Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

What were they thinking?

AuthorMessage
Dizzy Shay
680,989 680,989 GamerScore
Dizzy Shay
Posted on 08 September 19 at 09:51
This game is the worst release since halo mcc. Did they decide to beat 343i for the title of worst day one release?
I don’t know what’s worse this or Boris Johnson 😕
I understand having bugs in games and slight server issues but not to this extent definitely from a studio that has the funding and back up from Microsoft.

This needs to stop, so far this generation most of the big titles have come out broken looking at you EA with your long list of games....
It’s not fair on the customers definitely if they’ve been looking forward to a release of their favourite franchise
There is a hell believe me I've seen it, there is a heaven lets keep it a secret
Msross
Msross
Posted on 08 September 19 at 10:52
So what exactly is so bad?

You've not stated anything specific there (other than perhaps 'slight server issues')

Worse than Halo MCC? Not by a long shot.. youve got near consistant performance depending on the mode being played, graphically some great touches.

The biggest bugbear when Ive played it on a different GT, is the loading times... And thats down to overall hardware than the bone or software specifically.

You should be concerned with the potenital for updates that will pull back in 'loot crates' after reviews are in.
supkris
supkris
Posted on 08 September 19 at 11:06
Frequent crashes, objectives not triggering too often and many random bugs. The game is good but these hiccups coming from such a high profile exclusive, we should be concerned
JungAndReckless
Posted on 08 September 19 at 14:15, Edited on 08 September 19 at 14:16 by JungAndReckless
supkris said:
Frequent crashes, objectives not triggering too often and many random bugs. The game is good but these hiccups coming from such a high profile exclusive, we should be concerned
Not sure what you are playing on, but I am in Act 2 of the campaign and level 33 in online modes and haven't experienced a crash or a bug on a standard Xbox One. I had a few minor server issues, but that's probably to be expected in many major game pass releases. Game pass=difficult to know how many players to expect on day 1.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 08 September 19 at 14:21
The MCC and ESO were worse at release but this has been very disappointing. Last night was the first time I was able to play for two hours without getting booted from the game. I’m assuming this is because of connection issues but I’m also missing collectibles I had picked up.
Mortaigne
Mortaigne
Posted on 08 September 19 at 16:24
I've only had server issues when playing MP. Campaign has been smooth and without any issues at all?
david10h
david10h
Posted on 08 September 19 at 16:38
I encountered bugs on campaign solo run. At first the save/checkpoint is displayed multiple times as I progress further on story mode, but the next day... I was 'undo' to few checkpoints back...and I have to re-play these again. Another time is after I got killed by juvies and I zap back to hundred miles away (in side mission mode), and the skiff went missing... I'm stuck...hit reload checkpoint and nothing happen, try to quit to menu....infinite loading....
I understood issues occured in MP...but campaign? They should have stick to the previous style when you want to play online co-op and you need to select from the menu, not forcing everyone creates lobby for single player.
supkris
supkris
Posted on 08 September 19 at 16:50
JungAndReckless said:
supkris said:
Not sure what you are playing on, but I am in Act 2 of the campaign and level 33 in online modes and haven't experienced a crash or a bug on a standard Xbox One. I had a few minor server issues, but that's probably to be expected in many major game pass releases. Game pass=difficult to know how many players to expect on day 1.
You must be really lucky then. I play on Xbox one x. My major issue is objectives not getting triggered. You quit and the game doesn’t save properly and doesn’t even go back to main menu and keeps showing loading page. Quit and restart the game and you need to play from previous checkpoint.
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 08 September 19 at 17:42, Edited on 08 September 19 at 17:43 by imaidiot19
My latest bug, even after quitting out and relaunching...well, the game crashed as I posted the tweet, and had to reload, but...still can't progress.

https://twitter.com/imaidiotWill/status/1170750766895837187

I had this, enemies not spawning as they should (which I think is the issue here...the second wave of enemies doesn't spawn), the computer guy didn't have an icon for me to click, another door didn't have the icon to kick earlier on, and several other crashes.

I love the game so far, but I think with this bug I am stuck.
Yes, I know I am.
david10h
david10h
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:30
It's official, I'm screwed. On the side mission where I found Lena frozen corpse and finish the mission tower next to it. And I drove the skiff to the place (east comm tower?) where you can input Lena's code to find the pod(?), And I was killed by juvies upon entering the room. Then ... I got zapped back to tower next to Lena's room...and skiff was hundred miles away... Can't walk because the game will not allow walking pass boundary. Can't redo any of these mission as it was completed. Restart checkpoint, restart previous checkpoint, reboot console, delete local save ... nothing works facepalm
Can't proceed further without skiff..... And I don't feel like restart the game since I'm on insane solo run... There's nightmares everywhere and I do not wish to repeat those......
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:46
Almost 3 days later and still can't play a horde match. Only completed one escape because I'm constantly getting kicked off. Had some issues and glitches in the campaign, but managed to complete it. Did not receive achievement for completing all acts. The whole game is broken, if you're not having an issue consider yourself lucky.
Mince lfc
Mince lfc
Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:01
rad fad said:
Almost 3 days later and still can't play a horde match. Only completed one escape because I'm constantly getting kicked off. Had some issues and glitches in the campaign, but managed to complete it. Did not receive achievement for completing all acts. The whole game is broken, if you're not having an issue consider yourself lucky.
I think this is by far the most broken game i have ever played, was looking forward to the campaign but had to rush through it as it was buggy as hell.. Still can barely play online without getting kicked plus lots of achievements stopped tracking. I don't know how AAA games can get released in this state...feel for anyone that bought ultimate edition
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:03
I've been having tracking issues with achievements as well as disconnects from Horde and Versus. In versus i've been getting kicked back to the main menu with an error about not being online or connected to gears services, but with horde, my character locks up while I can see everyone else still moving and then the game game crashes and kicks me back to the dashboard. On my 4th attempt at doing a 1-150 Horde match I finally made it through without the game crashing.

For the 100 executions on Retros, I was up to 40% last night, started playing today and the tracker showed 0%, then went up to 1% after my first execution for the day. I am 1 star away from becoming a Sergeant and I have yet to unlock the Corporal achievement, shows 50% in tracker and the Sergeant achievements shows me at 28%.
Dizzy Shay
680,989 680,989 GamerScore
Dizzy Shay
Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:15
I do love gears one of my favourite games but to release a broken game with the heavy advertising of game pass ultimate or to purchase the ultimate edition to play early is a slight piss take
There is a hell believe me I've seen it, there is a heaven lets keep it a secret
ninjaraiden2003
Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:36
Had one bug in the campaign where Niles pathing sent him around in circles and some achievement tracking has been buggy. Managed a 1-50 in horde yesterday but it's the only match I've played.

Spent all day today playing Escape which is pretty fun and addictive but this is where I've seen most issues. Random drops from matches and randomly dropping from the server needing a full relaunch to reconnect. Post match results being unable to be shown too but is fairly minor since the rewards are still given.

It's definitely got some teething issues which I think is mainly down to server issues. Don't think it's on the level of MCC's launch though, I remember not being able to do anything remotely online with that game for a while. Took ages for them to patch their matchmaking.

Fingers crossed they can fix it all up in this a bit the next two days since the game techincally hasn't even released yet, it's only out technically through those that have early access. Once it goes full launch on the 10th there going to be an influx of even more players.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 08 September 19 at 21:57, Edited on 08 September 19 at 21:58 by keoskey
Dizzy Shay said:
I do love gears one of my favourite games but to release a broken game with the heavy advertising of game pass ultimate or to purchase the ultimate edition to play early is a slight piss take
This early release is basically a second beta to fix stuff before the game releases for real of Wednesday.
Watch of the 10th we will get a so-called day one patch that will fix everything.
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
SammyDy
SammyDy
Posted on 08 September 19 at 22:18
I got booted from the game at wave 29 in a horde match. Played 3-4 other horde matches but that's it because of constant issues. Played escape and story mode instead but in story after some checkpoints my teammate got kicked out of my game. Escape went well until tonight when i played it for 3 hours and didn't get any XP or rewards for it. What the ****!!!! It's not real. This is so BAD really! Just problems with this game!!!
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 08 September 19 at 22:19
So on my issue, I had to use the 'restart previous checkpoint', instead of 'current' checkpoing, and it fixed my issue. It sucks to go back a bit, but at least it triggered my enemies and worked finally. Love the game, hate the bugs.
Yes, I know I am.
Kaizoku Umi
Kaizoku Umi
Posted on 08 September 19 at 22:30
Just uninstalled it. To think off it that i had high hopes in this game after gears judgement and gears 4 being a total mess. Worse that I payed money for a game to gain Early access Just to feel like a Stress test Player.
Tour of Duty medals Stuck. Stats, stuck. Achievement progress at campaign, stuck. Gaining XP, nah. Getting booted from lobbys or mid game? Hell Yeah. Its Just unplayable and i will probably never ever preorder any future gears game in my life. Since gears 3 its Just a big dissapointment
RockCiayton
RockCiayton
Posted on 09 September 19 at 09:56
Stop complaining im sure it will get fixed
rockciayton
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.