Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Forza 6 Enters "End of Life" Status This Month

AuthorMessage
cenGii91
cenGii91
Posted on 10 September 19 at 22:19
Got all the achievements just a few weeks ago.
Completing all 5 Episodes and Showcases were awfully grindy. Took me over 200 hours for all of it. And i am not talking about the DLCs which were pretty easy.
I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 10 September 19 at 23:03
Guess I better knock out the MP stuff. I just recently started this.
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
MUFFINTAST1C
95,581 95,581 GamerScore
MUFFINTAST1C
Posted on 11 September 19 at 06:59
IRISH PATRIOT x said:
Guess I better knock out the MP stuff. I just recently started this.
Good luck! Servers are flakey, especially for Thru The Pack..Takes about an hour to actually get into a server with 24 people. Experienced this myself.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:30
A Dreadful Shot said:
Honestly it’s just laziness. Microsoft could easily renew the licenses without any detriment but they’re too busy working on the next gen console while letting the current gen and whole Xbox Live service go to shit. GG, Microsoft.
Is this a joke?
ClassierPompano
Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:33
XI AlphaMale IX said:
A Dreadful Shot said:
Honestly it’s just laziness. Microsoft could easily renew the licenses without any detriment but they’re too busy working on the next gen console while letting the current gen and whole Xbox Live service go to shit. GG, Microsoft.
Is this a joke?
No this is a joke:

Two guys are out hunting in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t appear to be breathing, his eyes are glazed over. The other man pulls out his phone with trembling fingers and calls 911. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says "Please stay calm. I will help you. First of all, let's make sure he's dead."

There’s a silence, then a gun shot. The guy gets back on the phone and says "OK, now what?"
Davyd Jr
Davyd Jr
Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:42
If anyone is wondering if any of the achievements. Be affected while it's almost the of end of FM6 s life span. the ones whats tied to community,those achievements will be affected. Along the way they ll become unobainable, soons as they d don't have enough space to keep purging the community servers. but actually multiplayer still be active like previous forza games.
D Longstaff
Falcon12727
Falcon12727
Posted on 11 September 19 at 22:23
Davyd Jr said:
If anyone is wondering if any of the achievements. Be affected while it's almost the of end of FM6 s life span. the ones whats tied to community,those achievements will be affected. Along the way they ll become unobainable, soons as they d don't have enough space to keep purging the community servers. but actually multiplayer still be active like previous forza games.
There are already 2 achievements tied to liveries and rivals that are discontinued and I'm not sure why TA hasn't flagged them already. Their twitter forum says they are disabled with no news of when theyll be up again.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 11 September 19 at 23:07
Falcon12727 said:
Davyd Jr said:
There are already 2 achievements tied to liveries and rivals that are discontinued and I'm not sure why TA hasn't flagged them already. Their twitter forum says they are disabled with no news of when theyll be up again.
They haven't been flagged because support carries on for a year after Forza games reach EOL, the logical assumption is that they will fix them in a few days time when the game is off GWG and thus there's guaranteed to be very few new players, they'll then purge the servers then the 100% will be obtainable until November 2020 most likely (going off FM5 anyway).
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
el p1nko
el p1nko
Posted on 12 September 19 at 18:23
I have played Forza Horizon 1 last year and there was also a similar design share achievement that was unobtainable for a long time but they did fix it at some point - and FH1 is way older than FM6.

Not defending T10 in any way, I think this is all ridiculous and unacceptable making stupid online achievements and then not making sure the servers are available and the achievements can actually be won, especially when the game goes GwG.

But at least it seems that they do fix things after a while even if the game is older.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 12 September 19 at 20:07
TheGillesMuller said:
Falcon12727 said:
Davyd Jr said:
They haven't been flagged because support carries on for a year after Forza games reach EOL, the logical assumption is that they will fix them in a few days time when the game is off GWG and thus there's guaranteed to be very few new players, they'll then purge the servers then the 100% will be obtainable until November 2020 most likely (going off FM5 anyway).
Irrelevant. Temporarily unobtainable achievements are typically still flagged as unobtainable or partially discontinued.
Rigpig1919
Rigpig1919
Posted on 13 September 19 at 23:38
They reach end of life due to licensing expiring. FM6 is in my opinion more enjoyable than 7 but both are great. All Forza Horizon games are still extremely playable despite some features being unavailable. If getting every achievement is important to you then stay current if not there is hours of great fun to be had for very little money.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 14 September 19 at 10:10
XI AlphaMale IX said:
TheGillesMuller said:
Falcon12727 said:
Davyd Jr said:
Irrelevant. Temporarily unobtainable achievements are typically still flagged as unobtainable or partially discontinued.
It would be partially discontinued for now as people with existing designs can still earn credits from them, I think it should still be left for a few more days as it leaves GWG shortly and should be fixed not long after.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 14 September 19 at 19:14, Edited on 14 September 19 at 19:20 by HolyHalfDead
Amazing how many people don’t understand licensing. If you own a brand, eg Master Chief, Batman, Warhammer, etc you are not going to accept a one off lump sum from someone else to make money from that brand “forever”, especially if they want the exclusive use of that brand.

Neither are you going to pay for that brand if the cost is twice what you can make from if. Yes Hotwheels maybe the coolest thing ever in a Forza game, and when you made $1,000,000 per year from it then it was worth paying the $100,000 per year license cost. But when your sales drop to $10,000 per year, you are not going to keep paying $100,000. A percentage may be acceptable, and Hotwheels would have been happy with 10% at the start, but when that means they are only getting $1,000 per year, they will consider if that is worth it for the use of their brand.

It also amazes me how many people think Microsoft is always responsible for everything - “why do Microsoft never put COD DLC on sale”. If we were discussing why Microsoft weren’t allowing the use of Master Chief in a PlayStation exclusive FPS anymore, that is something you could have a go at Microsoft about.

I’ve been enjoying Marvel on Netflix, but now Marvel want to make their money from their brand elsewhere there is nothing Netflix can do about it. You cannot blame Netflix (aka Microsoft), you should be blaming Marvel (aka Porsche). Now Netflix have Stranger Things so which can’t be taken away from them.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Rich swv1
Rich swv1
Posted on 15 September 19 at 14:33
Think I'll play a bit and see if it's worth trying to finish it off.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:31
HolyHalfDead said:
Amazing how many people don’t understand licensing. If you own a brand, eg Master Chief, Batman, Warhammer, etc you are not going to accept a one off lump sum from someone else to make money from that brand “forever”, especially if they want the exclusive use of that brand.

Neither are you going to pay for that brand if the cost is twice what you can make from if. Yes Hotwheels maybe the coolest thing ever in a Forza game, and when you made $1,000,000 per year from it then it was worth paying the $100,000 per year license cost. But when your sales drop to $10,000 per year, you are not going to keep paying $100,000. A percentage may be acceptable, and Hotwheels would have been happy with 10% at the start, but when that means they are only getting $1,000 per year, they will consider if that is worth it for the use of their brand.

It also amazes me how many people think Microsoft is always responsible for everything - “why do Microsoft never put COD DLC on sale”. If we were discussing why Microsoft weren’t allowing the use of Master Chief in a PlayStation exclusive FPS anymore, that is something you could have a go at Microsoft about.

I’ve been enjoying Marvel on Netflix, but now Marvel want to make their money from their brand elsewhere there is nothing Netflix can do about it. You cannot blame Netflix (aka Microsoft), you should be blaming Marvel (aka Porsche). Now Netflix have Stranger Things so which can’t be taken away from them.
Really companies just need to stop connecting achievements to licensed content, so Microsoft is still to be held accountable.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:46
HolyHalfDead said:
Amazing how many people don’t understand licensing.
People here understand how it works. But how it's done is just anti-consumer.

If you have it on disc you can still play it or buy it used or new in a store. The digital stuff is gone forever. It's like with digital games. You don't "own" them, you just buy a license. Same with physical media but at least you have it on disc and can play it anytime. Doesn't matter whether the marketplace is still online or not.

Same with piracy. Blocked in my country due to some weird licensing methods? I'll pirate it. Crunchyroll for example has way less shows here in germany because other companies own the license. I can bypass it with a VPN or simply pirate it.

What I want to say is: Licensing and the internet doesn't work well together. At least for the consumer. I can still fire up GT on my PS2 and enjoy all the brands and cars. FM5? Gone forever. The latter one has a negative impact on the customer, the first one not. And that's what people care and complain about. Everyone understands the reason but that doesn't change the fact that it's stupid. And it's even worse with music in movies and shows if different countries have different companies who hold the rights to it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.