Bug Reports Forum

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

Username wrong

Needs info
AuthorMessage
Poundy
Poundy
Posted on 08 September 19 at 05:57
Why is my username Poundy when my gamer tag is Matthew Pound? Had no option to change or select when signed up?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 September 19 at 15:40
Poundy#9634 said:
Why is my username Poundy when my gamer tag is Matthew Pound? Had no option to change or select when signed up?
Are you saying it wouldn't allow you to put Matthew Pound in the GamerTag field when registering? https://i.imgur.com/ahTCIFI.png
See You Space Cowboy...
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 September 19 at 15:42
I'm guessing this is also an account of yours? Matt Pound

Would you like us to delete that one and your current one so you can try signing up again?
See You Space Cowboy...
Poundy
Poundy
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:35
No it allowed me to put Matthew Pound in on the create page but shows up as Poundy, on the Xbox App shows me as Matthew Pound but says Poundy unlocked these achievements.

Happy for you to delete both if easier
Poundy
Poundy
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:38
Has me as this /Poundy-9634
Elite1111111111
Posted on 08 September 19 at 20:18, Edited on 08 September 19 at 20:19 by Elite1111111111
Are you saying you're entering your Gamertag as it stands yet it's showing another gamertag on the signup page?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 September 19 at 20:33
I've spoken with the Devs and they have confirmed that this is a Microsoft issue. They're having a lot of problems with the new gamertag system and how they deal with gamertag changes. They're in the process of fixing that as well as the timestamp issues. When a fix will be put in place however, is undetermined at this time.

Elite1111111111 said:
Are you saying you're entering your Gamertag as it stands yet it's showing another gamertag on the signup page?
He's entering it correctly on signup, but the scanners pick his GT up as Poundy and change it. The achievements and everything else are pulled correctly though.

https://i.imgur.com/YePR7XJ.png
https://i.imgur.com/8S9GBqT.png
See You Space Cowboy...
Vibes6734258
Vibes6734258
Posted on 10 September 19 at 03:36
I am having similar issues. My current gamertag is BadBoi Snuggles. Your website is displaying the old gamertag which is very annoying. Obviously this is an Xbox issue. My console was probably put together by a bunch of monkeys.
NM
NM
Posted on 10 September 19 at 14:58
A couple weeks ago I changed my gamertag, and it is still yet to refresh on the site.

I have also requested updates.

I have changed my gamertag before and it changed instantly.

Please help!headspin
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 10 September 19 at 16:07
As said above, MS is having issues with the new GT system. They'll have to fix it before our scanners pick them up correctly. If we manually changed your gamertag right now, it would revert to what it is currently on your next scan.
See You Space Cowboy...
Poundy
Poundy
Posted on 11 September 19 at 06:31
Thanks for letting me know!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.