The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: September 3rd, 2019

AuthorMessage
Project Rees
Project Rees
Posted on 03 September 19 at 06:05
Hmmm... might finally give Mafia III a chance at this price.
Kaymond23
Kaymond23
Posted on 03 September 19 at 07:47
I might just snap up Tales Of Vesperia 👍
[URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/Kaymond23.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Kaymond23.png[/IMG][/URL]
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 03 September 19 at 08:27
The Forza Horizon 3 "Complete Add-ons Collection" also seems to be on sale for €34.74 (instead of €138.99.)

It says 1 hour remaining for me, so be quick. headspin Probably not part of this sale then.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 03 September 19 at 08:43
Buttercup III said:
Imothep Czech said:
I still waiting for Narcosis or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Ask Vince McMahon what happened to Ethan Carter
Haha nice one.
Lord Darkfung
Lord Darkfung
Posted on 03 September 19 at 08:53
Now Telltale is back on sale I'm hoping to get the hole in my collection that is Minecraft Season 2
The Manic Moose
Posted on 03 September 19 at 09:28
I really want to purchase Overcooked 2 along with the DLC but it just seems expensive. Currently £13.99 for the base game and £15.99 for the season pass.

Has it ever been much cheaper?
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 03 September 19 at 09:35
Living Legends said:
Fearful symmetry for win10 is cheap
Yep just got it, it sounds like it could be fun for that price.
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 03 September 19 at 10:06
How is the telltale Batman series?
ClassierPompano
Posted on 03 September 19 at 11:09
Project Rees said:
Make sure you get the bundle with the DLC: it is a noticeable improvement on the base game for only a small price increase.

Unfortunately the game is still a massive disappointment. Makes the same mistakes as Mafia II (boring police system, underwhelming traffic diversity) and actually managed to downgrade a lot of things and even has a shocking lack of attention to detail (look at the mirror reflections to see what I mean)
Visions of Gore
Posted on 03 September 19 at 12:43
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:
Make sure you get the bundle with the DLC: it is a noticeable improvement on the base game for only a small price increase.

Unfortunately the game is still a massive disappointment. Makes the same mistakes as Mafia II (boring police system, underwhelming traffic diversity) and actually managed to downgrade a lot of things and even has a shocking lack of attention to detail (look at the mirror reflections to see what I mean)
I thought the same thing about the graphics when I played it on a S, but it looks a lot better on an X and 4k.
Sensei Neo
Sensei Neo
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:00
Tekken 7 finally less than £20
The Manic Moose
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:01
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

I thought the same thing about the graphics when I played it on a S, but it looks a lot better on an X and 4k.
So you would or wouldn't recommend it? I did Mafia 2 and remember finding it fairly monotonous but it is still an open world game that I tend to enjoy as a whole.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:29
Wow, really good deals for a lot of the Escapists games and DLC. Recommend all of them for anyone who hasn't played them. Pretty fun games.

I'm still waiting on a better discount for Overcooked 2. Maybe when all the DLC is released after a few months, we'll see a bit more for the discounts. Still holding out on it for now.
ClassierPompano
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:44
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

I played it on One X and something's are still really bad: sky box is absolutely horrible, strange car reflections not very detailed and bland textures and those mirrors I mentioned: even II had functional mirrors. In this game they do a bizzare slide show thing where it shows you a snapshot of your character movement from 10 seconds ago !

The character models are mostly good, the cars aside from reflections also and if you're moving around it looks pretty.
ClassierPompano
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:49
The Manic Moose said:
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

So you would or wouldn't recommend it? I did Mafia 2 and remember finding it fairly monotonous but it is still an open world game that I tend to enjoy as a whole.
I'd say it's ok for £15 with all the DLC. The DLC is really good: short but sweet and not repetitive at all.

The main story however has a lot of filler as you have to do these same racket weakening side missions over and over again in order to unlock a main story set piece mission.

Open world, good DLC, good story but lots of repetitive filler and some questionable graphics (don't think it has the best game engine)

If you have £15 for the DLC version then it's not bad, just do t set your expectations really high and you'll have a good time. I give it 6/10 personally.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 03 September 19 at 13:51
I bought Genesis Alpha One. I just love space.
Green thumbs
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 03 September 19 at 15:28, Edited on 03 September 19 at 15:31 by M4DE IN W4LE5
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

No doubt, they cant be bothered pushing the XO when the XOX has much more potential, same with Vampyr , Middle Earth SOM and so many more . fcukin sloppy if you ask me
ClassierPompano
Posted on 03 September 19 at 15:31, Edited on 03 September 19 at 15:32 by ClassierPompano
M4DE IN W4LE5 said:
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

No doubt, they cant be bothered pushing the XO when the XOX has much more potential . fcukin sloppy if you ask me
It's not like that: it's just a really inefficiently programmed engine. It's doesn't look mind blowing on the One X, more a polished turd than anything.

It would have looked fine on the One, I mean far more complex games look better than this
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 03 September 19 at 15:34
Sensei Neo said:
Tekken 7 finally less than £20
Get it for half of that on Ebay , do you millenials have more money than sense
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 03 September 19 at 15:39
ClassierPompano said:
M4DE IN W4LE5 said:
Visions of Gore said:
ClassierPompano said:
Project Rees said:

No doubt, they cant be bothered pushing the XO when the XOX has much more potential . fcukin sloppy if you ask me
It's not like that: it's just a really inefficiently programmed engine. It's doesn't look mind blowing on the One X, more a polished turd than anything.

It would have looked fine on the One, I mean far more complex games look better than this
Inefficiently = Sloppy , Forza 4 on OG one looks great , shame nobody else can code like the first party devs. Its called working hard for a reason
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.