TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

The Banner Saga Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 September 19 at 00:00
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about The Banner Saga, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 01 September 19 at 09:01
I’d be interested to hear people’s opinions on this. It’s been in my ready to install for longer than I can remember.
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 01 September 19 at 12:20
Tried to play it when it was GwG, but really couldn't get into it. Might give it another try if people rave about it this much...
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 01 September 19 at 14:02
Played it last night. It is pretty bad. 80s cartoon crap with ancient computer gameplay

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Add this to the list of horrible TA playlist choices
iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
Posted on 01 September 19 at 14:58
I cant get into this style of game, the "overhead" "turn based" is just so boring to me
Life is to short too worry about tomorrow so GAME TODAY.
Kalujo
Kalujo
Posted on 01 September 19 at 17:37
JamP0und32 said:
I’d be interested to hear people’s opinions on this. It’s been in my ready to install for longer than I can remember.
That's what I'm here for as well. Have to check around the forums or watch a review I guess.
The S bot 9000
Posted on 01 September 19 at 22:29
Same as Dr. Marty, I have it but it's kinda just been in the background of my backlog and i'm not too sure if it'll ever get pushed up my backlog if i'm being honestredface
Taillear Dubh
Taillear Dubh
Posted on 01 September 19 at 23:28
Guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked the game. It's definitely not for you though if you need constant action or fast paced gameplay to stay interested. But I've been playing these type of games since Shining Force in the early 90's... and I think it's one of the better strategy/tactical RPGs I've played.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 02 September 19 at 03:33
Taillear Dubh said:
Guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked the game. It's definitely not for you though if you need constant action or fast paced gameplay to stay interested. But I've been playing these type of games since Shining Force in the early 90's... and I think it's one of the better strategy/tactical RPGs I've played.
You take me back, watching my cousin play Shining Force on his Sega Genesis is what introduced me to RPG’s.
HallowedClock8
Posted on 02 September 19 at 03:35
I love this games, but for some reason this game is on my backlog on my xbox one.
I played a lot heroes of might and magic 3 hd on PC, and others turn based RPG on my Nintendo DS like fire emblem, disgaea, luminous arc, final fantasy tactics for say a few.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 02 September 19 at 10:52
Heh. For the first month in ages I had 3 of the 4 games in the poll, so thought I could finally join in on the fun.

Ofc the community chooses the other one! xD

Have fun all.
Arkzein
Arkzein
Posted on 02 September 19 at 13:29, Edited on 02 September 19 at 22:14 by Arkzein
This will be an acquired taste for many. Great subset of the RPG genre for those who enjoy it, and one of the best examples with story and systems in a long time, but it's not something with a very wide appeal. Personally I thought it was fantastic and I've saving 2 and 3 for when I have time to really sit down and enjoy them (with my prepped high renown play through ready to go)

It's like an updated Shining Force so it has me in my sweet spot of preferred genre and that nostalgic feel.

Per the above: Disgaea, FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, X-com, Vandal Hearts, Shining Force - if none of them get your blood pumping then this will be a pass.
Kaz Adama
Kaz Adama
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:19
The characters and story were good and kept me interested. The battles are fine, not too tough once I figured out a plan.

What really made me happy were the Oregon-Trail-esque random events. During a blind playthrough my caravan had some incredible swings of luck on the road. Fun stuff, even when my decisions blew up in my face from time to time.
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 02 September 19 at 17:25
Not something which appeals to me in any kind of way but enjoy it to anyone who does decide to get involved
D'yuz gan at death speed?
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 03 September 19 at 00:02
One day I will play all of these. Too busy atm cry
ZW
ZW
Posted on 03 September 19 at 03:34
Look forward to reading the discussion.
??ZW???????????????????????????????????
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 03 September 19 at 12:05
Granted, this style of game is one of my favorites - but I wholeheartedly enjoyed my time with it. I can't recommend it enough to someone even remotely interested in it.

I still have to get around to playing the third entry, but one and two were fantastic. I'm a sucker for save files that transfer between games, too!
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 04 September 19 at 00:33
I've had these games in the backlog forever. So I hearing good things about it. Might start.
Microtransactions are EVIL!
Mr DopeGaming
Mr DopeGaming
Posted on 04 September 19 at 03:36
Good luck with the TA playlist everyone. This is a bit to corny for me lol
https://www.facebook.com/DopeGamingx1
DrNefario
DrNefario
Posted on 04 September 19 at 13:43
I'm looking forward to getting back into this. It ought to be right up my street, but for some reason, despite also owning it on iOS and PS4, I haven't really managed to get stuck in yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.