Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Question about ending *Spoilers* AHEAD

AuthorMessage
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 08 September 19 at 18:48
So they give you the option of saving either Del or JD, which leads me to ask, how will they incorporate that into the next game if some are saving Del and some are saving JD?
Hockey Ed
Hockey Ed
Posted on 08 September 19 at 19:53
I have a funny feeling both will be dead in the story by the time Gears 6 comes out. Unless they either decide on canon, record the player's first choice, decide based on the community's overall choice, or ask the player at the beginning of next game. Or, they take the Dallas approach: it's just a bad dream.
Hockey Ed (Formerly known as Hockyed)
Swole Spartan
Swole Spartan
Posted on 08 September 19 at 20:22
Prob make the canon ending, del dies jd lives.
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 08 September 19 at 21:00
Agreed I think they’ll do a canon death where Del dies and JD lives.
rad fad
rad fad
Posted on 08 September 19 at 21:20
So why even give the option? I mean if I decide to save Del and JD dies, and then I play the next game and JD is alive, makes no sense. I get it's just a game but still.
ShootEmUpSonic
Posted on 10 September 19 at 03:48
I think they will just carry your choice into the next game
but for real who didnt pick JD cant do that to Marcus
AnthroMetal
AnthroMetal
Posted on 10 September 19 at 14:49, Edited on 10 September 19 at 14:50 by AnthroMetal
Hockey Ed said:
I have a funny feeling both will be dead in the story by the time Gears 6 comes out. Unless they either decide on canon, record the player's first choice, decide based on the community's overall choice, or ask the player at the beginning of the next game. Or, they take the Dallas approach: it's just a bad dream.
Maybe they'll do a Wolfenstein 2 type of campaign. That'd be great for replayability but it's a HUGE undertaking. Maybe JD/Del comes back as some sort of swarm monster? SPECULATION IS FUN.
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 10 September 19 at 17:22
Either they'll make it so the survivor is written out, or plays a near inactive role in the next gears. Survivors guilt perhaps? it consumes them to dark times and they go for a long walk in a short hive?
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 12 September 19 at 00:10
It’s just like Walking Dead choices. They carry on into further games, could do something similar. And I assume with a smaller role either way.

In the moment I saved JD, thinking maybe whoever you save the other will get carried off or be saved in the cut scene anyway..
but boy did I then feel guilty..
Uh0h its Renaud
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:35
This sucked big time. I was crushed when I played this last night
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 12 September 19 at 22:55
I had Del screw me over a few times on my Iron Man Campaign twice by dying from pouncers which caused me hours of replaying so it felt excellent to watch him die. Lol. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.