Game Info Submission Archive: Gears 5

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Gears 5 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Gears 5

• PostmortimusPostmortimus244,500
    Posted on 07 September 19 at 23:24Permalink
    I know that this is most likely due to playing it early and hopefully will be fixed relatively soon.
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r566,006
    Posted on 08 September 19 at 09:00Permalink
    You could currently add buggy to every achievement as servers are making tracking glitch on most of them. I would just give it time for them to fix everything.
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus244,500
    Posted on 08 September 19 at 22:15, Edited on 08 September 19 at 22:17 by PostmortimusPermalink
    Smudgenat0r said:
    You could currently add buggy to every achievement as servers are making tracking glitch on most of them. I would just give it time for them to fix everything.
    I only flagged the ones that directly weren't unlocking for me. I have unlocked 2 of the 3 that I flagged in the time between then and now but that was after I essentially did them again. I got My Place In The Machine after 6 placement matches (apparently you have to play another match after the 5th one to show your rank placement or it's just another bug) on a second game mode. I did all placement matches for TDM plus about 2 or 3 more after and never got it. After 6 matches of KOTH I got it. Beginning Of A Beautiful Friendship unlocked a few minutes into a random Arcade match. I've won about 7 or 8 Arcade matches so far but the achievement progression has only been at 1 match won. Hopefully all Arcade wins going forward will now start adding to that. Thankfully it's only 5 wins.

I am definitely giving it time but I'm still very disappointed in how bad of a launch this is. The game, when it works, is a lot of fun and I don't have any real complaints about it sans bug infestation but I would advise against buying this until a major patch is released.
  • Posted on 28 September 19 at 20:29Permalink
    Kanchanaburi has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears 5 Achievements:

Kanchanaburi said:
    Gears 5On the Razor's EdgeThe On the Razor's Edge achievement in Gears 5 worth 25 pointsGet 100 kills while inside Hivebuster Venom

as reported by almost everyone in the solution, this achievmeent is glitchy, in a good way.
    Buggy +
    These achievements may unlock before the requirements have been met.

Gears 5Once More From the TopThe Once More From the Top achievement in Gears 5 worth 59 pointsRe-up!

can be earnt in coop, vs, and solo. total XP for entire game is cumulative.

Gears 5One, Two, Three SortiesThe One, Two, Three Sorties achievement in Gears 5 worth 11 pointsComplete all 3 Objectives for Tour of Duty in a day

all achievements with regards to TOUR OF DUTY can be done solo as well as coop, as well as versus.

Gears 5Corporal PunishmentThe Corporal Punishment achievement in Gears 5 worth 21 pointsReach the rank of Corporal in a Tour of Duty

all achievements with regards to TOUR OF DUTY can be done solo as well as coop, as well as versus.

Gears 5Sergeant at ArmsThe Sergeant at Arms achievement in Gears 5 worth 37 pointsReach the rank of Sergeant in Tour of Duty

Gears 5LOOTenantThe LOOTenant achievement in Gears 5 worth 80 pointsReach the rank of Lieutenant in Tour of Duty

Gears 5I'm The Captain NowThe I'm The Captain Now achievement in Gears 5 worth 105 pointsReach the rank of Captain in Tour of Duty

Gears 5Generally AwesomeThe Generally Awesome achievement in Gears 5 worth 279 pointsReach the rank of General in Tour of Duty

Gears 5Who You Gonna Call? Hivebusters!The Who You Gonna Call? Hivebusters! achievement in Gears 5 worth 42 pointsComplete 5 Escape Hives as each one of Mac, Lahni and Keegan

Cumulative +
    These achievements are obtained by repeatedly performing the same action or set of actions over time.
    also note that these can all be done in single player through custom games as well. All achievements in Horde and Escape can be done in custom games solo .

Gears 5Homegrown HiveThe Homegrown Hive achievement in Gears 5 worth 40 pointsComplete a Featured community built Escape Hive

this can be done in coop

• MichalKVMichalKV256,279
    Posted on 30 September 19 at 08:34Permalink
    Thank you for your submissions Postmortimus, Smudgenat0r, Memoryslave, Xx Phatryda xX, Kanchanaburi. We have flagged most achievements based on your submissions with couple of small modifications. Please let us know if there is still anything missing or not correct :)
  • Posted on 30 September 19 at 11:55Permalink
    This post was archived by SuperAwesomez
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:11Permalink
    Kanchanaburi has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears 5 Achievements:

Kanchanaburi said:
    Gears 5BFFsThe BFFs achievement in Gears 5 worth 1242 pointsComplete a Versus match with a team of four Level 5 Gears Allies

community - These achievements can be unlocked by interactions with a community. playing with the same people are the definition of interactions with a community. you cannot get this simple by playing coop with random people.

Gears 5You've Got a Friend in MeThe You've Got a Friend in Me achievement in Gears 5 worth 12 pointsMake a new Ally in Gears Allies

community - These achievements can be unlocked by interactions with a community. playing with the same people are the definition of interactions with a community. you cannot get this simple by playing coop with random people.

Gears 5Did We Just Become Best Friends?The Did We Just Become Best Friends? achievement in Gears 5 worth 642 pointsReach Level 5 with an ally in Gears Allies

Gears 5Seriously 5.0 - Chapter 1The Seriously 5.0 - Chapter 1 achievement in Gears 5 worth 11712 pointsInsane Campaign, Master Horde & Escape Launch Maps & Characters, 20 Re-ups, General in Tour

time consuming for sure - 20 reups will take hundreds of hours. multiple play thrus for sure of all content. time/date since tour of duty will reset forcing you to restart. not really for single player as most content requires coop. and since tour of duty will reset after operation 1, it could be said this is also missable if you fail to do tour of duty.

Gears 5Corporal PunishmentThe Corporal Punishment achievement in Gears 5 worth 21 pointsReach the rank of Corporal in a Tour of Duty

MISSABLE - Since these are based on a system which will apparently RESET itself, forcing you to start over again, by the acheivements and games own definition, I feel we should mark these as missable until proven otherwise, so that people who are playing or starting realize they may loose progress.

Gears 5Sergeant at ArmsThe Sergeant at Arms achievement in Gears 5 worth 37 pointsReach the rank of Sergeant in Tour of Duty

MISSABLE - Since these are based on a system which will apparently RESET itself, forcing you to start over again, by the acheivements and games own definition, I feel we should mark these as missable until proven otherwise, so that people who are playing or starting realize they may loose progress.

Gears 5LOOTenantThe LOOTenant achievement in Gears 5 worth 80 pointsReach the rank of Lieutenant in Tour of Duty

Gears 5I'm The Captain NowThe I'm The Captain Now achievement in Gears 5 worth 105 pointsReach the rank of Captain in Tour of Duty

Gears 5Generally AwesomeThe Generally Awesome achievement in Gears 5 worth 279 pointsReach the rank of General in Tour of Duty

Gears 5Jack of One TradeThe Jack of One Trade achievement in Gears 5 worth 25 pointsComplete an Act of the Campaign as playable Jack (any difficulty)

this is not stackable with anything else. this cannot be done in single player. it requires 3 controllers to get.

Gears 5JACKed Up!The JACKed Up! achievement in Gears 5 worth 156 pointsFully upgrade Jack's Abilities and Passives in Campaign

collectibles. missable.

Gears 5It’s Not Hoarding if Your Stuff is CoolThe It’s Not Hoarding if Your Stuff is Cool achievement in Gears 5 worth 76 pointsCollect all Campaign Collectibles

collectibles - surprised this was missed.

• Posted on 17 October 19 at 06:39Permalink
    MushaConvoy has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears 5 Achievements:

MushaConvoy said:
    Gears 5My Body is ReadyThe My Body is Ready achievement in Gears 5 worth 5 pointsComplete Boot Camp

Solo only, you cannot Boot Camp with a squad.

Gears 5Relic HunterThe Relic Hunter achievement in Gears 5 worth 39 pointsEquip 3 Relic Weapons at one time in Campaign

Solo only, while you can find the weapons in a co-op game, it only unlocks for the host.

Gears 5Relics of the PastThe Relics of the Past achievement in Gears 5 worth 139 pointsKill an enemy with every Relic Weapon in Campaign

Solo only, while you can find the weapons in a co-op game, the guest does not receive credit for kills made with a Relic weapon (even if they make the kill with it) unless they are the host.

Gears 5Reduce, Reuse, RecycleThe Reduce, Reuse, Recycle achievement in Gears 5 worth 161 pointsAs Jack, convert one of each weapon to Power using the Forge in Horde

Requires 2 players. The only way Jack can convert a Lancer, Lancer GL and Retro Lancer is by having another player (Marcus, JD) drop one.

Gears 5Withdrawal SymptomsThe Withdrawal Symptoms achievement in Gears 5 worth 90 pointsAs a team, collect Power from all 4 Power Taps within one wave of Horde

Cannot be done solo, requires 4 human players.

• Posted on 21 October 19 at 19:29Permalink
    Evil Genie has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Gears 5 Achievements:

Evil Genie said:
    Gears 5Seriously 5.0 - Chapter 1The Seriously 5.0 - Chapter 1 achievement in Gears 5 worth 11712 pointsInsane Campaign, Master Horde & Escape Launch Maps & Characters, 20 Re-ups, General in Tour

This should not be marked as Main Storyline as it is not unlocked just by progressing through the campaign.

Per the flag description on site: These achievements are gained automatically by progressing through the main game modes.
    Main Storyline achievements are guaranteed to unlock in the course of the primary playthrough of the main game modes or storylines, and therefore do not need to be specifically sought out. In games where it is unclear what the main modes are, the flag is not used. If the game features a cooperative mode, achievements tied to progression through this mode are also applicable for the Main Storyline flag.

Seriously 5.0 has many other requirements to unlock it besides just the campaign, and will not be gained automatically. Nor does completing the campaign on any difficulty lower than Insane give you credit towards this achievement.

• MichalKVMichalKV256,279
    Posted on 22 October 19 at 08:47Permalink
    Thank you for the submissions Kanchanaburi, MushaConvoy and Evil Genie. We have flagged some of the achievements based on your suggestions.

We did not apply community flag to the Gears Allies achievements. This is normal coop/versus play. The fact that you have to play with specific people does not change this.
    Similarly all the Tour of Duty achievements are not Missable. You have certain timeframe (which is known) and certain objectives each day that you have to complete, none of which is hidden or unknown. The only way you can miss this is, if you avoid completing the daily objectives on purpose.
    Jack of One Trade is stackable with the one below. Also you need only two players to play as Jack.
    Gears 5It Takes Three to Make a Thing Go RightThe It Takes Three to Make a Thing Go Right achievement in Gears 5 worth 41 pointsComplete an Act of Campaign in 3-player co-op

Jacked Up achievement is also not Missable, as according to the guides on this site, you can complete it via chapter select.

We did not flag Relic Hunter and Relics of the Past as single player, instead we flagged them as host only.
  • Posted on 23 October 19 at 09:07Permalink
    This post was archived by SuperAwesomez
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.