Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Prepare For Terror With The Blair Witch Launch Trailer

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:00
We're increasingly terrified for Bullet in those woods.

Please click here to read the story: Prepare For Terror With The Blair Witch Launch Trailer
Mike Langlois
Mike Langlois
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:11
Still not up on gamepass for me, anyone able to download it yet?
www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
Killer Welshman
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:18
Mike Langlois said:
5pm (UK Time) its released according to the MS Store online
[URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Killer+Welshman][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Killer+Welshman.png[/IMG][/URL]
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:19, Edited on 30 August 19 at 13:21 by Yummy Baklava
Mike Langlois said:
"Available on August 31, 2019, 2:00 AM"

For what it's worth, the time and date is the same for AU, GB and US. Going by that, New Zealand should be able to play the game in 40-odd minutes whereas GB will have to wait almost 12 hours.

edit.
Or maybe I am wrong going by what Killer Welshman has said. :/
Mike Langlois
Mike Langlois
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:22
Killer Welshman said:
Mike Langlois said:
5pm (UK Time) its released according to the MS Store online
Oh cool, thanks very much!
www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 30 August 19 at 13:55
You can pre-install on PC, but not Xbox.

It's going to be a long night.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:16
I went to download it at midnight and it is at 17:00 BST (UK time).

In other news, reviews so far have been good. Two 9/10's and a 7/10. I'm not a massive rush because I'm playing Control and loving it, but I'll be playing it once some guides are up for sure.
https://twitter.com/metacritic/status/1167438348513767424
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:18
This should be a game that TA streams.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:37
Looking forward to it, I wasn't really interested until I read the TA review yesterday, i'm going in blind like I always do.
Killer Welshman
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:42
Yes would love to see a Stream on this too. But probably going to play tonight too
[URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Killer+Welshman][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Killer+Welshman.png[/IMG][/URL]
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:46
Will this be like layers of fear or outlast? If it's a story game, definitely in, but I just don't enjoy survival horror at all.
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 30 August 19 at 14:50
Another hard pass. Doesn't seem interesting to me.
SuperS0nicSam
SuperS0nicSam
Posted on 30 August 19 at 15:45
Another hard day one. Seems very interesting to me.
ChiT0wnRedneck
Posted on 30 August 19 at 15:50
Can’t wait to play this at night then I might have a excuse for not sleeping lol.
L0stInTheWorld
Posted on 30 August 19 at 16:13
Just a heads up in case anyone can't find it on the game pass, search for it in the store and you can install it from there. Just thought I'd mention because it's not showing up in the game pass tab at all for me
Beatskip
Beatskip
Posted on 30 August 19 at 18:15
This game runs like chaffed anus. The motion blur is intolerable and can’t be turned off. The frame rate feels like it hovers around 20fps. I’m playing on an Xbox One X and I’ve gotta say if this is the enhanced performance of the game god help anyone playing on an Xbox One or Xbox One S.

Huge disappointment considering following the dog around and stuff is actually pretty neat.
FleshMechanicCZ
Posted on 30 August 19 at 18:29
Mixed feelings so far. Definitely many performance issues and no matter how I set the aim sensitivity, it always seems off. And in my personal opinion, the game would benefit from not having the dog in it at all. It kinda breaks the immersion when you gotta shuffle around with inventory/command wheels and always make sure he doesn't run off somewhere. I'd much rather enjoy the spooky forest on my own, at my own pace.
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 30 August 19 at 22:05
Beatskip said:
This game runs like chaffed anus.
shock
TheTailsEffect
Posted on 30 August 19 at 22:12
Maaaaaaybe I'll wait for a patch or two laugh
Hide Your Tears
Posted on 31 August 19 at 00:21
Fairly good game, but as mentioned before, has some serious performance issues. Can't really say I'm annoyed by the low FPS or shitty sensitivity, but I had to reload my game twice now, just because I got stuck and couldn't get past a certain point.

Saved it, exited to the main menu, reloaded it and of course it didn't threw me right back at where I left it, that would've been too easy I guess? Had to replay certain scenes (even re-do a fight), and when I finally managed to get back at the point where I previously got stuck, it worked like a charm...

I know it's day 1 (or day 0 if you like), but things like this are always annoying. Good thing I have Game Pass and didn't actually pay 30 bucks for this. As of now, that's not worth it. Maybe with Black Friday when it drops to 10 or 15 bucks, but certainly not 30 in its current state.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.