Game Discussion: Torchlight II Forum

Bugs

AuthorMessage
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 07 September 19 at 16:28
"Unfortunately, in November 2017, Runic Games, the developer of Torchlight, Torchlight II, and Hob, closed down. The Runic game forums have also been shut down.

While Perfect World has inherited support of these titles, without assistance from the developers, we are unable to escalate or thoroughly investigate any issues with the games themselves, as well as some resolve some inherent technical issues."

That's super. I didn't know they weren't involved. So, a company buys the game, ports it, but has no one to actually support the game.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 07 September 19 at 21:09
POS isn't popping any achievements for me again. This is the 3rd time. Was able to go back and get a couple but looks like one would need another playthrough. I soft reset and and a couple pop but then starts to fail again in the same session a few hours later.
Play nice!
Samarin6
Samarin6
Posted on 08 September 19 at 00:18
refund requested. lets see what happens
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 08 September 19 at 09:53
This entire game could live in RAM it is so small, the stuttering is crazy, they must be rendering a crapton of stuff that they don’t need to.

I killed The Netherking today. About 5 achievements didn’t pop like they should have. Beating The Netherking on Hardcore is probably hard to do as stuttering will likely get you killed.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 08 September 19 at 13:28
It's ruining a game I really wanted to enjoy.
Play nice!
Fiatim
Fiatim
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:01
FrancieBrady86 said:
I'll just add that I went on to NG+, and now I log back in and poof, I'm in NG++. That's pretty great considering I'm now 30 levels below the lowest mob.
Me too. Do as I am, run maps, you get to choose the level of them.
Murphy was an optimist. There is no idea that can't be ruined by a few well placed idiots.
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 08 September 19 at 20:15
That's not a bad idea! Still, we shouldn't have to do that, but good work around.
FrancieBrady86
Posted on 08 September 19 at 20:28
Actually, scratch that. I logged in with my second character just now who was also at new game plus, and now he's, wait for it...on NG+++. This is idiotic.
ME3TSPINNER
ME3TSPINNER
Posted on 09 September 19 at 20:32
FrancieBrady86 said:
Actually, scratch that. I logged in with my second character just now who was also at new game plus, and now he's, wait for it...on NG+++. This is idiotic.
And it could get worse.

I was running maps after my game decided to up me to NG++ (just after leaving the Enclave in NG+) and I was hoping I could just grind to around level 80 and continue the campaign. I ran a bunch of maps and went to bed.

When I got up the next morning to continue, the game somehow decided that during my rest, I'd also managed to complete the game 3 more times and now my character is in NG+5!

The absolute best part is that I was in the MapWorks when this happened so the game thinks I started over. When I go to the Warp Portal, the only destination I have is the MapWorks, so I'm stuck here. Though I can't imagine the main map being entertaining in the slightest with my level 65 character going against NG+5 enemies...

I can do maps, but the XP and loot are pretty meager, so it's kind taking forever to get to level 100...
Without me, it's just aweso.
Sighris
Sighris
Posted on 09 September 19 at 22:33
Good news is developer is aware. They made posts on their Twitter.
Moo
Samarin6
Samarin6
Posted on 09 September 19 at 23:49
i got my refund today
Cheese Touch
Cheese Touch
Posted on 10 September 19 at 05:03
I did a factory reset of my console and that fixed it. Plays normally now.

Still crappy that I had to go through that and the port isn't the best (slowdown, graphics aren't great), but at least I can play through the game now. Sucks that the inevitable ratio decay is probably going to force me to use up all my bonus points just to stay in the GTASC.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 10 September 19 at 10:17
Same. Did another reset and the achievements have now caught up. Get slowdown for a few seconds every time I enter a new area but seems ok apart from that.
Play nice!
Nebelfuerst
Nebelfuerst
Posted on 11 September 19 at 05:35
I also did a factory reset and that worked for me, too. I haven't experienced any bugs, slowdowns etc. yet but I'm only around lvl 20 so they might be waiting for me. I hope not, though.

The good thing about factory reset is that you can keep your installed games and apps. I wouldn't have done a reset when everything would be erased after it.
DaMikeSC
DaMikeSC
Posted on 11 September 19 at 17:12
Cheese Touch said:
Nebelfuerst said:
There's no update that I can manually install. I tried re-downloading the file (1.86 GB but when downloaded it says 2.1 GB. Is that correct?). I also tried a hard reset of my Xbox but still nothing. Same error code and same text (Game took to long to load or something like that, my text is in german). I don't know what else I can do to be able to finally play this game. I'm lost.
Ditto.

"For some reason Torchlight 2 took too long to start. (0x8027025a)"

Tried reinstalling, resetting, etc. to no avail. Garbage game.
Even worse...MS wont offer a refund for a defective product. Mine does the same.
Samarin6
Samarin6
Posted on 12 September 19 at 01:15
DaMikeSC said:
Cheese Touch said:
Nebelfuerst said:
There's no update that I can manually install. I tried re-downloading the file (1.86 GB but when downloaded it says 2.1 GB. Is that correct?). I also tried a hard reset of my Xbox but still nothing. Same error code and same text (Game took to long to load or something like that, my text is in german). I don't know what else I can do to be able to finally play this game. I'm lost.
Ditto.

Even worse...MS wont offer a refund for a defective product. Mine does the same.
I was given a refund. Stated the game won't load on my one X and when it does (only twice) the frame rate makes it unplayable. the refunded me the next day
DaMikeSC
DaMikeSC
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:06
Samarin6 said:
DaMikeSC said:
Cheese Touch said:
Nebelfuerst said:
Ditto.

I was given a refund. Stated the game won't load on my one X and when it does (only twice) the frame rate makes it unplayable. the refunded me the next day
Dang. They refused me and I can't even get to the point for framerate to suck.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 14 September 19 at 14:34, Edited on 14 September 19 at 17:16 by Goggs25
Fiatim said:
FrancieBrady86 said:
I'll just add that I went on to NG+, and now I log back in and poof, I'm in NG++. That's pretty great considering I'm now 30 levels below the lowest mob.
Me too. Do as I am, run maps, you get to choose the level of them.
Same here no issue with game until I started NG+. I now have side quest that i can't do and now it put me on NG++ even though I have not completed NG+. All enemies are level 84 and I am 57. I will never by another torchlight game there is no reason why this game should have bugs since its been out on steam for 7 years and still the lazy scumbag developers did nothing to fix it.

UPDATE

I am now on NG+5 and can't even start campaign it will only start me in the mapworks only can not teleport anywhere
Goggs25
NateDawgSn1per
Posted on 15 September 19 at 05:07
Maybe not a “bug” but could be. However this situation was still ridiculous. Playing my hardcore character tonight level 25. Engineer built to tank, had a few times when health legit got halfway low but I got one shot but a random normal mob tonight out of nowhere and died, with my force field up..... I’m sorry what? Was actually one of the times I wasn’t having frame rate issues on my X and bam.

I’ve played hundreds of hours of these kinds of games and never has something like that happened.
NateDawgSn1per
Dragonling
Dragonling
Posted on 19 September 19 at 18:16, Edited on 19 September 19 at 18:23 by Dragonling
I completed the first playthrough on hardcore the other day but decided to just leave it there rather than starting NG+ due to all the issues folks are seeing with extra + iterations just showing up. Figure I'll just let the game sit and rest there a while until they get a patch out.

Found this from Sept 9th on the Panic Button twitter:

"We are aware of some players experiencing issues with disconnects as well as NG+ issues, and are working on fixes. We are also working on even more quality of life improvements and optimizations based on player feedback."

https://twitter.com/PanicButtonGame/status/11710599999399976...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.