Game Discussion: Torchlight II Forum

Bugs

AuthorMessage
Apache117X
Apache117X
Posted on 03 September 19 at 05:04
Hey everyone I am playing with my friend in coop and he keeps getting randomly removed from my game. Is this happening to anyone else?
-APACHE117X-
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 03 September 19 at 06:13
At least your game is starting. All I get for 2 hours now is an error code. Game's not launching for me. I found out that this issue is for pre-orders only. Ridiculous. On Twitter the devs talk about problems with PS4 and Switch but no word about Xbox. Funny and disappointing at the same time.
Apache117X
Apache117X
Posted on 03 September 19 at 08:00
The game does have a day one patch that I had to manually start (if that makes sense). I did this by going to the game in storage and checking the ‘updates’ tab - that might work for you?
-APACHE117X-
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 03 September 19 at 08:05
I had stuttering during the videos but that was it. I pre-ordered too. One X if that matters.
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 03 September 19 at 16:28
There's no update that I can manually install. I tried re-downloading the file (1.86 GB but when downloaded it says 2.1 GB. Is that correct?). I also tried a hard reset of my Xbox but still nothing. Same error code and same text (Game took to long to load or something like that, my text is in german). I don't know what else I can do to be able to finally play this game. I'm lost.
Dragonling
Dragonling
Posted on 03 September 19 at 20:46
Apache117X said:
Hey everyone I am playing with my friend in coop and he keeps getting randomly removed from my game. Is this happening to anyone else?
@Apache117X - We are having the exact same problem here. Tried with my fiancée for ~30 minutes last night and we just kept phasing out of each other's games, then tried with a friend today with the same results. It feels like a silent desync and the game tries to make it smooth by just letting you keep playing in a local version of the same world seed. Nice of them, but why isn't multiplayer working? cry
Apache117X
Apache117X
Posted on 03 September 19 at 22:20
Dragonling said:
Apache117X said:
@Apache117X - We are having the exact same problem here. Tried with my fiancée for ~30 minutes last night and we just kept phasing out of each other's games, then tried with a friend today with the same results. It feels like a silent desync and the game tries to make it smooth by just letting you keep playing in a local version of the same world seed. Nice of them, but why isn't multiplayer working? cry
Yeah it’s so annoying, it’s good that the game doesn’t crash or go back to the menu when a player unsyncs, but holy crap it’s annoying, sometimes I don’t even notice it’s happened for a minute or more if we have become separated.
-APACHE117X-
Kelvin
Kelvin
Posted on 04 September 19 at 09:45
I bought this game specifically to play with a friend and I can't... Hopefully there's a patch. Googling and It looks like this game had LAN issues on PC as well when it released.
Webhead2099
Webhead2099
Posted on 04 September 19 at 12:36
Apache117X said:
I had the same issue last night while playing with friends. I do agree it's nice the game doesn't crash when it happens, but I would still like to play with friends. Hopefully they get it sorted soon enough.
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 04 September 19 at 20:01
I finally got my transmuter, Albrecht, but he says he has a hole in his pockets and can't transmute until he gets a patch. Anyone know if that is a literal thing, because I cannot find this anywhere on the internet, no quest, etc. Thanks all.
Cheese Touch
Cheese Touch
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:47
Nebelfuerst said:
There's no update that I can manually install. I tried re-downloading the file (1.86 GB but when downloaded it says 2.1 GB. Is that correct?). I also tried a hard reset of my Xbox but still nothing. Same error code and same text (Game took to long to load or something like that, my text is in german). I don't know what else I can do to be able to finally play this game. I'm lost.
Ditto.

"For some reason Torchlight 2 took too long to start. (0x8027025a)"

Tried reinstalling, resetting, etc. to no avail. Garbage game.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 05 September 19 at 00:26
FrancieBrady86 said:
I finally got my transmuter, Albrecht, but he says he has a hole in his pockets and can't transmute until he gets a patch. Anyone know if that is a literal thing, because I cannot find this anywhere on the internet, no quest, etc. Thanks all.
I have same problem can't use the transmuter at all.

Only issue I have had is the fast travel is broken. I opened portal on floor 7 of the mines to go back to town but when I used town portal then clicked on the portal I created it warped me to floor 1 of the mines not floor 7.
Goggs25
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 05 September 19 at 03:41, Edited on 06 September 19 at 10:25 by Nebelfuerst
Cheese Touch said:
Ditto.

"For some reason Torchlight 2 took too long to start. (0x8027025a)"

Tried reinstalling, resetting, etc. to no avail. Garbage game.
I still cannot play this game and I'm still angry about it but now I know I'm not the only one on this godamn planet. That's what I thought for 2 days because I couldn't find a single report from people who have the same problem. I've read that a patch is in the making but I don't know if it will fix our problem. If it doesn't I want my money back but I don't know if that's even possible.

Edit: Did you pre-order or did you buy when it was already out?

Patchnotes for the upcoming Patch:
Fix for edge case crashes around disconnecting or changing profiles while on a UI menu
Fix for some crashes on start-up
Fix for no sound in the opening cutscene

Maybe what I highlighted will resolve our problem. I really hope it will.
JohnnieMonkey
JohnnieMonkey
Posted on 06 September 19 at 12:07
This is the first time I've ever submitted a refund request on a game. My "good" controller has some connectivity issues, and every time it loses connection the game punts back to the title screen and all progress is lost. Then when you restart, you're frozen in place unable to move.
And every other time I load up the game, I get the "Took too long to start" message.
Absolutely unplayable.
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 06 September 19 at 12:15
How to submit a refund request? (...just in case I need it)
Samarin6
Samarin6
Posted on 06 September 19 at 18:13
i am getting the "For some reason Torchlight 2 took too long to start. (0x8027025a)" on my 1X, and when i can get it, the frame rate is pretty choppy. Loads quickly and plays nice and smooth on my bfs plain old X1. 4k/60fps my ass
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 06 September 19 at 18:20
I'll just add that I went on to NG+, and now I log back in and poof, I'm in NG++. That's pretty great considering I'm now 30 levels below the lowest mob.
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 06 September 19 at 19:13
Lol meanwhile I'm a little bit happy that my game isn't starting at all considering the crap that's going on with it.smile
JohnnieMonkey
JohnnieMonkey
Posted on 06 September 19 at 22:49
Nebelfuerst said:
How to submit a refund request? (...just in case I need it)
Go to accounts.microsoft.com, log in to your account, then under Payment and billing select "order history" to bring up a list of recent purchases. There's a link to refund information in the order box.
My understanding is that you have to be within 14 days of purchase, and you have to have played for less than two hours to be eligible for refund.
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 06 September 19 at 23:25
What's funny is that some of these bugs theoretically won't be seen in the first two hours. Crazy pants, I say.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.