Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Will Release Two Exclusive Physical Editions of Apex Legends

AuthorMessage
BulbAssured
Posted on 11 September 19 at 10:23
The editions include exclusive skins, banners, and Apex Coins

Please click here to read the story: EA Will Release Two Exclusive Physical Editions of Apex Legends
B0WM4NX
B0WM4NX
Posted on 11 September 19 at 10:26
Actually extremely cool, I imagine a bunch of people will be buying both.
-Murder for The Crows-
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 11 September 19 at 10:38
If I were to buy one I’d get the lifeline one just based on my playtime in apex and I did like the flatline(I think that’s what it was called) when I did play this.
PSYCHADELICACE
Posted on 11 September 19 at 10:59
They are just glorified microtransactions
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:01
Why have you called them exclusive?
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Vinn nniV
Vinn nniV
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:16
Elyoh said:
Yep...

Are they “exclusive to stores”? You can’t download them
Its Uncle Kev
Its Uncle Kev
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:20
I can’t tell. Are those steel books or no. I would assume no on pricing but I could be wrong
w4rdy
w4rdy
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:38
Vinn nniV said:
Elyoh said:
Yep...

From the descriptions it seems like they contain exclusive cosmetics that you can only get by buying these physical editions
Jdobem
Jdobem
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:45
I'm confused, are there statues included?
Description says nothing but pictures look like real statues.
J
aristeia
aristeia
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:54
Jdobem said:
I'm confused, are there statues included?
Description says nothing but pictures look like real statues.
Nope, from the thumbnail on the news article I saw I thought it looked like they were releasing statues/actions figures that included an in game skin. But it is just 1 legend skin, 1 gun skin, 1 banner, 1 badge and 1,000 coins.

And I guess a disc copy of a free to play digital game?
aristeia
Anoki
Anoki
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:59
This is what we've come to...? Free-to-play games with physical (PAID) versions. This is absolutely stupid. It's bad enough how much skins in these Free-To-Play games are (I get that they are free-to-play and I don't have to actually buy anything). But to then go beyond that and make exclusive skins that can only be obtainable from a physical version of your "All Digital" game. I would love to meet the people over at RESPAWN who actually thought this was a good idea.

I'm seriously dumbfounded at the moment.
Ingen kommentar
Ingen kommentar
Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:54
Really can't see anything wrong with this. They made a huge success with this game and it is totally free. Then they decide to do this. If there are ppl out there, that are willing to buy/pay for this, well be my guest, i for one would not. But just because i'm not interested in this, doesn't say anything about how others feels about this.
Ingen Kommentar
BadTriangle
BadTriangle
Posted on 11 September 19 at 14:51
Anoki said:
I would love to meet the people over at RESPAWN who actually thought this was a good idea.
Let's be real, its EA pushing this crap.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 11 September 19 at 15:02
BadTriangle said:
Anoki said:
I would love to meet the people over at RESPAWN who actually thought this was a good idea.
Let's be real, its EA pushing this crap.
^This.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Triple Triad777
Triple Triad777
Posted on 11 September 19 at 15:03
As someone who has spent literally 3 weeks playing this game since its launch (I've pretty much stopped achievement hunting and mainly have played this) I would love to get the lifeline pack! She is my main character (have around 1600 kills with her....smile). I understand why respawn did this, this game has held its popularity, and it gives fans the ability to have something from the game.
Additionally, this game being free shouldn't dictate if respawn releases a physical game with additional content. Other companies have been doing this for years. Look at GTA 5 shark cards, call of duty season passes, gears of war limited edition controllers/consoles. Other games have taken huge amount of money with additional content, so I dont see why a free game offering phyiscal content is so far fetched. It's not like they will make you pay for the game if you dont get this pack...rant over lol.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 11 September 19 at 17:32, Edited on 11 September 19 at 17:37 by Stinky Big Buds
So you don't get the statues?!? That's a very misleading picture almost shamefull lol. It looks like you get a statue and some other little physical goodies in there, without those it is literally as someone has already stated, a gloryfied microtransaction surely?

Looks like a cool deal at first..

Would it be ok for them to sell the same package minus the disc (obviously) digitaly in a few weeks for £10? Then you would of paid £10 for a useless F2P game disc..

Oh, and a case.
Dread Reaver
Dread Reaver
Posted on 11 September 19 at 22:09
I'll be honest, I thought they were advertising physical statues until I read closer. Hoping it doesn't catch out some less discerning folk.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 12 September 19 at 00:18
w4rdy said:
Vinn nniV said:
Elyoh said:
Yep...

From the descriptions it seems like they contain exclusive cosmetics that you can only get by buying these physical editions
That makes them physical editions with exclusives, not exclusive physical editions. I thought it meant they could only be purchased from a specific place, but that doesn't seem to hold true, thus the question.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 12 September 19 at 00:43
Gonna get both, one for my xbox buddies and one for my ps4 buddies xD
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.