Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears 5, Borderlands 3, Code Vein: There's Loads to Look Forward to in September

• Posted on 31 August 19 at 17:23Permalink
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    I think anyone not playing BL3 because they have not played the others might risk missing out on a big part of the game, the MP. MP and fighting the bosses was a big attraction in BL2, I never experienced it myself I only got to play BL2 as a SP game because I played it years after launch and the MP was dead.
    Some of the storys my friends told me about their CooP experiences sound legendary and something I plan not to miss out on again, even if it is with randoms as all but 1 friend live with Playstation :P
    Im not playing BL3 because i wont support a scummy company who wont own up to there own leaks and ruining peoples lively hood by intimating them. And wrongfully take down a YouTube user.
    Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
  • Kyk3 StylesKyk3 Styles284,626
    Posted on 31 August 19 at 18:17Permalink
    Incredible voting resultsshock
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan675,592
    Posted on 31 August 19 at 20:06Permalink
    Well, it's pretty obvious. I love Borderlands.
  • LIL SH4DYLIL SH4DY278,380
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 02:04Permalink
    Borderlands 3
    Creature in the Well
    Gears 5
  • Posted on 01 September 19 at 02:38Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    I think anyone not playing BL3 because they have not played the others might risk missing out on a big part of the game, the MP. MP and fighting the bosses was a big attraction in BL2, I never experienced it myself I only got to play BL2 as a SP game because I played it years after launch and the MP was dead.
    Some of the storys my friends told me about their CooP experiences sound legendary and something I plan not to miss out on again, even if it is with randoms as all but 1 friend live with Playstation :P
    Im not playing BL3 because i wont support a scummy company who wont own up to there own leaks and ruining peoples lively hood by intimating them. And wrongfully take down a YouTube user.
    That youtube"r" created a discord channel where he was charging users $5 to join to see the leaks for BL3 that he acquired from watching a private stream of the game that he wasn't supposed to have access to. I wouldn't call anything that happened to him "wrongful." In fact, I would say he was extremely lucky and got off easy.
  • Charlie LimaCharlie Lima316,975
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 11:11Permalink
    Gears on gamepass, buying borderlands....
    Guess that will keep my busy for lang time!
  • JJR0906JJR0906155,295
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 13:25Permalink
    I'll probably wait for reviews until I get Borderlands. Not doubting it'll be a great game, just want to see other people's opinions before I buy it
  • m4xchartm4xchart188,780
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 14:06Permalink
    I own a Switch also and what a month..

Great for gamers !
    Max
  • Posted on 01 September 19 at 14:50Permalink
    JJR0906 said:
    I'll probably wait for reviews until I get Borderlands. Not doubting it'll be a great game, just want to see other people's opinions before I buy it
    What if reviews are overwhelmingly positive, but you buy it and are bored to death after a handful of hours?
  • Posted on 01 September 19 at 18:33Permalink
    MatadorBID said:
    Worst list in awhile.

DOOM Eternal comes out in November.
    Far from the worst but I guess it's subjective.
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,095,490
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 19:10Permalink
    Temple Jones said:
    Anyone who said FIFA or NBA2K with thier actual fing SLOT MACHINES real SLOT MACHINES in the game, and still want those games are supporting and industry built on exploiting children and people with addiction problems. You should be ashamed.
    How about instead of telling people they should be ashamed of their gaming preferences, you separate the art from the artist, and mind the fact that these slot machines are optional to use.
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • HanxHanx792,354
    Posted on 01 September 19 at 20:42Permalink
    Played BL2 on Game Pass, I find it hard to get into tbh. I prefer Gears.
  • PumpkinGalPumpkinGal188,622
    Posted on 02 September 19 at 01:54Permalink
    Voted Borderlands 3 but I'm also really looking forward to greedfall!
  • Whos JentWhos Jent182,484
    Posted on 02 September 19 at 02:11Permalink
    Borderlands 3 and Gears 5! They are head to head for me
  • DomainDomain557,737
    Posted on 02 September 19 at 02:35Permalink
    Gears 5 as we wait for Borderlands 3
  • Posted on 02 September 19 at 02:41Permalink
    Borderlands 3 on xbox and Dragon Quest XI on the switch
  • Posted on 02 September 19 at 02:52, Edited on 02 September 19 at 02:53 by AllAboutThatGSPermalink
    Gears 5 all the way. Not interested in any others other than the Walking dead definitive edition.
  • DarkkibDarkkib257,886
    Posted on 02 September 19 at 07:43Permalink
    The order for me most excited is.
    1:Ordered Greedfall
    2:getting gears on game pass
    3:ordered Torchlight II
    4:Boarderlands 3, Code Vien, Surge 2 will have to look at later date when I can possibly add to my catalog games for later.
  • Posted on 02 September 19 at 08:22Permalink
    Boringlands has to got to be the most overrated series ever. Not that it’s bad as such, but just jam packed with boring fetch quests that add nothing to the story. Then there’s the cringy humour that a 6 year old wouldn’t even find funny 🤦‍♂️
  • Posted on 02 September 19 at 12:47, Edited on 02 September 19 at 12:56 by Stinky Big BudsPermalink
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    Boringlands has to got to be the most overrated series ever. Not that it’s bad as such, but just jam packed with boring fetch quests that add nothing to the story. Then there’s the cringy humour that a 6 year old wouldn’t even find funny 🤦‍♂️
    Theres a major part of the game been missing for the last 10 years or so, the MP, BL2 is so old it gets mistaken for a SP game because the servers are dead/shut down. CooP was a huge part of BL2 at launch and was intended to be played CooP. Maybe that's why you were not to keen?

I might be mistaken but i'm pretty sure the only way to get the best weapons in BL2 was to do the bosses on 4 man teams. This might not be the case with BL3, the audience is far to mainstream for stuff like that anymore, I expect it will be a more casual version.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.