Game Discussion: Child of Light Forum

Through the looking glass issue

AuthorMessage
studlybambi
studlybambi
Posted on 02 September 19 at 16:29
I try and send an oculi to a friend and every time it says “Sorry, Ubisoft servers are not currently available. Please try again later. For more information, visit http://support.ubi.com” I can’t seem to get this achievement. Anyone else having issues? I have noticed no one has earned this since August 20.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 02 September 19 at 17:47
studlybambi said:
I try and send an oculi to a friend and every time it says “Sorry, Ubisoft servers are not currently available. Please try again later. For more information, visit http://support.ubi.com” I can’t seem to get this achievement. Anyone else having issues? I have noticed no one has earned this since August 20.
yep I did a support ticket to them and they forward the issue to the dev team for further review ask anyone else that is having this problem do the same so they know it's just not one or 2 people having this issue
The Hardcore
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 04 September 19 at 00:57
I've opened a ticket and they replied saying the online functions for Child of Light were deactivated and it's not possible to send Oculi to friends and fulfill the club challenge "Through the Looking Glass".
He said club challenge so I think he thought I asked about the ubisoft club thing.
And they gave me 50 uplay points for the inconvenience... roll

So let's see the other answers.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 04 September 19 at 03:18
Looks like it's down on the 360 version as well, damn...
studlybambi
studlybambi
Posted on 04 September 19 at 05:09
I sent in a support ticket as well. I’m hoping I didn’t miss this achievement by a couple weeks
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 04 September 19 at 09:21
Tatl360 said:
I've opened a ticket and they replied saying the online functions for Child of Light were deactivated and it's not possible to send Oculi to friends and fulfill the club challenge "Through the Looking Glass".
He said club challenge so I think he thought I asked about the ubisoft club thing.

yea you want to say it's a gameplay issue because there is recent winners for it
The Hardcore
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:29
Tatl360 said:

they have now started to say the same to me now but I am still pushing them for a solution
The Hardcore
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 04 September 19 at 23:44
=(
More people should ask I guess.

And if we complain to Xbox and Xbox contact them, they may do something.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 05 September 19 at 03:46
Tatl360 said:
=(
More people should ask I guess.

And if we complain to Xbox and Xbox contact them, they may do something.
probably I have been going back and forth with the same person all day
The Hardcore
studlybambi
studlybambi
Posted on 15 September 19 at 23:11
It doesn’t look good friends. Here is a reply I got from Ubisoft support:

“Sorry for any confusion, in this case the online functions for Child of Light have been deactivated.
It is therefore not possible anymore, to send Oculi to friends and fulfill the club challenge "Through the Looking Glass".

To solve this for you, I have unlocked the challenge on your account, which should give you the included XP and Uplay-Points.”

I think that this achievement is permanently locked now. I probably won’t purchase a Ubisoft game again after this. It’s shameful to put an online specific achievement in a single player game and then discontinue the ability to unlock that. I still think we should send them messages but it doesn’t look like we will ever be able to get this achievement. Sorry guys
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 17 September 19 at 02:28
Oh that's annoying, I was going to play this since I got it GWG but never got around to it (I now realise it was GWG 4 years ago though lol).

It looks like it got deactivated on PC last year so I guess the writing was on the wall. Wish they would provide some warning though...

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1967362-quot-The-C...
Posting from sunny Australia.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 17 September 19 at 04:52
studlybambi said:
It doesn’t look good friends. Here is a reply I got from Ubisoft support:

“Sorry for any confusion, in this case the online functions for Child of Light have been deactivated.
It is therefore not possible anymore, to send Oculi to friends and fulfill the club challenge "Through the Looking Glass".

To solve this for you, I have unlocked the challenge on your account, which should give you the included XP and Uplay-Points.”

I think that this achievement is permanently locked now. I probably won’t purchase a Ubisoft game again after this. It’s shameful to put an online specific achievement in a single player game and then discontinue the ability to unlock that. I still think we should send them messages but it doesn’t look like we will ever be able to get this achievement. Sorry guys
I almost want to petion this as there was no waring at all I even told the guy if they opened it back up for just 2 weeks people would be happy but no reply yet
The Hardcore
tmeerbott
tmeerbott
Posted on 18 September 19 at 02:26
I submitted a help ticket earlier this week and basically got the same response. I did get a survey afterwards and explained the frustration of them putting an online achievement in a single player game and shutting off the server without notice. It probably won't do any good but if you do petition them I will support it.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 20 September 19 at 05:10
I have had some progress with this today try to put in your support tickets but be nice and don't let your case get closed till it gets resloved
The Hardcore
Kamikaze1963
Kamikaze1963
Posted on 27 September 19 at 12:25
I am surprised that the game is still for sale if an achievement has been discontinued. A simple rework of the achievement before shutting down the server would have prevented this. Just do all the steps needed to send somebody an oculi and the game gives you the achievement without having to check the server.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 27 September 19 at 15:23
I have reopened my ticket politely telling them how ouf of touch they are.

We need a patch. It should be easy. And it's not a licensed game. They are selling the game everywhere and should fix it.

Let's keep asking for a solution to fix the achievement and hopefully they listen and fix it.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 30 September 19 at 20:29
Time to get the BBB involved. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get...
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 10 October 19 at 20:53
They replied saying that they are sorry for hearing about this and forwarded my complaint to the developers.

I think people should complain more.
JORDANQUAKE4
JORDANQUAKE4
Posted on 13 October 19 at 07:42
Tatl360 said:
They replied saying that they are sorry for hearing about this and forwarded my complaint to the developers.

But it's getting people to do it the more that want it the less they can ignore it
The Hardcore
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 15 October 19 at 20:00, Edited on 15 October 19 at 20:02 by A Dreadful Shot
JORDANQUAKE4 said:
Tatl360 said:

But it's getting people to do it the more that want it the less they can ignore it
The BBB just recently got Ubisoft to fix Splinter Cell Blacklist so here’s hoping they can do the same for this game. Anybody who wants to help out submit a complaint. I pretty much just let them know that this is a single player game and the devs decided to add an achievement tied to an online feature for gifting an item to a friend, but then removed the feature without any warning, resulting in the achievement becoming unobtainable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.