Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Adventures of Elena Temple Achievement List Revealed

• Posted on 07 September 19 at 08:30Permalink
    This seems interesting
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x999,928
    Posted on 07 September 19 at 09:09Permalink
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    This seems interesting
    The title screen alone intrigues me!
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • True MarvellousTrue Marvellous2,481,690
    Posted on 07 September 19 at 11:52Permalink
    The title screen represents 3 of the 8 filters you can use to make the game look like 8 retro systems from the 80s.
    Gameplay Focused Reviews that dont pander to publishers check out www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 September 19 at 16:14Permalink
    I think I will like this. ill buy it if its 4,99
    Head in the clouds,...But I can't see the Lord
  • Posted on 07 September 19 at 16:31Permalink
    I miss games where you beat up bats and scorpions, this might be in my wheelhouse.
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge1,704,654
    Posted on 07 September 19 at 17:53Permalink
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    Yes, the dev told me it will be $5
    Follow me on these for gameplay, giveaways and more! http://www.twitch.tv/karnage http://www.youtube.com/k4rn4ge http://www.twitter.com/k4rn4ge
  • Posted on 07 September 19 at 23:56Permalink
    K4rn4ge said:
    Solo Wing 82 said:
    Yes, the dev told me it will be $5
    I can't say no to $5 games with achievements.
    Check out my awful podcast! https://youtube.com/smlpodcast
  • Temple JonesTemple Jones141,363
    Posted on 08 September 19 at 02:46Permalink
    Hey who made up a game about my sister? Elena Temple Jones? As Edward Temple Jones i am highly Offended. lmao
    Edward Temple Jones
  • Posted on 08 September 19 at 07:36Permalink
    5 ? I'm sold .
  • x1c1clex1c1cle154,392
    Posted on 08 September 19 at 17:59, Edited on 08 September 19 at 18:00 by x1c1clePermalink
    This retro genre is getting out of hand. Soon, Pong will come out in 2 colors to acclaim and pomp!
    These titles aren't a homage to yesteryear. And while they may pluck at the heart strings in the memory of your childhood, these games are simply a quick and cheap path to market.

not interested. I'm more interested in pulling weeds from my lawn.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:34Permalink
    x1c1cle said:
    This retro genre is getting out of hand. Soon, Pong will come out in 2 colors to acclaim and pomp!
    These titles aren't a homage to yesteryear. And while they may pluck at the heart strings in the memory of your childhood, these games are simply a quick and cheap path to market.

I could say the same thing about modern games. Plenty of crap games being made right now, every week theres some crap games released of which I think, whos gonna buy that shit.
    I like this kind of game, the beauty is in its simplicity. These days many games are so big that most of the time your walking/driving from a-b mindlessly as theres nothing going on to focus your mind on(yeah I still play those). In a game like this you cant just watch Netflix while trying to complete the game. It requires more attention to gameplay. I like it, You don't like it, that's ok...... now, about those weeds on your lawn....
    Head in the clouds,...But I can't see the Lord
  • Posted on 08 September 19 at 22:57Permalink
    Hopefully this game gets a high ratio, it looks challenging.
    DubstepEdgelord
  • Posted on 09 September 19 at 06:03Permalink
    I'd rather play these games than alot of over priced stuff ... I like blackout but hate most bed, to each their own I can buy a game for the price of a coffee play it have fun and that's it.
  • Posted on 09 September 19 at 06:58Permalink
    x1c1cle said:

Retro is a genre now?
  • Posted on 09 September 19 at 17:36Permalink
    Swinny Costello said:
    x1c1cle said:

Retro is a genre now?
    Isn't it? There are literally hundreds of games that look like 8bit and 16bit titles to cash in on one's nostalgia. I think that's a big enough number to call it a genre now.
  • eayragteayragt177,382
    Posted on 28 September 19 at 06:48Permalink
    x1c1cle said:

You should be asking "is this game fun?". Isn't that all that really matters?
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 01 October 19 at 23:36Permalink
    DubstepEdgelord said:
    Hopefully this game gets a high ratio, it looks challenging.
    Having completed it fairly quickly, I can say it isn't particularly hard, unless platformers and the timing they need isn't your usual set of skills. The ratio is sitting where it is simply because a bunch of people have played it through those day one sales (and giveaways from Indie Gamer Chick) and haven't completed it.

That said, the challenge that does exist comes from some speedrun and completion/few deaths medals you need to earn. Played legitimately, the game still isn't hard, but it does make you play more cautiously while still being quick about your runs. It's a great little title for short playthroughs as you learn the best routes. But there IS a way to complete the game in a matter of seconds, which would earn you the speedrun, few deaths, and low bullet-shot count medals.

I may very well write up a guide for this one, unless someone else has already take up that task. And despite all that, I think the game is genuinely a good time, and is likely to last a good while for the average person.

(It's got this fictional history explaining why the game is so unknown and why there are different visual styles to choose from. Really cool touch, IMO.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.