Game Discussion: Gears POP!

Gears POP! $15000 to complete all achievements? What are we going to do about it?

  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning1,209,989
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 01:54Permalink
    Y'all are not going to hit gold this early in the season without some serious perseverance. It's much easier later in the season when most of the higher guys are further up past gold. But again you may be unlucky and run into the deranking bunch. It was the same way last season.
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • Posted on 15 October 19 at 10:46Permalink
    Played 3 games today

    Level 10 - win - up to 2700

    Level 12 - same guy even though I played 10 minutes apart to try to not have this happen. Lost both. Second one super frustrating, winning until last few seconds, lost in overtime.

    Back to 2649

    Maybe I should just stop playing for a few days and there will be more level 10’s around 2650-2700?
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
  • AceAce311,355
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 18:49Permalink
    Phil the Bear said:
    Squad

    Drone 11
    Drone division 7
    Snub 11
    Shepherds 10
    Cole 7
    Kait 3
    Reyna 3
    Frag 11

    E hole 3

    Tactics are get drones and e hole to distract turret and sneak Kait in

    Reyna and shepherds for defense

    But with all due respect to comments about levels being all relative I am fed up that I am player level 10 with no units above 11 and everyone I play has higher

    Explain to me how to beat drone division 9? Other than waiting for them to come to my turrets and then dropping my stuff it’s impossible.
    Drop Snub and Shepards, they aren't helping you, hurting you massively in fact. Get Del Walker. He will kill DD in 1 attack, just make sure you only use him so his attack ricochets the max number of times. He also is great vs ehole or any large number of enemies. Use Lancer Gear over Snubs for capping, yeah he is slower but he is half the cost for what is a throwaway pin anyways.

    I prefer shock grenade for its low cost over frag grenade but that is more personal preference. Wretches are also strong but I can understand wanting Cole instead.
  • Posted on 15 October 19 at 18:50Permalink
    Phil, im rooting for you buddy, still the only reason i check these posts to see your progress... does this make me a fan? Haha
  • MMMDIMMMDI754,293
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:03Permalink
    Ace#4617 said:
    Get Del Walker. He will kill DD in 1 attack, just make sure you only use him so his attack ricochets the max number of times. He also is great vs ehole or any large number of enemies.
    Am I the only one who can't use Del? It seems like if he attacks 3-4+ enemies, it crashes my game. It happens on both Android and PC.
  • AceAce311,355
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:18Permalink
    MMMDI said:
    Ace#4617 said:
    Get Del Walker. He will kill DD in 1 attack, just make sure you only use him so his attack ricochets the max number of times. He also is great vs ehole or any large number of enemies.
    Am I the only one who can't use Del? It seems like if he attacks 3-4+ enemies, it crashes my game. It happens on both Android and PC.
    I don't have the issue on Andriod, however this is an issue on PC, made a post awhile ago about it. If you are having that issue on Andriod that does suck, make sure you contact their support team to draw more attention to it.
  • Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:19Permalink
    I get the premise of changing up my units but at the moment I have 7k in coins and switching to a level 1 Del who I could probably upgrade to 3 maybe isn’t really feasible is it?

    This is my problem with the game. I’d love to try lots of strategies but it’s all behind a paywall.

    And I still don’t accept that switching to Del will mean that I will suddenly beat people with units that are 3 above mine. Surely the level 10-12 drone divisions I’m against will still rinse a level 3 Del?
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
  • AceAce311,355
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:24Permalink
    Phil the Bear said:
    I get the premise of changing up my units but at the moment I have 7k in coins and switching to a level 1 Del who I could probably upgrade to 3 maybe isn’t really feasible is it?

    This is my problem with the game. I’d love to try lots of strategies but it’s all behind a paywall.

    And I still don’t accept that switching to Del will mean that I will suddenly beat people with units that are 3 above mine. Surely the level 10-12 drone divisions I’m against will still rinse a level 3 Del?
    Level 3 del might struggle against 10-12, not sure if he could get 2 attacks off, if he could then he should kill them easily. As an alternative you could use Hammer of Dawn. Its not as good and costs 1 more power but it does kill them as long as you take a second to aim it properly.

    Either way though, snub and shepards are hurting you. I don't remember the last time shepards did damage to my units and snub can cap covers that are left undefended but as I said, so can gear lancer and its cheaper.

    Keep in mind the goal of the game is to get a power advantage that then allows you to spawn something that can damage/kill a tower so even if you are only gaining 1 power on a spawn its still an advantage.
  • MMMDIMMMDI754,293
    Posted on 15 October 19 at 19:32Permalink
    I originally had the Del problem on Android, but I thought it was my phone acting up... I know, for example, my phone struggles during a butcher thumper when there's dozens of pins on the field. So I figured I would only use him on PC, and same thing. Didn't have the problem until I upgraded him to 5-6, not sure if that matters.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER818,950
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 12:38Permalink
    I'm not sure I can stomach a grind like this. I did Lies of Astaroth and that took me almost a year to finish.
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 15:22Permalink
    I’ve just deleted the game

    I need a break from it. It’s properly impacting my life so I need to take it off my phone for at least a couple days
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
  • IL TomminoIL Tommino132,625
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 16:42Permalink
    Phil the Bear said:
    I’ve just deleted the game

    I need a break from it. It’s properly impacting my life so I need to take it off my phone for at least a couple days
    Noooo!
    Sorry.....you re so close to the gold....if you buy 2 gold chest ( not 1 big because maybe nothing useful inside)so reach the gold.....put in 20 $ is a big lose for you??
  • AceAce311,355
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 17:16Permalink
    IL Tommino said:
    Phil the Bear said:
    I’ve just deleted the game

    I need a break from it. It’s properly impacting my life so I need to take it off my phone for at least a couple days
    Noooo!
    Sorry.....you re so close to the gold....if you buy 2 gold chest ( not 1 big because maybe nothing useful inside)so reach the gold.....put in 20 $ is a big lose for you??
    The chests aren't worth it just so you know. If you buy silver coins and then spend the coins to buy troops from the shop you're getting more than double your value on your crystals.

    Sorry to hear Phil, if/when you come back feel free to hit me up and I'll do what I can to help with strategy smile
  • Posted on 16 October 19 at 19:50Permalink
    Phil the Bear said:
    I’ve just deleted the game

    I need a break from it. It’s properly impacting my life so I need to take it off my phone for at least a couple days
    Power move, take control of your brain and life! toast

    As I read somewhere once long ago, "Control your mind or it will control you".
  • Lambent LailLambent Lail406,297
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 21:42Permalink
    While I hate to hear the news that Phil the Bear has quit, I’m hoping now this thread will die. The title no longer reflects the discussion as well as having been totally debunked by BLOWFISH and Ace through forum discussions and achievement guides. Also, having it constantly listed as the top thread can be a deterrent for future players.

    That said, I realize just by posting this that I’m contributing to the problem, so how about we make this post the last one, eh? wave
    Resident Evil junkie
  • IL TomminoIL Tommino132,625
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 22:19Permalink
    Hi Lambert, for returning on topic, can you kindly tell us how many dollars serve for reaching all the achievement, I saw you re very close to the 1000g.
    Thanks for the help.
  • MMMDIMMMDI754,293
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 22:23Permalink
    I think it's really hard to put a dollar amount on the completion, because your play time will heavily impact that. If you want to play a grand total of five hours and then pay for the rest, you're looking at six grand or whatever blowfish came up with. If you want to sink 200 hours into it and then pay for the rest, it'll be significantly less.
  • SavenalSavenal693,665
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 19:38Permalink
    Phil, are you back? Get with you twice and lose both.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Posted on 23 October 19 at 19:55Permalink
    Savenal said:
    Phil, are you back? Get with you twice and lose both.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Hey Savenal. Sorry about that. I posted a new thread on the subject. But yes, I took time off and came back
    https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 18:48, Edited on 08 November 19 at 18:48 by Rascalov USAPermalink
    I wanted to let people know that it's possible to buy crystals for significantly less money by changing your store region on Windows 10 to Turkey. For comparison's sake, the £20.00 crystal pack works out at around £8 if you buy Turkish gift cards. I've been doing this for a long time with other games as Turkey is nearly always the cheapest region. Doing this can reduce the amount of money you need to spend to get to Major and maxing a pin by more than 50%. You still have to spend a substantial amount but it will be significantly less than $15,000 (or whatever your local currency is).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.