Game Discussion: Dead Cells

Achievements unlocking incorrectly

• FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,535,710
    Posted on 10 September 19 at 18:43
    Hello everyone, has anyone else had issues with achievements unlocking incorrectly? I got an achievement "Never Fallen" upon loading the game which I should not have, I also unlocked the achievement for beating the boss without taking a hit... But I definetly took a lot of hits and I didn't get the achievement for beating the boss. Then when I reached the castle, I didn't unlock that respective achievement but got an achievement for collecting 4 Boss stem cells? I've also not had the Ram ability achievement unlock. Very strange facepalm
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • SuperJontySuperJonty300,582
    Posted on 10 September 19 at 19:53
    Just had a few random ones unlock just now - maybe the new patch isn't working as it should.
  • Posted on 10 September 19 at 20:13
    Same story here, except I got "I like to live dangerously" instead of "Never Fallen" (already got that one). Also got "Even the rats avoid the place..." instead of "Faster than light!"

New update has definitely screwed something up.
  • El PerplexoEl Perplexo1,141,946
    Posted on 10 September 19 at 23:27
    Got the same chievos erroneously pop up. There is a new update being pushed right now which will hopefully fix this
  • Posted on 10 September 19 at 23:41
    Same thing here. I also got the achievement for finishing the game with four boss stem cells active, when I haven't even actually acquired any. Hope they fix this soon, I'd like the achievements to unlock properly.
    Posted on 10 September 19 at 23:48
    I doubt they'll remove any achievements unlocked unfairly, not sure if they can do that, although I'm in the same boat in that I'd prefer to know I've actually earned them. My other concern is whether I'll have to start a new game or save file rather for achievements I've now technically missed.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,203,607
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 01:29, Edited on 11 September 19 at 01:43 by EarthboundX
    Yeah, I just had I like to live dangerously…pop on it's own after launching the game after getting the new patch. That's the one for beating the game with The Cursed Sword.

Still gonna try to do that when I go for the no hits though. I want to earn that achievement for real.

Guess I'll move onto another game for now, until this is confirmed fixed.
  • XellizXelliz369,762
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 02:28, Edited on 11 September 19 at 02:48 by Xelliz
    Got Bend the knee? I think not… immediately after update and Never Fallen at some point after.
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 04:59
    Since the update I got the achievement for beating the Boss I mentioned earlier, but I got this upon reaching their arena and not after beating them. Still not been given the Ram Rune achievement
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 07:05
    Wait, was there more than one recent update? The only one I know about was close to a gig.
  • RemekiRemeki3,391,885
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:52
    EarthboundX said:
    Wait, was there more than one recent update? The only one I know about was close to a gig.
    Yeah, there was a tiny 23 MB update released a bit after the original update. Not sure what it did, as it didn’t fix this issue with premature unlocks.
  • Agent FritzAgent Fritz835,906
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 16:53
    Update 1.4 was buggy on the Windows 10 version, can't believe they didn't pull it before it went live on Xbox.
  • PK84xDPK84xD1,207,292
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 17:06
    I unlocked "Let's get down to the nitty gritty..." and "Deft extraction" during 1 Boss Stem Cell run. But "Faster than light!" didn't unlocked for me, and I've tried 2 times :/ Both after 23mb patch
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 18:02
    Yeah I've reached the castle and beat the boss there but none of this achievements popped, yet I've unlocked the Nitty Gritty achievement. GG
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 21:07
    Remeki said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Yeah, there was a tiny 23 MB update released a bit after the original update. Not sure what it did, as it didn’t fix this issue with premature unlocks.
    Oh OK, well I have already deleted the game at this point. I've only played a few hours, gonna come back to it when it's fixed and they are done adding in new content.
  • Posted on 11 September 19 at 21:28
    It's messed up on Windows 10, I didn't know xbox was bad as well
  • Rickr304Rickr3041,112,353
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 22:42
    Beat the game today with 3 boss cells active, and didn't get the achievement.

I hope they fix this and it unlocks retroactively.
    For now, though, I'll shelve the game until I hear news of a fix.

I would caution against playing this for now if you're a completionist.
    Having the 4th boss cells unlock early may be nice, but if I'm glitched out of a LEGIT achievement I earned, its not worth it.
    Posted on 11 September 19 at 23:44
    HotSaucerman II said:
    It's messed up on Windows 10, I didn't know xbox was bad as well
    Was the Windows 10 version always messed up? Or was it this latest patch as well?
  • shirleynautshirleynaut1,329,185
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 07:38, Edited on 12 September 19 at 11:54 by shirleynaut
    For what it's worth, I'll add my Xbox experience here too. Edit: Got another. I'm just gonna add any others I get to this list instead of making a new post.

I got Bend the knee? I think not... at a random game load, without ever having reached Guardian's Haven.
    I got Blade Master at the start of my 2nd visit to Clock Tower, without ever having reached the "Time Keeper."
    I got Never fallen for getting the Ram's Rune, without ever having finished the game, and didn't get La Brute.
    I got The Dance at the start of my 1st visit to Clock Room, without ever having reached the "Time Keeper," and didn't get High drama.
  • Vr EnglishVr English811,016
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 08:20
    We'll keep this going.

I got the The Dance when I should have got beating the Time Keeper for the first time. Got a lot of crazy high end ones when I hit the later stages of the game and beat the final boss but don't have the original achievements yet.

100 cells lost worked fine though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads