Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Gameplay Chart: Gears 5 Storms into the Top 5

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 09 September 19 at 15:00
Gears 5 smashes onto the chart, knocking a few previously unchallenged titles down a peg

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Gameplay Chart: Gears 5 Storms into the Top 5
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 09 September 19 at 15:25, Edited on 09 September 19 at 15:26 by HawkeyeBarry20
I’m glad to see Gears do well, don’t think it will stay that high for long but 4 is a good starting position. I think Borderlands 3 will be just outside the top 10.
CrypticColors
Posted on 09 September 19 at 15:57
Really happy to see Gears 5 & Hitman!
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 09 September 19 at 16:11, Edited on 09 September 19 at 16:38 by Stinky Big Buds
Glad to see Gears so popular :) Very surprised to say the least I hope they sort out the obvious issues it has so it has a better chance of maintaining it's high standing. The Coalition better be working 24hrs on those servers, I'd be bitterly disappointed if they're not!

I think BL3 will be about 20ish because it's not on GP.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 09 September 19 at 16:20
I think Borderlands will be in the top 5. With Gears having several issues, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Borderlands come in ahead of Gears. We'll see.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 09 September 19 at 17:13
Oh look NBA 2k20 made it in the top 20 after all the fake outrage over gambling.
Xbox1,Switch,Ps4 Gamer.
GordonDogKing
GordonDogKing
Posted on 09 September 19 at 17:26
BL3 has had more hype than anything in a while, and has loads of dedicated fans, but many other players do not show much interest in the Borderlands "style". Top 15 maybe.
Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 09 September 19 at 17:49
I wonder if any of these new releases now and coming in the next few weeks can knock off Fortnite for a little bit
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 09 September 19 at 18:44
How is this "Fortnite" still on top? I understand that some games are able to keep consumer interest, and more importantly empty their wallet, but as far as I know the Battle Royale bandwagon has been falling off for a while. I don't see many of my friends playing it as much as they used to (except the kiddies of course).
On an unrelated note, why do I keep hearing that "Call Of Duty is dead?" People say that the games have been getting worse yet the franchise is good enough to stay in the top 40 for quite a while. It may not have as large a player base, say, Black Ops 2, but its far from dead. I could go on about what makes a game dead, but I will leave it here.
DubstepEdgelord
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 09 September 19 at 20:30
Even when there’s an offer of $2 for two months Game Pass, Gears 5 only managed fourth? Ha ha ha!

Let’s see how it goes after today’s/tomorrow’s “official release”, as some are claiming four days of early access doesn’t mean the game has to be finished and playable. /facepalm
pukem0nn
pukem0nn
Posted on 09 September 19 at 21:07
TrueAssassin86x said:
Oh look NBA 2k20 made it in the top 20 after all the fake outrage over gambling.
still 1 place under last years iteration, doesn't bode well for the publisher
Christoph 5782
Posted on 09 September 19 at 21:09
Yummy Baklava said:
Even when there’s an offer of $2 for two months Game Pass, Gears 5 only managed fourth? Ha ha ha!

Let’s see how it goes after today’s/tomorrow’s “official release”, as some are claiming four days of early access doesn’t mean the game has to be finished and playable. /facepalm
I mean do you expect anything to beat Fortnite and Minecraft? Minecraft has been a staple of the gaming world for a decade now and Fortnite....

Though it doesn't have the staying power like GTA or Siege and will probably fall down to the likes of P20-25 before the end of the year
Let's Go!
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 10 September 19 at 04:55
I’m always checking these to see which game finally knocks Fortnite off its perch. The quality of servers just aren’t there anymore and I find the challenges glitched quite often.
You child of a twon-ha!
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 10 September 19 at 17:36
Yummy Baklava said:

Maybe children don't like it that much? roll
They are clearly the majority of the playerbase.
LadyNova01
LadyNova01
Posted on 11 September 19 at 10:54
DubstepEdgelord said:
How is this "Fortnite" still on top? I understand that some games are able to keep consumer interest, and more importantly empty their wallet, but as far as I know the Battle Royale bandwagon has been falling off for a while. I don't see many of my friends playing it as much as they used to (except the kiddies of course).
On an unrelated note, why do I keep hearing that "Call Of Duty is dead?" People say that the games have been getting worse yet the franchise is good enough to stay in the top 40 for quite a while. It may not have as large a player base, say, Black Ops 2, but its far from dead. I could go on about what makes a game dead, but I will leave it here.
Well they are switching over to a new engine for the new game so maybe that made some people return to the franchise and pratice on some of the older games so they are back in the flow when the new one comes out.
I'm also wondering where you have heard the COD franchise is dead considering I hopped off the bus a few years back but from what I can tell at my local videogame store it still sells really well each year a new one comes out
Everybody wants to change the world, but no one wants to try
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.