Game Discussion: Gears POP!

Cheaters galore

• Posted on 11 September 19 at 15:35Permalink
    They need to start cracking down on the cheaters in this game. I’m not saying I am the best at this game and I understand loosing a bunch but when I have one player continuously spawning Marcus and Reyna and a lancer squad back to back 2 times in a row within 5-10 seconds and another player spawning boomers and butchers 2-3 times in a row I smell something fishy going on. I feel like they aren’t even tracking cheaters and banning them. At the very least there should be a way to block those players better, or report them so the dev can look in to it . Game isn’t even fun anymore playing against people like that.

Rant over
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 01:17Permalink
    Yup already , prob the Windows 10 players
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 01:17Permalink
    Here is a good one I just joined a game where the opponent already had all the cover controlled and could just spawn troops right in front of me.
  • eLiTeMC251eLiTeMC2511,022,153
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 17:09Permalink
    XxTRIX NASTYxX said:
    Here is a good one I just joined a game where the opponent already had all the cover controlled and could just spawn troops right in front of me.
    Are you sure that maybe you didn't join the game midway through and so the other guy already was able to play troops and took over all the covers? This game is pretty notorious for having server and connection issues. I personally haven't had any issues of "cheating" just guys that are much higher level than me. I find myself (when losing) yelling that's BS when someone plays something that is significant towards me losing but I realize it's just the game and much more of it to come.
    If you are reading this than you must be interested in what it has to say. Sorry to dissappint you.
  • GutsukyoGutsukyo55,784
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 09:58Permalink
    I had my pins killed by an invisible character a few times as well as Marcus being played back to back. And no, it wasn't Marcus and old man Marcus either. So, I'm pretty sure there is some cheating going on.
    Where I walk, death follows close behind.
  • Drazer76Drazer76421,369
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 19:34Permalink
    Back to back pins is likely cheating.

Cover all being claimed, the game loads quicker for them and they get it all.
    Glitch that one.
    I’ve grabbed a good two on each side before the other player appears with a pin once or twice.

I’ve been on the end of the whole enemy being invisible pins, you see the little placement puff when they go down, but you never know where they are..

What I find weirdest is that now in bronze league, if I win two or lose two let’s say, the third is New Recruit. And he spawns troops way too quick compared to my power building..
  • xPIGZxxPIGZx22,552
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 23:12Permalink
    I faced a 2900 lvl 5 guy who had all level 1 pins.. I crushed him no matter how many he placed out.
  • Ra1D3nHUNRa1D3nHUN496,993
    Posted on 04 October 19 at 12:15Permalink
    I just run into an interesting situation. I played against a player called: Berlin player. He is registered on this site and I don't want to call him cheater, but this game was rather interesting. First the match doesn't wanted to load up at all, but kept loading. After 30 seconds I quit the whole game and restarted it which instantly put me in the match. What I noticed that invisible characters took the covers while I just started to put my pins on board. I guess I made sure that those invisible guys died, but after 5-6 pin I put down some more which are died from nothing, and lost healh to nothing. It was really far away from fair play, but in the end I managed to win the match. This was something which I really had to write down here, maybe others run into a situation like this. I feel this quiet disgusting that somehow I can't join the match, meanwhile the enemy player makes progress and when I can join to the match I'm faced against invisible enemies... That's just disgusting and unfair...
  • AceAce311,355
    Posted on 04 October 19 at 18:38Permalink
    Ra1D3nHUN said:
    I just run into an interesting situation. I played against a player called: Berlin player. He is registered on this site and I don't want to call him cheater, but this game was rather interesting. First the match doesn't wanted to load up at all, but kept loading. After 30 seconds I quit the whole game and restarted it which instantly put me in the match. What I noticed that invisible characters took the covers while I just started to put my pins on board. I guess I made sure that those invisible guys died, but after 5-6 pin I put down some more which are died from nothing, and lost healh to nothing. It was really far away from fair play, but in the end I managed to win the match. This was something which I really had to write down here, maybe others run into a situation like this. I feel this quiet disgusting that somehow I can't join the match, meanwhile the enemy player makes progress and when I can join to the match I'm faced against invisible enemies... That's just disgusting and unfair...
    You quit the game and restarted and got in the match? That is very abnormal to begin with as normally when you exit the game you abandon the match and it counts as a loss. I'm not sure that your opponent was cheating in this case and rather it may have been a glitch of some kind that caused this. As for the losing health to nothing, could it have been an ink grenade that was also invisible?
  • Posted on 04 October 19 at 22:06Permalink
    Ace#4617 said:
    You quit the game and restarted and got in the match? That is very abnormal to begin with as normally when you exit the game you abandon the match and it counts as a loss.
    I don't know if anything has changed, but when a match would load to a black screen, if I quit the app and go back in right away, it will load right back into the match I was in with everything working fine.

I think they have done it like that so people can't quit and just move on to another match ASAP.
  • PinchiCainPinchiCain241,677
    Posted on 04 October 19 at 23:29, Edited on 04 October 19 at 23:32 by PinchiCainPermalink
    I've had this happen a couple of times (lower screen blocked):

https://i.imgur.com/o4rd6fJ.jpg

But I don't think it's a hacker. Unless the trainer is a hacker too, because it has happened there as well. And this only happens in Android, I don't remember any instance on PC.
    Um, pay no mind to my deck; it's my deck for daily rewards involving fortifications and air attack. wink
  • Posted on 06 October 19 at 06:00Permalink
    The cheaters are not as bad as they used to be but I will still run up against the occasional opponent that pumps out 5 or 6 high power pins within 5 seconds of each other. It’s only frustrating when I have a win streak going laugh
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • Ra1D3nHUNRa1D3nHUN496,993
    Posted on 06 October 19 at 19:51Permalink
    Ace#4617 said:
    Ra1D3nHUN said:
    You quit the game and restarted and got in the match? That is very abnormal to begin with as normally when you exit the game you abandon the match and it counts as a loss. I'm not sure that your opponent was cheating in this case and rather it may have been a glitch of some kind that caused this. As for the losing health to nothing, could it have been an ink grenade that was also invisible?
    It was more damage than an ink grenade can cause. My lvl12 locust drone lost it's half of health in a second, and then died. It was something with a serious power, not just some ink grenade. BTW I don't want to say he was cheating, this could've been a glitch or dunno. On the other hand I don't know why the match doesn't wanted to start at all for that long...
  • jan0bijan0bi180,050
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 06:17Permalink
    The longer the game goes on the more powerful people are becoming. Dont forget a lot of higher ranked players are ranking down, bringing their high powered pins with them. I've ranked down to the bronze league and tbh I smash people now. I don't even panic if they take out one of my turrets as I know that i'll beat them.

You definitely have an advantage once you're ranked down with higher pins, people at lower levels have little to no chance just because of the difference in stats of the pins, and your health points etc.
  • Drazer76Drazer76421,369
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 15:12Permalink
    Invisible stuff isn’t cheating. It’s a game error.
    Particularly after a crash/reload as it doesn’t get back in properly.

In your case was there some pins visible too?
    Half health thing could have been a grenade.

On the reloading back in thing. That was one of the early updates that made it possible to do that, to stop auto losing all the cogs for that match..
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,321,191
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 15:26Permalink
    The invisible stuff also is connection errors.

If you load in after you’re opponent, any pins he has already placed will be invisible, and sometimes the first couple after that.
  • Fischs3Fischs3236,320
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 18:10Permalink
    I just had a game with a user that threw out 3 gnasher gang crews, and a drone division in short succession, then carmine and then HoD that destroyed a turret to an inch of death before the timer ran out. I still have no idea how I was able to survive and end in a draw. So I looked him up on xbox to send a message about cheating and he has zero achievements for Gears Pop. How is that possible? I am around 2500 cogs so I expect he was anywhere from 2400-2600 cogs.
  • brent1221brent1221864,868
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 19:22Permalink
    jan0bi said:
    The longer the game goes on the more powerful people are becoming. Dont forget a lot of higher ranked players are ranking down, bringing their high powered pins with them. I've ranked down to the bronze league and tbh I smash people now. I don't even panic if they take out one of my turrets as I know that i'll beat them.

You definitely have an advantage once you're ranked down with higher pins, people at lower levels have little to no chance just because of the difference in stats of the pins, and your health points etc.
    I ran into you a few times down there in bronze league. I think we had 1 or 2 draws, but other times, you just tanked me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.