Genre Discussion: ADIOS Amigos Forum

A messageboard for all things genres

ADIOS Amigos Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: ADIOS Amigos

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 09 September 19 at 05:16
Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
Information Posted on 09 September 19 at 05:16
Narcissist Code has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
This is the textbook definition of a roguelite. Permadeath, loads of RNG with virtually everything you do, every run starts with a new layout, persistence in the form of collectibles and game modes, etc.
KasugaSama
KasugaSama
Posted on 13 September 19 at 15:40
Roguelite has been added. Thanks for the disagreement, Narcissist! toast
Everything you do is a balloon.
Information Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:55
Narcissist Code has removed their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Information Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:59
Narcissist Code has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Oh, I'm a narcissist, alright. I do have one more addendum now that my colleagues and I have more experience with this game. This is not a platformer. As for what the appropriate genre should be to replace it (since I don't think a game can be roguelite on its own), I would suggest simulation. From an observer, one might guess survival because of the need to manage resources, but the only resource that actually needs managing is fuel, and there's a way to circumvent over-using fuel. I suggest simulation, because this game most closely resembles a space sim where you have to investigate planets within a solar system, find discoveries, travel to other planets, etc. There's also a decent focus on physics, so I think labeling this as a space sim roguelite is the most accurate possible descriptor.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.