Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Gameplay Chart: Blair Witch Makes a Big Debut

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:00
Forza Horizon 4 breaks the deadlock on the top 10

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Gameplay Chart: Blair Witch Makes a Big Debut
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:08
Odyssey added free Atlantis DLC, which is likely why it came back. Gears 4 was just added to GwG. Sad that Control and Man of Medan aren't on there, but maybe they will show up next week.
Yes, I know I am.
LLboxed
LLboxed
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:21
How can a crap game like Roblox perform so well for so long?
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:26
Hopefully this will encourage more games to release straight to game pass
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:59, Edited on 02 September 19 at 16:02 by HawkeyeBarry20
I’m guessing since the article didn’t even mention Control it must not have even been close to the top 40.

Where will Gears 5 debut, I wonder if it can crack the top 5?
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:00
Trying to play Blair Witch myself but im a big wuss when it comes to horror-games. I have yet to finish Resident Evil 7 Biohazard on Ps4 and i have it since day one.....
Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
Wobblo
Wobblo
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:02
LLboxed said:
How can a crap game like Roblox perform so well for so long?
1. Children
2. Free to Play
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:15
I got tired walking around in circles in the forest. I'd like some handholding telling me where I need to walk to. Serioulsy, 30 minutes walking in circles.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:28
Keep in mind:

The chart is compiled on a Monday morning, and takes gameplay data from the previous 7 days.
Blair Witch released on Friday/early Saturday morning, so for a game being tracked for two to three days, has it really done well considering it’s “free” via Game Pass?

I do wonder how much of a difference it could have made had there been the option to pre-load on console. The option was there on PC but LOL @ that process going smooth with no error because Microsoft still don’t know how to do PC gaming well.
deadraque
deadraque
Posted on 02 September 19 at 18:35, Edited on 02 September 19 at 18:38 by deadraque
Kanchanaburi said:
I got tired walking around in circles in the forest. I'd like some handholding telling me where I need to walk to. Serioulsy, 30 minutes walking in circles.
If you are near the tent put in your back to the tent go slightly left-straight ahead to the left of a tree there is a little trail with purple flowers. I think that is the trail you need as I looked for it about 10 minutes. not easy to explain, otherwise look to the tent turn 90 degrees to your right go 2-3 steps forward do 90 degrees again to your right and go straight ahead that's +/- where it should be. I hope it helps.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 02 September 19 at 18:39
Kanchanaburi said:
Just delete the game , like I did
Green thumbs
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 02 September 19 at 19:02
Not surprised about Blair Witch tbh. Xbox really pushed the marketing with this game.
Wake me, when you need me.
pukem0nn
pukem0nn
Posted on 02 September 19 at 20:52
this is really bad for Control. I wonder if this is the game that ends Remedy and makes either MS or Sony bail them out by buying them.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 02 September 19 at 21:52
Blair Witch is surprisingly effective. It's a lot more psychological than I suspect many people were expecting, and it's a good thing.

If you've gotten stuck at the beginning, I did too. Once you get to the next area, it gets a lot easier. I'm compiling another Not A WalkthroughTM for this, although I'm sure someone will make a video guide. I just prefer text so I can skip around.

The way to get through the first area is...
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

But seriously, play it through once on your own without a guide. You have to play through a second time anyway.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 02 September 19 at 22:21
I suspect Blair Witch will drop a good few spots next week, seem's a lot of poeple played it for half an hour and turned it off like I did. Love Vigor i've been on it all week, fully built level 106 shelter! It also has no P2W, whoever designed the RMC (RMC= real money currency right?) in that game is a genius.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 02 September 19 at 22:23
pukem0nn said:
this is really bad for Control. I wonder if this is the game that ends Remedy and makes either MS or Sony bail them out by buying them.
It would be interesting to know PlayStation vs Xbox sales. Considering Remedy’s rocky relationship with Microsoft, I would suspect they’d side with PlayStation.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 02 September 19 at 22:25
Sashamorning said:
Blair Witch is surprisingly effective. It's a lot more psychological than I suspect many people were expecting, and it's a good thing.

If you've gotten stuck at the beginning, I did too. Once you get to the next area, it gets a lot easier. I'm compiling another Not A WalkthroughTM for this, although I'm sure someone will make a video guide. I just prefer text so I can skip around.

But seriously, play it through once on your own without a guide. You have to play through a second time anyway.
I didn't get stuck at the beginning I found the cap really quick, telling bullet to seek was one of the first things I did. I got to the second tape in about half hour, the one that shows the bunker. Anyway glad you like it I knew it wasn't my kinda game but if creepy horrors were my thing it does seem a good game and I probably would of liked it. Just not my kinda game but you know...Gamepass so might as well ;)
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 02 September 19 at 22:36
Stinky Big Buds said:
Sashamorning said:

I didn't get stuck at the beginning I found the cap really quick, telling bullet to seek was one of the first things I did. I got to the second tape in about half hour, the one that shows the bunker. Anyway glad you like it I knew it wasn't my kinda game but if creepy horrors were my thing it does seem a good game and I probably would of liked it. Just not my kinda game but you know...Gamepass so might as well ;)
toast
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 03 September 19 at 21:05
imaidiot19 said:
Odyssey added free Atlantis DLC, which is likely why it came back. Gears 4 was just added to GwG. Sad that Control and Man of Medan aren't on there, but maybe they will show up next week.
Gears of War 4 was not just added, it has been there for quite some time now. That is why it has seen no change in position.
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 09 September 19 at 12:59
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
pukem0nn said:
It would be interesting to know PlayStation vs Xbox sales. Considering Remedy’s rocky relationship with Microsoft, I would suspect they’d side with PlayStation.
This is a shame, as Control is a very, very good game (currently 2/3 hours in)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.