Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Matchmaking Sucks

AuthorMessage
TF Legolas
TF Legolas
Posted on 12 September 19 at 06:10
I keep getting matchmade with people higher then me. What gives? I'm in silver league, anyone else experiencing this?
qwxx
qwxx
Posted on 12 September 19 at 11:22
I have. 100%. I’m level 12 consistently getting faced against people at 14-16 who recently upgraded their ink, frag and hammer of dawns.
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 12 September 19 at 12:49
Matchmaking is based on how many Cog Tags you have. Someone could be a level 15, but if they are intentionally losing a high enough percent of their matches, they’ll be down in the 500-1000 tag range fighting people who are legitimately at that range.

It sucks, but is a strategy to get 5-win streaks every 4 hours
xPIGZx
xPIGZx
Posted on 14 September 19 at 19:38
i cant ever find a match.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 14 September 19 at 23:38
I was about to say, yeah they are the same level as you. In cogs which is what matters.
We can only hope that all those players will wrap up the achievements in about a month and then be done with the game..
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 15 September 19 at 15:20
The matchmaking MMR system is actually very impressive in my experience. If you are struggling at your current level I recommend losing 5 matches in a row intentionally, the 6th match will be a bot that is easy to win vs and should set you up to get your 5 match win streak while climbing back to basically the same rank.
xPIGZx
xPIGZx
Posted on 15 September 19 at 18:57
i am lucky if i find 2 matches a day.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 15 September 19 at 19:01
xPIGZx said:
i am lucky if i find 2 matches a day.
You're having an issue I don't think most players are. I find matches in 10-20 seconds every time.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:26
What level are you that you can’t find a match?
At most it takes 30 seconds or so..
xPIGZx
xPIGZx
Posted on 15 September 19 at 21:50
lvl 15 , 2800 trophies.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 16 September 19 at 00:54
2800. Yeah I guess that’s the problem, it only searches in a bracket of about 100 cogs.
So being right at the top means the few others have to be on then too..

At least at the monthly reset you’ll get lots of games..
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 16 September 19 at 14:03
xPIGZx said:
lvl 15 , 2800 trophies.
shock
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 16 September 19 at 21:51
xPIGZx said:
lvl 15 , 2800 trophies.
unfortunately high level matchmaking is an issue in all games with an MMR system. You could intentionally lose gears to get back to better matchmaking queues but I could understand that you might not want to.
xPIGZx
xPIGZx
Posted on 16 September 19 at 21:53
i would lose, but i cant find a match to lose... If any one else is near 2800 join my guild Horde n Score and we can play friendlys , once we both done testing out new units, we just play each other till we give back trophies to what they were?
II Pac y I
II Pac y I
Posted on 17 September 19 at 08:28
I assume you reached that score a long time ago?
KungFu Monk3y
KungFu Monk3y
Posted on 20 September 19 at 17:29
If you aren't opting to do pay to win, then the only viable option is to bank your crystals for Silver Coins, lose matches to lower your Gear count so that you can focus on getting a couple of Gold chests per set. I've gone up to 1620 gears, and it was a grind to get down below 1k gears, but I've opted for a strategy that uses beginning pins. So... I give a lot of people a chance for an easy win, or make them work for it if they are beginner but then I still let them win usually, until I get to the gear count I want to win chests in. It's a pain, but I do have fun playing the game this way. At least this way I can get waves of wins and end up w/ better yielding chests. If you are a beginner, you just have to grind your way through it. If you choose your strategy right, it is super easy to run up to 1k gears fairly quickly IMHO. It's just a Free to play Pay to win grindy type game...and that part sucks. I really wish they'd design a game like this but make it a flat payment system that isn't trying to suck money out of people.
Kungfu Monk3y
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 21 September 19 at 02:15
KungFu Monk3y said:
If you aren't opting to do pay to win, then the only viable option is to bank your crystals for Silver Coins, lose matches to lower your Gear count so that you can focus on getting a couple of Gold chests per set. I've gone up to 1620 gears, and it was a grind to get down below 1k gears, but I've opted for a strategy that uses beginning pins. So... I give a lot of people a chance for an easy win, or make them work for it if they are beginner but then I still let them win usually, until I get to the gear count I want to win chests in. It's a pain, but I do have fun playing the game this way. At least this way I can get waves of wins and end up w/ better yielding chests. If you are a beginner, you just have to grind your way through it. If you choose your strategy right, it is super easy to run up to 1k gears fairly quickly IMHO. It's just a Free to play Pay to win grindy type game...and that part sucks. I really wish they'd design a game like this but make it a flat payment system that isn't trying to suck money out of people.
Anything under 1600 gears is fairly easy to rank up because of the inflation, when I was losing intentionally I would drop down to around 1500 and go back above 1600 by the end of the streak. As I said earlier, if you lose 6 matches in a row you get a guaranteed bot which is almost always worse than a human.

At this point however I am trying to win my matches to get my rank up to gold since we are nearing the end of the season and now is the easiest it should be.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.