Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

If you haven't started, please don't!

AuthorMessage
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 12 September 19 at 00:09
Final diagnose

This game is shit. Don't play it if you haven't already started. It's not a matter of how good you are, it's a matter of how much money you are willing to pay. I am ashamed I have spent money on it, and it has actually affected the future of the gears franchise in a negative way.

Here's what one site had to say about it....

"Gears Pop is so bad in it's monetization that it almost reaches parody status. It has everything you would expect a shitty mobile money grab to have. You've got loot boxes, timers, multiple currencies, a rotating store, gacha, a welcome bundle, consumables, and last but not least a pay to win economy. It's incredible how much bullshit they managed to pump into this trash heap. There are so many nefarious "hooks" built into the game designed to open your wallet. Let's go over some of the worst ones."

I truly wish I had never heard of this game. I am a gamer, I have played hard games, but it's not about it being hard. The game is a money draw... sure, if you have $500 or more, and don't mind blowing it, by all means, you will be OP for awhile.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 12 September 19 at 03:37
If you are going for the completion before a good year of grinding, yea, money sink. Fairly easy 500-600gs just for playing while on the toilet for a few weeks though.

This is def geared towards people spending money. I am not a fan of mobile games to start with, but this was kinda fun if not taken seriously.
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
Cookman86
Cookman86
Posted on 13 September 19 at 15:58, Edited on 13 September 19 at 15:58 by Cookman86
Totally agree, the crews are screwed up too, either closed or full, no-one wants to play horde... ever. Been in the bronze league 5 times and as soon as I get in I lose 7-8 in a row. Demotion demotion demotion. Pile of shit, avoid. Would cost hundreds to get a decent game at this point, totally unenjoyable and not worth it. Love gears, hate this.

Feel better now.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 14 September 19 at 23:46
Now that the fix is in, my crew is as active as it was before.
You are probably in the wrong one.

Yeah the money thing is annoying.
But in under two weeks, I’ve gotten 500 in it.

Basically don’t play if you want the 100%, for no money.
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 14 September 19 at 23:57
I knew my time in it was finite, I just hit the point where I had enough pins to level up to level 10 but was going to have to spend $15 to do it.

I'm out. I rarely complete anything but the fun went away quickly.
Hooked on phonics
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 13:16
Spend $15 to buy coins?
I think I will just be converting 1500 crystals into 360,000 coins.

No money spent. You get roughly 300 crystals a month, plus rewards and gifts.
I’m only a 150 short at the mo.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 15 September 19 at 15:16
On the contrary the game is a ton of fun. You just have to get over the concept of winning every game. I personally intentionally derank myself to around 1500 gears and get a gold win streak chest every time. The game is quite easy to win without spending money but certainly will offer the advantage in terms of time playing to those that spend more. As time has gone on the higher ranked fights have gotten much easier too, whenever I wind up fighting around 1700 now I'm finding still easy matches while 2 weeks ago I was 50% win rate at that rank.

tl;dr if you don't want to spend money and care about winning every match this game won't be for you, but if you stop worrying about a stupid number and just play for fun the game is very enjoyable.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:30
Agree completely with all that pretty much.
Except at a lower level for me currently..
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted yesterday at 22:10
Ace#4617 said:
On the contrary the game is a ton of fun. You just have to get over the concept of winning every game. I personally intentionally derank myself to around 1500 gears and get a gold win streak chest every time. The game is quite easy to win without spending money but certainly will offer the advantage in terms of time playing to those that spend more. As time has gone on the higher ranked fights have gotten much easier too, whenever I wind up fighting around 1700 now I'm finding still easy matches while 2 weeks ago I was 50% win rate at that rank.

tl;dr if you don't want to spend money and care about winning every match this game won't be for you, but if you stop worrying about a stupid number and just play for fun the game is very enjoyable.
I wish I could get over the concept of wanting to win!

Every time I gain some ground I get absolutely owned and I do not understand how that doesn’t wind you up.

I just got to 1863 cogs - my new high.

I then promptly went

LLLLWDDDL

Before wanting to smash my phone to smithereens and being back at 1727

If I’m doing the maths right the game says

Played 735
Horde 298

Which means 437 MP games
And I’ve won 219

Which means I’ve lost or drawn 218

It’s so frustrating though!

I honestly think if I ever got to gold league and just had it out the way I would be fine with it
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted yesterday at 22:28
Phil the Bear said:
Ace#4617 said:

I wish I could get over the concept of wanting to win!

Every time I gain some ground I get absolutely owned and I do not understand how that doesn’t wind you up.

I just got to 1863 cogs - my new high.

I then promptly went

LLLLWDDDL

Before wanting to smash my phone to smithereens and being back at 1727

If I’m doing the maths right the game says

Played 735
Horde 298

Which means 437 MP games
And I’ve won 219

Which means I’ve lost or drawn 218

It’s so frustrating though!

I honestly think if I ever got to gold league and just had it out the way I would be fine with it
See this is why I'm not trying to get gold league yet. I will once we are in the final week of the season because that is when the majority of players, aka the easier players, will be in high bronze or mid silver. Right now because I am facing easier opponents I get more out of my win streak chests which helps me power up faster. As for frustration at losses, I do get frustrated but its at my own mistakes, or game bugs that cause me to lose. My opponent is just playing their best and I understand that so if they beat me they are mostly just better than me, whether in skill or in level, and its up to me to get better.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted yesterday at 22:35
That is where I would love to have your pragmatism

But it is not in me at all

I can’t even bring myself to derank on purpose. It just goes against everything in me!

And as for they are better. Occasionally maybe. There are rare moments when I think, oh that was clever. But in the main it’s just, “oh, your units are 4 levels higher than mine”. In which case I still desperately try to hang on for a draw!
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.