Talk about TrueAchievements

General chat about all things TA

Couch Co-Op for Fringe Players

• Pmalone6Pmalone6486,966
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 14:26
    I hope I'm not rehashing an old thread, I'm just starting to figure out these forums and not great at searching through them.

So my soon-to-be-wife really doesn't do video games at all but since we've lived together I was able to get her to dabble in Slime Rancher and to get her nostalgia going with Spyro. Last year, I asked her to try out Overcooked with me and we had such a blast completing it together. I would love to do more co-op games with her but I'm trying to be very cautious to only choose ones that are simple and fun enough to keep her interest.

Does anyone have any other couch co-op suggestions for those fringe players that has gotten them hooked in the past?
  • eohjayeohjay1,953,445
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 15:55
    Some of the more "casual" co-op games that I've enjoyed with my wife were Overcooked, Lover's in a Dangerous Spacetime and Death Squared. Those three were the stand-outs. We also had fun playing some singleplayer offerings together like Thomas Was Alone and Pneuma.

I've been easing her into some more complicated games as time went on to varying degrees of success. Stuff like Borderlands, Dungeon Defenders 2 and How to Survive have all been hits.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,110,783
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:12
    eohjay said:
    Some of the more "casual" co-op games that I've enjoyed with my wife were Overcooked, Lover's in a Dangerous Spacetime and Death Squared.
    I definitely agree on all 3 of those!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Pmalone6Pmalone6486,966
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 17:46
    Those are great calls and since they were GWG I've got them logged away in the backlog. Dangerous Spacetime will probably be the next one I'll give a try with her so thanks! Borderlands would be a dream, my favorite series going.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,053
    Posted on 12 September 19 at 18:34
    If you have Game Pass, Human Fall Flat is all kinds of stupid fun. If she enjoys a particular entertainment franchise enough, there's a good chance there's a LEGO game of said franchise you could play together. And if she's got a creative side (and even if she doesn't), don't underestimate the power of Minecraft to bring together people of all different gaming backgrounds.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads