Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games With Gold Announced For September

AuthorMessage
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 31 August 19 at 00:34
JuIIIian said:
The people that do have money and buy these games may be irritated because they may have already bought it and now it's free with Gold or it's the same game twice or three times or it's an Xbox original with no achievements, or it has a bunch unobtainable Achievements or it's something that's already on Game Pass and they feel it's a waste of a choice or the game is damn near broken.
I like how you’ve listed every single complaint that anyone’s ever made about GwG. Goes to show how tiresome and repetitive these complaints can be. I wonder if anyone feels left out and would like to add to the list, perhaps? Bring something new to the table if you can lol.
You child of a twon-ha!
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 31 August 19 at 00:40, Edited on 31 August 19 at 00:51 by SheBeatsYou
Emiinah said:
JuIIIian said:
The people that do have money and buy these games may be irritated because they may have already bought it and now it's free with Gold or it's the same game twice or three times or it's an Xbox original with no achievements, or it has a bunch unobtainable Achievements or it's something that's already on Game Pass and they feel it's a waste of a choice or the game is damn near broken.
I like how you’ve listed every single complaint that anyone’s ever made about GwG. Goes to show how tiresome and repetitive these complaints can be. I wonder if anyone feels left out and would like to add to the list, perhaps? Bring something new to the table if you can lol.
Forgot that it's not all AAA games or some only have 200 GS hehe. not a bad list though laugh

I sympathize with the unobtainable thou. Any game with even one unobtainable should be delisted until it's fixed.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 31 August 19 at 01:06
dipsy de 1e said:
Microsoft should just cancel games with gold and give xbox live gold a permanent 50% discount
Stfu
GsO Light
144,065 144,065 GamerScore
GsO Light
Posted on 31 August 19 at 01:55
Why are people complaining about Tekken? It was never games with gold, free before? Yes.. but not games with gold, so plenty of people missed it
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 31 August 19 at 02:25
People's negative comments on here....

Pretty sure SovietWomble and Cyanide did a playthrough video of We Were Here.

Massive spoilers in it obviously but it convinced me that it would be good fun with the right people.
The Globalizer
Posted on 31 August 19 at 03:16
a Fi1thy Casual said:
ukinspro said:
The Globalizer said:
LordSuprachris said:
SonOfStayPuft82 said:
“But i’m paying £50 a year for Gold, so the Games should be better.” No, you’re paying for Gold, Games with Gold are an added bonus.
The words of truth and wisdom :)
They are literally selling these games as part of the value of Gold. Stop living 5 years in the past and realize that for some people, this *is* what they're buying with Gold.
Finally someone who understands people don't just buy gold for mp
The price of Gold has not changed for me since 2010. No increase for me in 9 years.

And what have they done? Increased what they offer. Never was I told that due to GwG, my per month price would increase.

Before I dropped my cable company, I had to fight them every damn month when I got my bill. My contracted rate would randomly be gone, and I was told to pay more for the service despite the company not giving me anything but what I was getting before.

People can complain about what is being offered any given month - that is their right. And if it angers you so much you cancel your subscription, that too is your right. No one says you need Live for anything except MP gameplay. So please, everyone, stop acting like you are due the absolute best Triple A games because you are paying for a Live subscription - no where in any of the fine print does it say anything of that nature.
Thoughts and prayers for your utterly ordinary cable experience, which isn't Xbox Live Gold, offered by Microsoft, or in any way relevant to the question, "Should free games included with Gold not suck?"
Aura Battler
Aura Battler
Posted on 31 August 19 at 04:06, Edited on 31 August 19 at 04:06 by Aura Battler
Wow, not bad at this month! Hitman: The Complete First Season, nice! smile
eLiTeMC251
eLiTeMC251
Posted on 31 August 19 at 04:13
I stopped by just to read the complaints wave
If you are reading this than you must be interested in what it has to say. Sorry to dissappint you.
shadowrose96
shadowrose96
Posted on 31 August 19 at 05:20
So many complaints laugh I'm not all that enthused with the game choices either, but hell it's four fewer games I have to actually pay for to try out so I'm good.
Besides most of these are not things I'd pick up for myself
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 31 August 19 at 05:30
Another month, another bitchfest about whether GWG is free or not. Do y’all seriously not get tired of having this argument literally every single month?
neosalad
neosalad
Posted on 31 August 19 at 07:38
Awesome month. I never had time to start hitman when it was on gamepass. And the EDF game I've wanted for ages but was hard to find pre owned, plus s usually £8+. Just a shame tekken tag 2 had what Been given away but a lot of ppl prob missed it..
Dunno why ppl are so whingy on here though.. Gr8 month imo
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 31 August 19 at 08:52
SheBeatsYou said:
Any game with even one unobtainable should be delisted until it's fixed.
If all you care about is achievements, then just don't play games with unobtainables. The 99.999% of the rest of us would very much prefer great games not to be delisted because of an unobtainable achievement or two, thank you.
ianff
ianff
Posted on 31 August 19 at 09:18
Hopefully all these EDF GWGs are leading up to an announcement that the newer EDFs are finally coming to Xbox where they belong! And for free to continue the trend!
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 31 August 19 at 09:59
ianff said:
Hopefully all these EDF GWGs are leading up to an announcement that the newer EDFs are finally coming to Xbox where they belong! And for free to continue the trend!
That would be awesome! toast
Matthew
xG I GeNoCiDeZ
Posted on 31 August 19 at 12:01
Worth it for Hitman alone
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 31 August 19 at 14:15
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
Any game with even one unobtainable should be delisted until it's fixed.
If all you care about is achievements, then just don't play games with unobtainables. The 99.999% of the rest of us would very much prefer great games not to be delisted because of an unobtainable achievement or two, thank you.
LMAO @ how many times I see the "if all you care about is achievements" comments on a site dedicated to achievement hunters laugh

Delisting would force the Devs to FIX it. Try to play Toy Soldiers War Chest and tell me if not being able to get past the start screen if Fking acceptable to you? Same thing with achievements unbelievable how anyone could defend something broken staying broken. GTFO lol facepalm
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 31 August 19 at 14:17
The Globalizer said:
Thoughts and prayers for your utterly ordinary cable experience, which isn't Xbox Live Gold, offered by Microsoft, or in any way relevant to the question, "Should free games included with Gold not suck?"
The status of "suck" for the games being offered is completely subjective. To you they may "suck", but there are plenty of people in this thread alone that do not hold that opinion.

Once again, no where did the GwG program say that they would offer 4 free games that Globalizer specifically would be totally, 100% happy with, yet that is what you seem to expect.
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 31 August 19 at 15:44
Tekken Tag 2 is worth it all day long if you dont already own it
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 31 August 19 at 16:18
PSA: Gold used to be JUST Gold. You didn't get games with it. Micro isn't required to give you games.
If you want new AAA games, go buy them.

OT: Might finish Hitman now, got to mission 3 and ran out of time to complete them all.
youtube.com/glddgaming - mixer.com/leo_ascendent
The Globalizer
Posted on 01 September 19 at 02:46
a Fi1thy Casual said:
The Globalizer said:
The status of "suck" for the games being offered is completely subjective. To you they may "suck", but there are plenty of people in this thread alone that do not hold that opinion.

Once again, no where did the GwG program say that they would offer 4 free games that Globalizer specifically would be totally, 100% happy with, yet that is what you seem to expect.
If you want to look like a fool, keep putting words in my mouth. I'm fine with this month. But Microsoft is not above reproach, others are welcome to feel this is SUBJECTIVELY a shit deal for them, and I'm frankly beyond bored with people spouting the "THESE GAMES ARE FREE AND YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE WHAT YOU GET AND BE HAPPY ARGLE BLARGLE" idiocy, as if personal value judgments about something they've bought are somehow unwelcome.

But, whatever, wank on, I guess.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.