The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: August 29th, 2019

• SeitzzSeitzz1,044,531
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 12:44
    Think I'm going to get Far Cry Classic and add it to the list of 360a games I'm yet to play. Nice that it's bc.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper991,674
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 12:45
    Quantium G said:
    PoP any good?
    I enjoyed both. Prince of Persia is more unique/polished, but also easier. Forgotten Sands is closer to the Sands of Time trilogy but it's somewhat bland.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,038,458
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 12:47
    If you haven't played Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, you're missing out. Still one of my favorite end sequences in a game.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1287,321
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 12:52
    EvilBilboXBL said:
    Another week with AC3 on sale, another week without AC3 DLC. Ugh.
    It's been on sale a bunch in the past 12 months.
  • Posted on 29 August 19 at 13:40, Edited on 29 August 19 at 13:41 by SpudimusPrime89
    J4CKA1 said:
    EvilBilboXBL said:
    It's actually on sale in the US for $9.89.
    https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-I...

There are DLCs on sale for 360, I don't know why TA didn't pick up on them. Major Nelson's site has the full list.
    https://majornelson.com/2019/08/26/this-weeks-deals-with-gol...
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1287,321
  • Posted on 29 August 19 at 15:17
    I'm tempted to pick up GRAW so I can finish it off, but that multiplayer grind stops me every time.
  • vegansoundvegansound965,604
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 15:35
    How is it possible those old same selections of games are still on sales?! Since it's been almost every week they're proposed. Is there still people who don't have these titles? I'm sure I can tell at least 20 old Arcade/retail games than have never been reduced. What a shame...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 August 19 at 16:42
    It’s weird how GRAW 2 is cheaper than GRAW 1.
    I just wanted to play video games.
  • Posted on 29 August 19 at 16:50
    Legendgenesis said:
    I'm tempted to pick up GRAW so I can finish it off, but that multiplayer grind stops me every time.
    Yeah me too been thinking about it.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,562,484
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 16:54
    RadiantViper said:
    Quantium G said:
    PoP any good?
    I enjoyed both. Prince of Persia is more unique/polished, but also easier. Forgotten Sands is closer to the Sands of Time trilogy but it's somewhat bland.
    +1. Neither are particularly memorable but they're worth playing.
  • Tatl360Tatl360374,952
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 17:26
    I always think about starting this FarCry series with this Classic but peolpe say so many bad things about it... roll
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 17:46, Edited on 29 August 19 at 17:49 by atryeu1
    Hmm, can somebody help me out here? I looked on Xbox 360 last night and I see the actual weekly game list on sale in the Deals with Gold, but these other games are not showing an icon anywhere on the Xbox. I'm pretty sure I want to finally grab the AC3 Season Pass (that has the 3 story add-ons, right? It'd be cheaper buying that way than buying them each on their own LoL). I can't find AC3 in the Search though from the Xbox :( Typing in "Assassins Creed 3" or "Assassins Creed iii" only keeps giving me 1 or 2 of the DLCs and what appears to be a site theme. How do I type it in to get the actual game so I can find the Season Pass? LoL

Before anybody says anything, I don't want to buy through the computer. I've tried that before and there is too big of a delay between when I purchase and when the download actually gets sent to the system to download. I'm on a very tiny metered bandwidth internet and need to download at a very certain time to make sure the downloads are not counted against my monthly bandwidth.

Any suggestions how to find the game since there is no sale icon (again) for these extra games? Oh, and just browsing through the Games and looking under "A" doesn't work. I've had errors trying to do that for months now -_-

Tatl360 said:
    I always think about starting this FarCry series with this Classic but peolpe say so many bad things about it... roll
    I bought Classic almost 2 years ago and hated it :( I never even finished the story which still bothers me as I always at least try and finish the story on every game I start :( I didn't like 2 either but at least that was free. I'd started the series with 3 a long time ago and like 3 and 4 so much better.
  • Tatl360Tatl360374,952
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 18:04
    atryeu1 said:
    Hmm, can somebody help me out here? I looked on Xbox 360 last night and I see the actual weekly game list on sale in the Deals with Gold, but these other games are not showing an icon anywhere on the Xbox. I'm pretty sure I want to finally grab the AC3 Season Pass (that has the 3 story add-ons, right? It'd be cheaper buying that way than buying them each on their own LoL). I can't find AC3 in the Search though from the Xbox :( Typing in "Assassins Creed 3" or "Assassins Creed iii" only keeps giving me 1 or 2 of the DLCs and what appears to be a site theme. How do I type it in to get the actual game so I can find the Season Pass? LoL

Before anybody says anything, I don't want to buy through the computer. I've tried that before and there is too big of a delay between when I purchase and when the download actually gets sent to the system to download. I'm on a very tiny metered bandwidth internet and need to download at a very certain time to make sure the downloads are not counted against my monthly bandwidth.

Any suggestions how to find the game since there is no sale icon (again) for these extra games? Oh, and just browsing through the Games and looking under "A" doesn't work. I've had errors trying to do that for months now -_-
    Yes the publisher sales are not displaying for a while on the 360.

I prefer to use genre to browse the games. I don't like letter or popular and never saw any error in the genre block.
    Store bag block > On Demand tab > Genre

Or try typing just creed on the search and try to find the main page of the game, then Extras tab inside.

Do you have mobile in your area? You can connect the Xbox 360 to your phone a little while if your connection is too slow. 3G speed is enough.
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 18:16
    Tatl360 said:
    atryeu1 said:

Yes the publisher sales are not displaying for a while on the 360.

I prefer to use genre to browse the games. I don't like letter or popular and never saw any error in the genre block.
    Store bag block > On Demand tab > Genre

Or try typing just creed on the search and try to find the main page of the game, then Extras tab inside.

Do you have mobile in your area? You can connect the Xbox 360 to your phone a little while if your connection is too slow. 3G speed is enough.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try this in a bit and see if I can at least find the game. I just can't download anything until after midnight.

My internet speed is actually okay, I just have a 10gb/month bandwidth limit. I'm on satellite internet, it's all that's available in my area :( Haha and I'm so far in the country there is no cell phone signals out here. Not really any signal until your on the edge of town almost 20 miles away LoL
  • Tatl360Tatl360374,952
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 18:45
    Oh ok. No phone then. compute
    If I'm not mistaken any DLC you manage to find also contains a block to go to the main game page. Or is it the Gold game of the month who contains such block? Not sure, but check the four blocks on the left insde the DLC page.

Well I may skip Far Cry. Several friends play the new releases. I'm not happy in playing the new releases if I can do 100% in the previous ones before them. And Far Cry seems to be a good series because there are no discontinued achievements.
    It's important to support series like these, but I have so many games to play already... cry
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 19:00
    Tatl360 said:
    Oh ok. No phone then. compute
    If I'm not mistaken any DLC you manage to find also contains a block to go to the main game page. Or is it the Gold game of the month who contains such block? Not sure, but check the four blocks on the left insde the DLC page.

Well I may skip Far Cry. Several friends play the new releases. I'm not happy in playing the new releases if I can do 100% in the previous ones before them. And Far Cry seems to be a good series because there are no discontinued achievements.
    It's important to support series like these, but I have so many games to play already... cry
    Nope, no cell phones LoL

I was just going to edit my last post to say I found it :) It was #87 in the Action/Adventure genre. After going through all the trouble naturally I figured a much easier way though -_- After the Season Pass is purchased the content has to be downloaded from the main menu of the game, doesn't it? I'd have to put the disc in, where I could just hit X like I would to install the game and there's the game page where I could have easily found the Season Pass and such -_- Thanks either way though, I appreciate the help :D I'll download it all either tonight or tomorrow during my unmetered bandwidth time :)

I have so many games to do also, and one more coming today and now this DLC I guess! If you have a chance to play the later ones go for it :D I had a lot of fun on 3 and 4 and Blood Dragon was a lot of fun I thought also :) Classic was just eh though. For me a lot of it was that the story was just so weird and didn't make a lot of sense. The attempt at stealth was horrible too though and that's what I liked about the later games. If I'd played Classic first I might feel different about it.. maybe. The 2nd game was free awhile back and I did finish the story but I was slow about it. The map was way too big with nothing to do but drive back and forth across it for missions.. enemies respawn at checkpoints in literally 1-2 minutes of leaving the area and there was one other thing going on that I won't spoil that drove me crazy and I didn't like. Once I finished the story finally I didn't touch that one again and deleted it from the hard drive LoL I'll stick with 3, 4 and Blood Dragon :D
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl198,614
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 19:12
    Heads up that the Windows Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow isn't available digitally, because it doesn't play nice with modern graphics cards.

Seems unlikely that we'll ever get Splinter Cell remasters on Xbox, so I'm gonna pick up PT, Chaos Theory, and the original Xbox version of Double Agent. I already have the first game and 360 Double Agent (which is a completely different game) on disc.
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 19:36
    I should replay the Splinter Cell games again. I have all the old ones on GameCube and then Double Agent for 360 along with the other 2 360 games. I always loved that series.. earlier games at least. Those last 2 didn't feel like a normal SC game the way they changed the gameplay. The stealth was so much more fun in all the other ones :D
  • EvilBilboXBLEvilBilboXBL600,221
    Posted on 29 August 19 at 19:40
    J4CKA1 said:
    EvilBilboXBL said:
    Errgh, I'm thinking Revelations. Still waiting for those two multiplayer DLCs to go on sale.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.