Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Gears POP! $15000 to complete all achievements? What are we going to do about it?

AuthorMessage
qwxx
qwxx
Posted on 10 September 19 at 01:29
Sucks for those of us that spent a lot of money upgrading the pins... Damn!
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 10 September 19 at 01:34
I can't even win before the nerf. I can't buy a win after it. laugh
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 10 September 19 at 01:53
Pay to win is still there, it's just leveled out a bit more than it was. If someone throws out level 15+ pins at me, I'm still not likely going to get very far laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
JDuke705
JDuke705
Posted on 10 September 19 at 06:30
Elyoh said:
Double post, but they've nerfed a whole bunch just now with update 1.2:

Augustus Cole: Health decreased 6%, Damage decreased 8%
Butcher: Damage increased 19%
Clayton Carmine: Health decreased 23%
Damon Baird: Health increased 13%
Dom Santiago: Health decreased 46%
Frag Grenade: Damage increased 14%
Ink Grenade: Power decreased to 3 (from 4), Duration decreased to 8 seconds (from 12), Damage decreased 25%, Damage Interval decreased 1 second (from 1.5), and Area decreased 30%
Locust Drone & Drone Division: Health increased 25%, Damage increased 23%
Longshot Gear: Health decreased 3%
Marcus Fenix: Health decreased 14%, Attack Speed increased to 1.2 seconds
Myrrah: Wretch Level increased to Myrrah’s level +3, Health decreased 13%, Summoning switched to periodically rather than upon entering combat
Nemacysts: Damage decreased 6%
Old Man Marcus: Health decreased 20%, Damage decreased 31%
Seeder: Damage decreased 63%
Sentry: Health decreased 33%, Damage increase 63%, Attack Speed increased to 1.2 seconds (from 0.5)
Shepherds: Health decreased 12%
Shock Grenade: Damage increased 320%, also updated to deal damage over time with a duration of seconds and damage interval of 1 second
Skorge: Health decreased 29%, Damage decreased 26%, Attack Speed decreased to 0.7 seconds (from 1), Skill Damage decreased 45%, Skill Heal decreased 25%
Any build recommendations after this? I was using seeder, OMM, decoy, lancer (solo), gnasher gang, dom, carmine, and ink. I was doing eally good today with this but now just lost 4 straight after the balance. i've been getting eaten alive by grinders.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 10 September 19 at 11:02
I get eaten alive by everything, this update just plain sucks. I've gone from silver rank down to mid bronze, and I'm still being run over. Actually feels MORE P2W now than it did before, as they've leveled the playing field so that strategy has much less affect.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 10 September 19 at 15:29
Elyoh said:
I get eaten alive by everything, this update just plain sucks. I've gone from silver rank down to mid bronze, and I'm still being run over. Actually feels MORE P2W now than it did before, as they've leveled the playing field so that strategy has much less affect.
This sounds awesome!
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
HamsterLV
HamsterLV
Posted on 10 September 19 at 15:30
Markyshizzle said:
Gears POP!MajorThe Major achievement in Gears POP! worth 50 pointsReach Max Player Level 20

To the gentleman that did the math in the solution that got deleted, can you post it back to this forum post?

What are we as a community going to do about it?
What can WE do about it? dance Like, not play this s***!
JDuke705
JDuke705
Posted on 10 September 19 at 15:40
Elyoh said:
Ya I'm in that boat too. My old strategy I can not get a win even with people 2 levels below me but their pins still dominate me. Getting stomped left and right. I know a draw is better cog wise but pisses me off getting draw after draw. Wasted 15 minutes to get nothing for it.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 10 September 19 at 16:19
Yeah I’m screwed too

See my post in the other thread

Dropped 1750 to 1600

Can’t win. No money to upgrade other pins

Fed up
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
qwxx
qwxx
Posted on 21 September 19 at 01:48
Is there some special reward for finishing the season in Gold or just reaching it? I could have sworn you got some phenomenal reward for reaching Gold but could be wrong. Just wondering?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 04:03
From what I know you get a reward depending on what arena you're in at the end of the season. Not reached, but in. Could be wrong there though.
PinchiCain
PinchiCain
Posted on 21 September 19 at 05:45
qwxx said:
Is there some special reward for finishing the season in Gold or just reaching it? I could have sworn you got some phenomenal reward for reaching Gold but could be wrong. Just wondering?
I think this is all they've said about that, so far.
xDaddy Cake
xDaddy Cake
Posted on 23 September 19 at 00:21
this FTP formula for mobile games is no diff from any other the mobiles games out there, they all suck your money if you want to be the best and have the best stuff, most all the other mobile games are like this, the problem is this has xbox live achievements and the TA community want a full completion, but this game is built for ppl who play mobile games and love to spend money on them, that was the goal. the achievement side was prob just added in because its a microsoft studio, but damn sure wasnt built for the xbox community
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 23 September 19 at 03:14
Phil the Bear said:
Yeah I’m screwed too

See my post in the other thread

Dropped 1750 to 1600

Can’t win. No money to upgrade other pins

Fed up
In these games you have to level up in the league that give you the best rewards. Derank.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 23 September 19 at 07:15
PinchiCain said:
qwxx said:
On prior season ends you got the rewards based on what you were currently in.
So when there is only a few days left, if you hit gold, just wait.

For reference, Gold rank got roughly 6.5k coins, 31-32 epics, couple of hundred each on rare and common
bartlannoeye
bartlannoeye
Posted on 23 September 19 at 08:20
Drazer76 said:
PinchiCain said:
qwxx said:
On prior season ends you got the rewards based on what you were currently in.
So when there is only a few days left, if you hit gold, just wait.

For reference, Gold rank got roughly 6.5k coins, 31-32 epics, couple of hundred each on rare and common
I hope they improved it now the game went live, because if you have to wait a week, you'll get more from farming streaks at a lower range.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 23 September 19 at 15:30
As far as how this relates to Seriously Pop.... you don't have to complete all requirements in a single season do you? Because i just hit Gold but I'm not even close to hitting all the other requirements.
brent1221
brent1221
Posted on 23 September 19 at 15:51
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
As far as how this relates to Seriously Pop.... you don't have to complete all requirements in a single season do you? Because i just hit Gold but I'm not even close to hitting all the other requirements.
No you are good. You got the +1 in the bar for it and now you just grind the rest. It would be nice to have Horde waves and Kills under Statistics like Wins, but what do I know?
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 23 September 19 at 16:26
brent1221 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
No you are good. You got the +1 in the bar for it and now you just grind the rest. It would be nice to have Horde waves and Kills under Statistics like Wins, but what do I know?
Thanks for the confirmation. I still need a ton of wins but at least now I don't have to stress over every loss.
PinchiCain
PinchiCain
Posted on 23 September 19 at 21:38
I'm mostly a console player, I don't care much for mobile games, and I thought I was immune to them. But I was wrong, this game got its hooks on me and hasn't let go. All they had to do is make (or copy) and addictive game, add a Gears paint, some achievements and voila. I even spent some money early on (Welcome Bundle, one of the Arena Bundles and some of the cheaper crystals). But what can I say, I love this game, even if I heavily dislike some aspects of it.

I hit gold league recently and it was fine for a couple of days: win some, lose some, draw a lot. But one night I played several matches with people way higher level than me. That put me firmly into Silver again. Yesterday I played a little bit and managed to get to gold again. Now I have to ponder if I keep playing to get daily chests (win streak is mostly out of the question for me in Silver/Gold league) and risk not being in Gold by season end or leave it be for a week hoping the reward is better than what Drazer76 mentioned. The pins are not bad, but 6.5K coins doesn't seem particularly enticing. Or perhaps I shouldn't play late at night.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.