Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games With Gold Announced For September

AuthorMessage
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 01 September 19 at 03:38
The Globalizer said:
a Fi1thy Casual said:
The Globalizer said:
Thoughts and prayers for your utterly ordinary cable experience, which isn't Xbox Live Gold, offered by Microsoft, or in any way relevant to the question, "Should free games included with Gold not suck?"
The status of "suck" for the games being offered is completely subjective. To you they may "suck", but there are plenty of people in this thread alone that do not hold that opinion.

Once again, no where did the GwG program say that they would offer 4 free games that Globalizer specifically would be totally, 100% happy with, yet that is what you seem to expect.
If you want to look like a fool, keep putting words in my mouth. I'm fine with this month. But Microsoft is not above reproach, others are welcome to feel this is SUBJECTIVELY a shit deal for them, and I'm frankly beyond bored with people spouting the "THESE GAMES ARE FREE AND YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE WHAT YOU GET AND BE HAPPY ARGLE BLARGLE" idiocy, as if personal value judgments about something they've bought are somehow unwelcome.

But, whatever, wank on, I guess.
They are free to say "these aren't for me". Problem is they say "these aren't for free, Microsoft should end the program" or "these games suck, Microsoft is screwing us over". The program is very popular, of course youll get pushback on comments like that.
MannedPython070
Posted on 01 September 19 at 06:26
Is all the dlc out for Hitman or are they still making some?
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 01 September 19 at 07:59, Edited on 01 September 19 at 08:00 by Zalexzy
MannedPython070 said:
I wonder if serious... But anyways, they have moved ages ago for Hitman 2, so no more dlc is coming for this.
Any problem solved is a new problem made.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 01 September 19 at 09:29, Edited on 01 September 19 at 09:30 by SilentJay76
SheBeatsYou said:
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
Any game with even one unobtainable should be delisted until it's fixed.
If all you care about is achievements, then just don't play games with unobtainables. The 99.999% of the rest of us would very much prefer great games not to be delisted because of an unobtainable achievement or two, thank you.
LMAO @ how many times I see the "if all you care about is achievements" comments on a site dedicated to achievement hunters laugh

Delisting would force the Devs to FIX it. Try to play Toy Soldiers War Chest and tell me if not being able to get past the start screen if Fking acceptable to you? Same thing with achievements unbelievable how anyone could defend something broken staying broken. GTFO lol facepalm
I'm sorry if a broken achievement ruined that perfect 39% completion percentage of yours. But it's hardly the end of the world, and has nothing to do with a completely broken game.

Also, surprisingly, I know which site I'm on. Not everyone is completely anal about achievement completions, you know. Doesn't mean I can't use a site to help me unlock whatever I can and/or want. roll
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 01 September 19 at 09:56
Shocked that Tekken currently stands at 2303TA score, it's a very easy completion even if you're not much good at fighting games.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 01 September 19 at 11:19
Qwanimal said:
x Mataeus x said:
Hitman has always been an awesome series, and HITMAN is one of the best without a doubt. Stunning game, and so replayable.

Plus you can import your owned HITMAN levels into HITMAN 2 and earn those lovely cheevs all over again!
Wait, if you've already completed them in HITMAN you can import your progress into HITMAN 2 and earn all the achievements without having to replay the missions?
Nooooo, earn them all over again.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 01 September 19 at 11:22
SheBeatsYou said:
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
If all you care about is achievements, then just don't play games with unobtainables. The 99.999% of the rest of us would very much prefer great games not to be delisted because of an unobtainable achievement or two, thank you.
LMAO @ how many times I see the "if all you care about is achievements" comments on a site dedicated to achievement hunters laugh

Delisting would force the Devs to FIX it. Try to play Toy Soldiers War Chest and tell me if not being able to get past the start screen if Fking acceptable to you? Same thing with achievements unbelievable how anyone could defend something broken staying broken. GTFO lol facepalm
Delisting would "force the devs to fix it"? Where does this logic come from?
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
sjeemone
sjeemone
Posted on 01 September 19 at 11:34
About Hitman... So Hitman Lagecy is free DLC in Hitman 2 wich is a different game but the Legacy DLC is the same as Hitman (but improved graphics)?
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 01 September 19 at 13:11, Edited on 01 September 19 at 13:13 by SheBeatsYou
x Mataeus x said:
SheBeatsYou said:
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:

Delisting would "force the devs to fix it"? Where does this logic come from?
Are u serious? If M$ forced the game off the storefront it would get fixed asap because the creators obviously want money.... didn't know logic was nessesary for something that was such common sense.

I would even be as harsh to say if it's not fixed by a certain date the game would be refunded to everyone that purchased. If they did this from the start we wouldnt have games like Arcania that still have an unobtainable.

It comes to pride M$ created achievements they should have a quality standard.
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 01 September 19 at 13:19
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:

I'm sorry if a broken achievement ruined that perfect 39% completion percentage of yours. But it's hardly the end of the world, and has nothing to do with a completely broken game.

Also, surprisingly, I know which site I'm on. Not everyone is completely anal about achievement completions, you know. Doesn't mean I can't use a site to help me unlock whatever I can and/or want. roll
The % police already had their way with me and moved on. Get something more original....

Never said u shouldn't enjoy or play how u want.....your making a pattern out of dissmissing my ideas to patch up Xbox based on my % which seems to me that your the only one obsessing here.

I just don't like broken things
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 01 September 19 at 14:37
SheBeatsYou said:
Then gaming really isn't the right hobby for you. There always have been and always will be "broken" things.
Whos Jent
Whos Jent
Posted on 02 September 19 at 02:22
Oh Agent 47 :)
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 02 September 19 at 05:58
Sir Paulygon said:
The only one that's piqued my interest is We Were Home. Any links I could check out to see what it's all about?

I looked up something briefly yesterday and gave me the episodic vibe. Hopefully what we're being offered is the complete game and not just part of it.
It's not episodic. It's a co-op game that was released on Steam quite a while ago:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/582500/We_Were_Here/
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
AntaraelDulacre
Posted on 02 September 19 at 18:25
EDF 2025 isn't showing in My ready to install list for some reason but it's BC?
Hercules SR117
Posted on 02 September 19 at 19:47
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, if not, I'm a little surprised....but:
If you own HITMAN 2 you can download the Legacy Content for that game with your copy of HITMAN. Just make sure you have the HITMAN 2 Starter Pack DLC (FREE) installed and install HITMAN. As soon as it's ready, load it up and then follow the in-game store instructions to download the Legacy Content for HITMAN 2.

For anyone who doesn't know the Legacy Content is all of the original maps from HITMAN remastered for HITMAN 2 including all the new weapons and game mechanics from HITMAN 2. You can then delete HITMAN and have everything in one place through HITMAN 2.

If you don't have HITMAN 2 - BUY IT !! It's awesome!!
Hercules SR117
Posted on 02 September 19 at 19:54
sjeemone said:
About Hitman... So Hitman Lagecy is free DLC in Hitman 2 wich is a different game but the Legacy DLC is the same as Hitman (but improved graphics)?
The Hitman Legacy Content is ONLY free if you own HITMAN and HITMAN 2.
The Legacy Content is all of the original maps from HITMAN remastered, and the improvements in HITMAN 2, such as game mechanics, weapons, enemy AI and even certain new features such as mirrors that can actually be used by enemies to detect you, are all included in the old maps. So they will look better and feel different to play.

But the best thing is that all your HITMAN content exists in one place, so you can keep playing escalations and Elusive targets for the older maps, which IOI continue to support.
Hercules SR117
Posted on 02 September 19 at 19:59
Zalexzy said:
MannedPython070 said:
I wonder if serious... But anyways, they have moved ages ago for Hitman 2, so no more dlc is coming for this.
They still support the older maps through the Legacy Content on Hitman 2.
So if, by DLC, you mean the elusive targets and escalation missions, then YES it is still being supported, except it's all under the HITMAN 2 umbrella now, so you need to own HITMAN 2.
If, by DLC, you mean additional maps, which they haven't made in years, then NO it is no longer being supported in that way.
I assume you mean the first option, even though that is not technically DLC.
Hope this helps.
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 02 September 19 at 20:45, Edited on 02 September 19 at 20:46 by Zalexzy
Hercules SR117 said:
Zalexzy said:
MannedPython070 said:
They still support the older maps through the Legacy Content on Hitman 2.
So if, by DLC, you mean the elusive targets and escalation missions, then YES it is still being supported, except it's all under the HITMAN 2 umbrella now, so you need to own HITMAN 2.
If, by DLC, you mean additional maps, which they haven't made in years, then NO it is no longer being supported in that way.
I assume you mean the first option, even though that is not technically DLC.
Hope this helps.
laugh
Any problem solved is a new problem made.
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 02 September 19 at 22:00, Edited on 02 September 19 at 22:04 by SheBeatsYou
SilentJay76 said:
SheBeatsYou said:
Then gaming really isn't the right hobby for you. There always have been and always will be "broken" things.
Lmao kid go home one day when you grow up you'll be able understand that wasting time stating the obvious to people is such a turnoff. Now quit buzzing around me since you have nothing interesting to say... roll
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 03 September 19 at 11:49
Calling other people "kid" while resorting to childish insults is so very mature of you.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.