Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Puking Monkey Interrupts Sea of Thieves Update Stream — Pets and Emotes Coming Tomorrow

AuthorMessage
Canezza
Canezza
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:19
Poor Antonio.

Please click here to read the story: Puking Monkey Interrupts Sea of Thieves Update Stream — Pets and Emotes Coming Tomorrow
Dynamite Andy
Dynamite Andy
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:27, Edited on 10 September 19 at 12:27 by Dynamite Andy
Handled that monkey sick like a champ laugh
SantaUndercover
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:32
And there it is after a year: microtransactions.
Maverick Hiro
Maverick Hiro
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:34, Edited on 10 September 19 at 12:36 by Maverick Hiro
Reminded me of that glorious E3 showcase of Rayman's Raving Rabbids for Wii a decade or so ago. Ubisoft let loose a bunch of bunnies on the stage, who then procceded to shit all over the place. By the time the overall presentation finished, long after Rayman's left the stage, there was still a few pieces of habbit feces lying around. lmao

In the end, bringing animals to live presentations is rarely a good idea. Just a silly gimmick anyway.
"The fear of Blood tends to create fear for the Flesh"
Tveilor
Tveilor
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:48
SantaUndercover said:
And there it is after a year: microtransactions.
This was known however since before launch. They said monetization will be cosmetic items if that were ever added.
Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:51
They've earned microtransactions, in my opinion. There have been so many (very big) updates since launch, that the game is finally what it was supposed to be at launch. I've never had so much fun for so long in an AAA game, ever.

If they add dogs to the available pets, I might even buy one! dance
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 10 September 19 at 12:54
I have the same reaction as the monkey when reading people's justification of microtransactions.
I Boz l
I Boz l
Posted on 10 September 19 at 13:00
Monkey's reaction when discovered which game they were talking about. 100% legit laugh
BloodyCurse
BloodyCurse
Posted on 10 September 19 at 13:11
his name is RAAAAALPH man
billbillbill
billbillbill
Posted on 10 September 19 at 13:31
Redanian said:
I have the same reaction as the monkey when reading people's justification of microtransactions.
"And while we're at it, I'm not fully convinced I should have to actually buy video-games in the first place. If creators truly cared for their art they'd put expression above all else and just gimme the thing for free."
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 10 September 19 at 13:46, Edited on 10 September 19 at 13:59 by SheBeatsYou
Even monkeys hate microtransactions 😆 Seriously thou where is my BOT mode common RARE I wanna play this game bad but I'm only gonna do it solo need my BOT crew baby!

PS i dont think that is a monkey. They are similar to a marmoset. I just took my kids to the zoo n the guide was giving us shit for calling them monkeys LOL.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 10 September 19 at 14:41, Edited on 10 September 19 at 14:42 by Seitzz
27:45 in the video if anyone's wondering and didn't read through the article. Priceless reactions.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 10 September 19 at 15:46
billbillbill said:
Redanian said:
"And while we're at it, I'm not fully convinced I should have to actually buy video-games in the first place. If creators truly cared for their art they'd put expression above all else and just gimme the thing for free."
There we go, just been sick again. 🤢
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 10 September 19 at 16:13
billbillbill said:
Redanian said:
Nothing's free in waterworld!
Head in the clouds,...But I can't see the Lord
Darthchewee
Darthchewee
Posted on 10 September 19 at 17:21
Puking monkey emote confirmed
racecaraz
racecaraz
Posted on 10 September 19 at 17:32
They need to monetize to continue development. It’s not pay to win, randomized loot boxes, or gambling. It’s pay this amount if you want this item. I have no issue with this type of cosmetic micro transactions.

I never would have watched any part of the video if it weren’t for a barfing monkeys. Marketing win.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 10 September 19 at 17:39
Darthchewee said:
Puking monkey emote confirmed
laugh
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Kexol
Kexol
Posted on 10 September 19 at 19:05
The other developers didnt know what to say lol. Excited to buy a monkey but I have to wonder...do gold/dubloons translate to ancient coins?
Cower Before me
Posted on 10 September 19 at 20:37, Edited on 10 September 19 at 20:38 by Cower Before me
If you don’t like the micro transactions don’t buy them? They are purely cosmetic and not loot boxes, no one is forcing you to buy them. Plus this is a permanent games pass game and is one sale like every month, the devs probably need some income to keep the updates coming.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 10 September 19 at 21:49
Cower Before me said:
If you don’t like the micro transactions don’t buy them? They are purely cosmetic and not loot boxes, no one is forcing you to buy them. Plus this is a permanent games pass game and is one sale like every month, the devs probably need some income to keep the updates coming.
Its like when you go to a bar, you don't buy everything that's on their menu, you can go in there, take a look, if you don't like it you don't buy it. Iv spent money on certain beers that cost more than some games I got, let alone cosmetic items if id ever buy those, in this case, that pippi longstockings monkey is just awesome. Basically those beers work cosmetic eventually , cause your gonna gain weight if you don't watch out. and a 6 euro beer is gone when your finished, this monkey, I don't know what they will charge for it, I guess 3-5 euro? well, you still get a monkey for it, while that beer, became piss, on somebodys wall
Head in the clouds,...But I can't see the Lord
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.