Game Discussion: Gears 5

Tour of duty problems

• Dizzy ShayDizzy Shay1,406,465 1,406,465 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 06:22
    I have this one challenge that won’t unlock which is to capture 7 rings in versus.
    I have done it multiple times but won’t show up as complete. The other challenges come up as complete when the requirements are met.
    Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix?
    There is a hell believe me I've seen it, there is a heaven lets keep it a secret
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 07:42
    Are you hosting a game yourself?

Coop vs. AI and Ranked KOTH should definitely work..
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 September 19 at 07:54
    my question is are those resetable? i mean i see a counter and operation number at the top left of the screen..does it mean if i dont complete in the operation all ranks will reset or what? excuse me if my question sounds stupid :D
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 08:10
    fireiz said:
    my question is are those resetable? i mean i see a counter and operation number at the top left of the screen..does it mean if i dont complete in the operation all ranks will reset or what? excuse me if my question sounds stupid :D
    I do believe that you will be private again in a new operation.

But I hope when you are General that it will save somehow to the Seriously achievement,
    else you would have to get General again in a new operation when you get Seriously.
  • I BossK II BossK I624,841
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 09:32
    I don’t know if it has been figured out yet but it seems with this ring capture challenge it can only be done on ranked koth
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz521,040
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 11:11
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    fireiz said:

But I hope when you are General that it will save somehow to the Seriously achievement,
    else you would have to get General again in a new operation when you get Seriously.
    Damn I was talking about this the other day. Sounds a bit brutal but doable if you're committed. Would hate to get to the rank/segment just before and not make it in time.

I'm also assuming this "5 days left" is not true and is actually 3 months left?
  • Dizzy ShayDizzy Shay1,406,465 1,406,465 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 12:23
    I BossK I said:
    I don’t know if it has been figured out yet but it seems with this ring capture challenge it can only be done on ranked koth
    I’ll give that ago tonight thank you. I was doing it on coop vs a.i
    There is a hell believe me I've seen it, there is a heaven lets keep it a secret
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r816,212
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 12:25
    FiveWizz said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    fireiz said:

Damn I was talking about this the other day. Sounds a bit brutal but doable if you're committed. Would hate to get to the rank/segment just before and not make it in time.

I believe it is done similar to Gears 4 and counts it against the achievements. If you have the achievement for reaching General, you do not need to complete it again.
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 12:30
    Smudgenat0r said:
    FiveWizz said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    fireiz said:

I believe it is done similar to Gears 4 and counts it against the achievements. If you have the achievement for reaching General, you do not need to complete it again.
    Sure. So I am hoping and assuming that would be the case for Seriously.

But in terms of just getting the achievement in the first place. That's the bit that makes me nervous.
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:00
    FiveWizz said:
    But in terms of just getting the achievement in the first place. That's the bit that makes me nervous.
    Just do all daily challenges and some medals and you can get this achievement easily.
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:29
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    FiveWizz said:
    Just do all daily challenges and some medals and you can get this achievement easily.
    Cheers. Do you think the current 5 day reset is actually supposed to be 3 months?
  • ATCSATCS1,094,105
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:40
    It’s 3 months confirmed. First Operation ends in December so just chip away and you’ll have your achievements!
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r816,212
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:46
    FiveWizz said:
    Smudgenat0r said:
    FiveWizz said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    fireiz said:

Sure. So I am hoping and assuming that would be the case for Seriously.

Oh my bad, mis-read your comment. Yeah that would suck. But I think it's easily doable by December. The daily challenges can get you through a couple ranks a day if you're going for them specifically.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,585,791
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:56, Edited on 12 September 19 at 13:57 by Shinnizle
    FiveWizz said:
    FiveWizz said:
    Cheers. Do you think the current 5 day reset is actually supposed to be 3 months?
    I think the "5 days" bit is right, just misleading. I think it's because it's written that way on the screen (or something close to that, I'm not home so I can't check)
    Operation 1 | Week 1 | 5 days left
    I think in this instance, it just means there's 5 days left to the week, and that we're in Week 1 of Operation 1.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 13:57
    FiveWizz said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    FiveWizz said:
    It's 3 months.

They said the 2 weeks is just a placeholder for now.
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 14:01
    oh nice ok thanks all. Good to confirm that. Just wondered so I wasn't wasting time gunning for these stars only to have them taken away next Tuesday.

Good luck all!
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 14:27
    Also don't forget that if you complete a daily, you can use your free reset to get a new one once a day.
  • Posted on 12 September 19 at 14:34
    The Real Daemon said:
    Also don't forget that if you complete a daily, you can use your free reset to get a new one once a day.
    How and where? Never seen that option..
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,585,791
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 15:03
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    You hold X on any of the ones you have completed. The first reset for the day is free.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 15:07
    Shinnizle said:
    Ron Jeremy R6 said:
    You hold X on any of the ones you have completed. The first reset for the day is free.
    That's how they get ya man!! *scratches arm*
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.