Game Discussion: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Forum

Not digging MGS: Peace Walker HD cut scenes...

AuthorMessage
Shinerbock88
Shinerbock88
Posted on 13 November 11 at 06:33
Questions: Anyone playing this or played it? Are all cut scenes done in motion comic style? I don't know what this is called, but "motion comic" seems to best describe it.

Useless info:

I'm just going to grab one achievement in it as part of my late Bean Dive. So far all the cut scenes have been motion comics. Motion comics are cool if done in moderation, and they have their place, but not in MGS... I would much rather see the great cut scene style like we had in past MGS games, but so far the motion comic is all I've seen. I hope this changes... It won't make or break the game for me by any means and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game as I have past MGS games.

The best motion comics I've seen were from the first Dead Space. There were some prequel stories done in a 6 or 8 part series that were free to download from XBL. They were done very well.
2nd Annual Bean Dive starting July 7, 2011. Join the fun and save your games until then if you can!
DuDeACiD
DuDeACiD
Posted on 14 November 11 at 22:33
i'm not sure. planning on picking this up myself. something you have to remember is that this is from the psp
Shinerbock88
Shinerbock88
Posted on 15 November 11 at 12:27
DuDeACiD said:
i'm not sure. planning on picking this up myself. something you have to remember is that this is from the psp
Ahh ok. That explains a lot. I didn't know it was ported from the PSP. I've only played a small part of it, but what I've played so far is pretty darn good and worth buying as you get MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker all in one in the HD collection. Cut scenes don't make or break a game for me, so it's likely still going to be a great game. I'd love to see some actual cutscenes rather than motion comic though... hehe.

Thanks for the info!
2nd Annual Bean Dive starting July 7, 2011. Join the fun and save your games until then if you can!
Solario32
Solario32
Posted on 15 November 11 at 12:30
Never knew that it was ported from the PSP either.
Shinerbock88
Shinerbock88
Posted on 15 November 11 at 22:40
Solario32 said:
Never knew that it was ported from the PSP either.
See? I bring knowledge to people without even trying in my threads. Therefore everyone should reply! haha.
DuDeACiD
DuDeACiD
Posted on 16 November 11 at 14:55
Shinerbock88 said:
DuDeACiD said:
Ahh ok. That explains a lot. I didn't know it was ported from the PSP. I've only played a small part of it, but what I've played so far is pretty darn good and worth buying as you get MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker all in one in the HD collection. Cut scenes don't make or break a game for me, so it's likely still going to be a great game. I'd love to see some actual cutscenes rather than motion comic though... hehe.

Thanks for the info!
yeah i've been drooling over this game since it came out so i wanted to find out what editions of the games that were going to be on it.

found two videos on youtube. they are KONAMI's videos. first one is a launch trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=470U3pvYiQw
second one is about peace walker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAJoTvq8Ig
anybody interested in the game should watch or if your not convinced to buy still.
RJ LCSW
RJ LCSW
Posted on 08 March 12 at 16:57
When are they going to get rid of button mashing torture scenes in Metal Gear games? Don't mind the rest of them, doesn't make or break.
Timutimu
Timutimu
Posted on 01 May 12 at 20:38
RJ LCSW said:
When are they going to get rid of button mashing torture scenes in Metal Gear games? Don't mind the rest of them, doesn't make or break.
Yeah, haha, so true! Don't even know why they put these in here. Spend 99% being sneaky, and then a stupid sequence where you have to mash furiously. Whaaaaaaaa?
Yup, yup that S41+ looks like a Toupee
Shinerbock88
Shinerbock88
Posted on 02 May 12 at 06:47
timutimu said:
RJ LCSW said:
Yeah, haha, so true! Don't even know why they put these in here. Spend 99% being sneaky, and then a stupid sequence where you have to mash furiously. Whaaaaaaaa?
I don't know when you played the first MGS, but back when it came out, putting the PSX controller on your arm for a massage was pretty neat. The massage didn't work, but that was hi-tech back then. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't anything special, but it did bring a smile to my face and think, "that was kinda cool..."

But, yeah, they need to get over these scenes lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.