Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Squad Tactic Discussion

AuthorMessage
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 20 September 19 at 21:20
JamP0und32 said:
Momiji said:
I'm constantly between 2150 and 2350 now and its pissing me off nothing but whales that at best I can draw with and when I do get what should be a fair match their load out completely counters mine. I dont know how people have level 7 golds an multiple at that and cheaters seem to been rampant this close to gold, lag switching and spamming of high cost troops back to back.

I just want gold done if any of you see me just let me win please I suffered enough lol
If I see you again I’ll lose, the match against you got me my gold.
I saw that and spammed ready up hoping to run into you again but nope a level 14 cry
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 11:54
Momiji said:
JamP0und32 said:
Momiji said:
I'm constantly between 2150 and 2350 now and its pissing me off nothing but whales that at best I can draw with and when I do get what should be a fair match their load out completely counters mine. I dont know how people have level 7 golds an multiple at that and cheaters seem to been rampant this close to gold, lag switching and spamming of high cost troops back to back.

I just want gold done if any of you see me just let me win please I suffered enough lol
I saw that and spammed ready up hoping to run into you again but nope a level 14 cry
Well done on beating me though to get there, I think out of our 4 games it was 1-3 to you.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 21 September 19 at 12:18
Elyoh said:
Momiji said:
JamP0und32 said:
Momiji said:

Well done on beating me though to get there, I think out of our 4 games it was 1-3 to you.
I almost choked that last game so bad knowing it's all I needed, I tried to find you again since I've only found the same 3 or 4 players today but no luck. Think I'm just gonna leave this til reset now and hope the gold rewards are worthwhile
Ra1D3nHUN
Ra1D3nHUN
Posted on 21 September 19 at 15:43
absoluteHELL said:
So I was able to get to Gold without spending any money. I would say though that I spent an hour or so everyday on the game since it launched.

I was able to reach Gold with the following team

Level 9
Carmine lvl 8
Reyna lvl 4
Lancer lvl 10
Sentinel lvl 6
Old Man Marcus lvl 1
Locust Drone lvl 9
Ink Grenade lvl 10
Shepards lvl 10

Not the emergency hole (forgot the name) lvl 2

I was stuck in the 2200s until I changed Cole for Reyna and the Savage Grenadier for the Sentinel.

The Sentinel is what allows you to beat teams that have higher units than you. It'll save your Carmine and allow him to run from one end to the other.
I highly appreciate your recommendation! This build flew me from low silver straight to the gold league. Now I can rest and finally enjoy the game :) Now I can demote myself to a rank which is much more enjoyable and slowly work towards the grindy achievements. Again, BIG THANKS to you! :)
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 18:57
Momiji said:
I almost choked that last game so bad knowing it's all I needed, I tried to find you again since I've only found the same 3 or 4 players today but no luck. Think I'm just gonna leave this til reset now and hope the gold rewards are worthwhile
I'm Gold now as well, my last needed match was unfortunately nothing great to speak of. Really shows that it is getting easier as time goes on, although there will always be difficult players sprinkled throughout.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 22 September 19 at 08:14
I have just reached 2088 cogs after a 5 win streak (including 4 draws) after immense concentration of never letting them get a sniff at my base

Please if anyone sees my on the way down from gold can you give me a walkover!

I feel so close but so far!
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN
Posted on 22 September 19 at 18:15
Just hit gold league!!! rock

I havent spent a single penny on this game.

I am a lvl 9
My squad i used if it helps anybody

Marcus lvl 3
Dom lvl 3
Grenadier lvl 10
Snub soldiers lvl 10
Lancer crew lvl 6
Carmine lvl 6
Shepards lvl 10
Frag lvl 10
Emergence hole lvl 3

All i can say is, learn how to counter the enemie/when to place certain troops.

Best pins together are
Dom & carmine
And if you captured half the field then these two always destroy a turret no matter what.
Lancer crew & emergence hole on turret.

Good hunting boys i hope the above helps as a low level like me beating lvl 11's and 12's its worth it.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 22 September 19 at 19:44, Edited on 22 September 19 at 19:45 by DubstepEdgelord
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN said:

I am a lvl 9

Marcus lvl 3
Dom lvl 3
Grenadier lvl 10
Snub soldiers lvl 10
Lancer crew lvl 6
Carmine lvl 6
Shepards lvl 10
Frag lvl 10
Emergence hole lvl 3

Best pins together are
Dom & carmine
And if you captured half the field then these two always destroy a turret no matter what.

Good hunting boys i hope the above helps as a low level like me beating lvl 11's and 12's its worth it.
Cool too see that you can make Marcus work, I don't really use him since I have not been able to use him effectively. I use the Ink Grenade preferably, and even though they kind of nerfed it, it costs 3 now so I feel more inclined to use it. But wow, only level 9? I am level 6 struggling in low bronze.
DubstepEdgelord
jan0bi
jan0bi
Posted on 22 September 19 at 20:03
Im stuck in bronze league, I cannot seem to make it out.

Do all of you play regardless of winning boxes? I mean, if you're boxes are full do you continue to try and win cogs?
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 22 September 19 at 20:26
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN said:

I am a lvl 9

Marcus lvl 3
Dom lvl 3
Grenadier lvl 10
Snub soldiers lvl 10
Lancer crew lvl 6
Carmine lvl 6
Shepards lvl 10
Frag lvl 10
Emergence hole lvl 3

Best pins together are
Dom & carmine

I can’t make this work at all

Fancy going into more detail?

Do you split the lancer crew? Who are the main pieces you use for capturing cover and defending?

Marcus always seems to lose to a drone

I was stuck at 2088 and tried this and have dropped to 1903 and I can’t work out how to use it
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN
Posted on 22 September 19 at 21:14
@phil the bear

Tactics i always used.

If possible start with snub soldiers split in the middle
Then if you have carmine and dom lined up wait till power bar is 7
Spawn dom far back
As soon as bar hits 5 spawn carmine right behind him (this should if worked right be able to kill all opponents pins infront with carmines special and dom heal keeping both pins alive
Take out the otherside pins by spawning your extra pins when they are damaging your turret.
By now you should have half the middle field yours and either 1 opponents dead turret or half dead.
You should be able to spawn emergence hole/ lancer crew on the half dead turret. Spawn emergence hole first, then lancer crew as this will kill turret and all surrounding enemies.
You can either just survive on the clock or try and kill 2nd turret.

If you spawn with either lancer crew, marcus or grenadier, i would recommend take your covers 1 with marcus, 1 with grenadier and slowly build up for dom and carmine.

I see you mentioned drone was too powerful, let the drone come to your turret or if they spawn another pin to take the cover with it, throw a grenade on it and it should deal 90% damage and let your turret kill it off.

Marcus will always lose a 1v1 with drone but best time to use him if when your bar starts replenishing faster, save up till 8 bars, spawn dom, then carmine then half way down them walking the path spawn marcus/ lancer crew behind them to kill everything infront.

I hope this helps i really do.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 22 September 19 at 21:23
Dom/Carmine I found really easy to combat, personally. Before the update it was a serious force to be reckoned with, but after it Dom just doesn't have the health.

Good job on making it work.
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 23 September 19 at 00:14
I finally reached 3000 COGs just now!

My Tank n Spank squad took me all the way to 2950ish, but then I ran into a person named IN YOUR KOOLO 9 (it was a gamertag, but I couldn’t find it on Xbox Live for some reason...) and that person beat me twice in a row with a good strategy to kill my rushes while taking the field and overwhelming me.

Frustrating to lose and be so close to a goal? Of course it was, but I did what I’ve been telling people to do on here, which was learn from the battle!

I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine and copied his strat, with a few minor tweaks, and beat him twice in a row, which put me at 3,012 COGs!

Very happy right now smile
Resident Evil junkie
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 23 September 19 at 07:32
Fr0ZenCaVeMaN said:
@phil the bear

Tactics i always used.

If possible start with snub soldiers split in the middle
Then if you have carmine and dom lined up wait till power bar is 7
Spawn dom far back
As soon as bar hits 5 spawn carmine right behind him (this should if worked right be able to kill all opponents pins infront with carmines special and dom heal keeping both pins alive
Take out the otherside pins by spawning your extra pins when they are damaging your turret.
By now you should have half the middle field yours and either 1 opponents dead turret or half dead.
You should be able to spawn emergence hole/ lancer crew on the half dead turret. Spawn emergence hole first, then lancer crew as this will kill turret and all surrounding enemies.
You can either just survive on the clock or try and kill 2nd turret.

If you spawn with either lancer crew, marcus or grenadier, i would recommend take your covers 1 with marcus, 1 with grenadier and slowly build up for dom and carmine.

I see you mentioned drone was too powerful, let the drone come to your turret or if they spawn another pin to take the cover with it, throw a grenade on it and it should deal 90% damage and let your turret kill it off.

Marcus will always lose a 1v1 with drone but best time to use him if when your bar starts replenishing faster, save up till 8 bars, spawn dom, then carmine then half way down them walking the path spawn marcus/ lancer crew behind them to kill everything infront.

I hope this helps i really do.
I can’t get the Dom / Carmine thing to work at all. I used to use it all the time before the nerf. And even with a level 4 and 7 version of them Dom just never gets his head off before dying.

I’ve swapped them for hammer and Cole and that seems to work ok.

It’s silly because I have the exact same or better level units than yours but I can’t get it right!

I either swarm and destroy turret 1 in the first minute, defend and win. Or I just seem to get pinned back and never able to move past the first point of cover.

I’m doing the yo - yo again at the moment. Was 2090. Went down to 1900. Now back to silver and just over 2000.

As is the case for someone not spending real money, I’ve run out of game money. So I’m either going to get to gold by attrition or miss out.

Really hope I can somehow get there so I can play around in bronze or lower forever more!
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 23 September 19 at 14:45
Phil the Bear said:
I have the exact same or better level units than yours but I can’t get it right!
Indeed, just having the Pins doesn't mean a thing unless you know the strategy as well.

Keep in mind, Phil, that the season is over in about a week. If you don't hit Gold by then, you'll be dropped to 1599 COGs shock
Resident Evil junkie
Darkroder92
123,435 123,435 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 23 September 19 at 15:11
Lambent Lail said:
I finally reached 3000 COGs just now!

My Tank n Spank squad took me all the way to 2950ish, but then I ran into a person named IN YOUR KOOLO 9 (it was a gamertag, but I couldn’t find it on Xbox Live for some reason...) and that person beat me twice in a row with a good strategy to kill my rushes while taking the field and overwhelming me.

Frustrating to lose and be so close to a goal? Of course it was, but I did what I’ve been telling people to do on here, which was learn from the battle!

I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine and copied his strat, with a few minor tweaks, and beat him twice in a row, which put me at 3,012 COGs!

Very happy right now smile
I remember playing with you helped me to get 5 win streak twice thx for that if we ever get matched together please let me win
$True Gaming $
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 23 September 19 at 15:50
Lambent Lail said:
Phil the Bear said:
I have the exact same or better level units than yours but I can’t get it right!
Indeed, just having the Pins doesn't mean a thing unless you know the strategy as well.

Keep in mind, Phil, that the season is over in about a week. If you don't hit Gold by then, you'll be dropped to 1599 COGs shock
You don’t need to remind me!

I’m literally losing sleep over this game!

I’m now 2114

I think I have 8 days to make up 280 cogs

It is ridiculous how desperate I’m becoming to do this
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 23 September 19 at 18:22, Edited on 23 September 19 at 18:25 by Lambent Lail
Darkroder92 said:
I remember playing with you helped me to get 5 win streak twice thx for that if we ever get matched together please let me win
You're welcome! Though, admittedly, I don't remember your tag. If I let you win by not playing any Pins, then I wasn't paying attention to the screen at all while de-ranking redface

I don't think we will be getting matched together before the season is over. I'm sitting on 3079 COGs right now and don't plan on de-ranking below Gold again since the season is close to being over.

Phil the Bear said:
You don’t need to remind me! I’m literally losing sleep over this game! I’m now 2114. I think I have 8 days to make up 280 cogs. It is ridiculous how desperate I’m becoming to do this
You got this! Just put on "The Final Countdown" every time you play and really pump yourself up! rock
Resident Evil junkie
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 23 September 19 at 22:32
Phil the Bear said:
You don’t need to remind me! I’m literally losing sleep over this game! I’m now 2114. I think I have 8 days to make up 280 cogs. It is ridiculous how desperate I’m becoming to do this
You got this! Just put on "The Final Countdown" every time you play and really pump yourself up! rock

Well I got to 2200 and then I broke the cardinal rule of not playing over and over and some people got their revenge and I’m back to 2152.

But still a little further forward.

7 days to get 248 cogs

So I need to gain 35 cogs a day

I think that’s doable as long as there are less people with level 9 gnasher gang! (How do you counter those!) and more people who don’t seem to defend emergence hole
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 23 September 19 at 23:36
Hammer gnasher squads or use sentinel
Everything has a counter
Too many games not enough time
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.