goes on I'm sure more pins will be added to the game making that achievement easier.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 27 August 19 at 19:34
Jblacq said:
Exactly. Nobody is making you buy anything. Gears has always been a grind and I’m not sure why anyone makes this version out to be so bad. Just because it’s free to play now it can’t take a hundred hours to complete it? Gears 4 did. I’m happy to purchase an IAP in a free game if I’m enjoying my time with it. If you aren’t happy paying for it then just grind it out.
Game On.
Markyshizzle
Markyshizzle
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:25
Bro.... $15000 dollars to complete it.... its not $5 or $50.... its not an exaggeration.

You could not complete this in 5 years playing it everyday without spending money. You dont see the problem with that?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:29
Not personally. Some games are short, some are long. Like I said I’m happy to spend a little money on a game I enjoy. You’re looking at it from the perspective of starting a brand new save and only spending money without playing to complete it. Also curious to know where you get a figure like that in the first place.
Game On.
Squ4rex
Squ4rex
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:36
The figure is also ignoring things like using coins from battles to buy the daily pins synths shop (at least Bronze and Silver). Also, the extra pack you receive at the end of a season which has big rewards.

Game hasn’t even been out a week. I know people on TA want to Irish to complete things as fast as possible, but this should be a game you are playing in 15 minute spurts 2-3 times a day if you feel like it. Taking a while to complete is fine.
Markyshizzle
Markyshizzle
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:49, Edited on 27 August 19 at 20:50 by Markyshizzle
Many people have done math, you would be looking at literally years of playing hours per day. Hope some people can post the math they did in the solution that got deleted previously.

How long do you estimate it will take for you to get the estimated 5 million coins to upgrade the pins? With all lockboxes you are looking at what, 5k per day? Plus you gotta spend coins to get the pins to begin with.... So yeah
Hect0rlo
Hect0rlo
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:50
I agree that this game is scummy pay2win fest but this is a very poor argument. You need $15,000 if you want the achievement TODAY and without playing. Am i supposed to also complain about other games that took me years to complete?
Markyshizzle
Markyshizzle
Posted on 27 August 19 at 20:52
Hect0rlo said:
I agree that this game is scummy pay2win fest but this is a very poor argument. You need $15,000 if you want the achievement TODAY and without playing. Am i supposed to also complain about other games that took me years to complete?
This game is literally impossible to grind as well... You dont get coins for simply winning. Taking years because you choose and taking years because its not able to be done any other way... yeah its bs
Hect0rlo
Hect0rlo
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:06
Markyshizzle said:
This game is literally impossible to grind as well... You dont get coins for simply winning. Taking years because you choose and taking years because its not able to be done any other way... yeah its bs
You're not supposed to grind it, at least not in the sense of playing all day and stuff. I'm playing about 2 hours in total a day by doing this:
Total rewards:
- 4 golden crates for win streaks
- 12-14 silver/golden crates for winning matches

The win streaks reset every 4 hours.
As for the other win crates, i just let the cooldowns run their course (while waiting for the streak 4 hours) or use from the 30 gold crystals you get by completing the daily challenges when the crates ask you for 1-2 crystals.

It's not quick, it's not fair, it's not exactly fun but i really think it can be done with enough patience and dedication.
AssassinDK
AssassinDK
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:30
Have the people complaining never played most of the free-to-play games around? The game is free, and no one ask you to pay anything, but then you have to put some effort in. It's the same in games like Battle Islands Commanders, Gems of War (to an extent), World of Tanks, and most mobile games. It's not a new phenomenon, and if it upsets you then just don't play it. I don't intend to spend money on it, but then I don't expect developers to work for free either.
Markyshizzle
Markyshizzle
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:41
Ive played all of those games. They didnt make an achievement that took 5 years and still not reachable.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 27 August 19 at 21:59
It's free to play trash, microtransactions are expected. It only makes sense that they're as exploitative as possible from a business standpoint. Some whale will definitely spend that money, everyone else who started it should use this as a lesson to not start free to play games, especially ones developed around series like Gears that use their full price game as microtransaction infested shitholes.
Coadster1 x360a
Posted on 27 August 19 at 22:20
Markyshizzle is right. At this game's current state, no one will ever complete this game without paying $12-$15,000. I have completed every Gears title, and Gears Pop is unlike any Gears of War game, and any free to play game I have played. It is unlike anything I have ever seen.

I'm tired of seeing responses to this complaint saying "just grind it out," or "you don't have to pay for it." Anyone who is saying stuff like this hasn't played the game long enough to fully understand the complexity of this issue. You could complete every Gears game 10 times before even coming close to finishing this one.

When you first start out, it seems like you could just play a bit every day and you would complete it over time, leveling up pins to earn XP, sounds simple enough. You could easily get up to player level 9 or 10 or so without paying and just using your rewards from the daily challenges and win streak. Tedious, but possible.

Here is where shit hits the fan. Once you get up to player level 13, there starts to be an enormous increase in XP requirements and pin requirements. But by this time, most of your pins are up to lvl 10 or 13 now, and obviously requiring more and more for each level. You will eventually get to a certain point where there is nothing left to upgrade, no matter how much you play, or pay. Everything is so far off, and when I finally reach 5600 pins for lvl 16 Stun Tracker (who knows when that will be), I'll only be rewarded with like 80 XP. I need 10k for player level 16. And there's still 4 more levels after that! Each skyrocketing the XP requirements from the previous. The XP for higher level pins simply isn't proportional to the XP requirements for player level given the amount of pins, they are way off. I'm not even sure if you got every pin to lvl 20, you would have enough XP for player lvl 20, it's that bad. There is no end in sight, none whatsoever, unless something changes regarding the XP system.

*And this isn't even touching on the coin requirements for all your higher level upgrades, that's a whole other subject.

All things considered, the game has not even been out a week. I'm certain some changes are to come: adjustments to matchmaking, something for Horde, either increasing the odds of receiving thumpers (likely), or completely doing away with them (not likely), the addition of content (ie: pins, maps, modes?), and of course fixing this broken XP system.

It's no secret this game was released for the sole purpose of to profit off loot crates. We all saw it in Gears 4, but this is a completely different beast. But there is just no way this game was released with the devs knowing it would cost $15,000 to complete.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 27 August 19 at 22:36, Edited on 27 August 19 at 22:38 by planting42
Gonna leave this here:
Prominence PokerBillionaireThe Billionaire achievement in Prominence Poker worth 3697 pointsReach 1 billion bankroll

Think to Lies of Asteroth... they had achievements on launch that were straight up !U and took their sweet time releasing the cards. FTP follows different rules. Look at my Neverwinter time played lol.
Hect0rlo
Hect0rlo
Posted on 27 August 19 at 23:10
Do we even know the requirements for lvl 20 pins and rank? I've only managed to get a pin to level 12.
Coadster1 x360a
Posted on 28 August 19 at 00:17
Hect0rlo said:
Do we even know the requirements for lvl 20 pins and rank? I've only managed to get a pin to level 12.
There was a great comment thread on a solution for the lvl 20 achievement the OP was referring to that has since been deleted that involved a lot of math and explained things really well.

It was around 6.4k for lvl 15, it's now 10k for lvl 16. I believe the post said 16k for lvl 17, and over 20k for lvl 18.

In terms of common pins:
lvl 13 - 1400,
lvl 14 - 2200
lvl 15 - 3600
lvl 16 - 5600

15 is my highest pin
Hect0rlo
Hect0rlo
Posted on 28 August 19 at 00:59
Damn, i expected it to be bad but not THAT bad.
EvilChainsaw27
Posted on 28 August 19 at 02:29
If this truly is a Gears game won't we get double xp weekends and such? A guy can dream right?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.