Game Discussion: Borderlands 3 Forum

xbox shutting down looking for co OP help

AuthorMessage
XSniperNinjaX
XSniperNinjaX
Posted on 13 September 19 at 15:47
Hi just got game today tried to join 3 random games and the xbox x just powers off any reason Why ? Has this happened to any one else ? Thank you.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 13 September 19 at 16:46
I don't have Borderlands 3 yet, but I have noticed that Gears 5 has powered off my console a couple of times.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 13 September 19 at 19:56
XSniperNinjaX said:
Hi just got game today tried to join 3 random games and the xbox x just powers off any reason Why ? Has this happened to any one else ? Thank you.
It happens sometimes on games that run at 4K with HDR10. It's really annoying I agree. The X has a built in safety feature that shuts it off if it is at risk of overheating. So games that have these features can cause it. There's no way to disable this "feature" either. Just goes to show this generation needs to end. New hardware next year will hopefully eliminate issues like this.
DJBSE72
DJBSE72
Posted on 14 September 19 at 17:44
The same here. I think it the Alpha OS, I’m part of the insider program. Hope they fix it soon
Ond Angel
188,702 188,702 GamerScore
Ond Angel
Posted on 15 September 19 at 00:25
Having this issue with BL3 & Gears 5 too. Borderlands hasn't done it since I set it to performance mode instead of resolution, so there's that.
XSniperNinjaX
XSniperNinjaX
Posted on 15 September 19 at 09:25
But im not part of the Inders program and when i play Borderlands 3 it when i turn my xbox on and its been running for like 10 -15 mins.So it cant be over heated.
Ond Angel
188,702 188,702 GamerScore
Ond Angel
Posted on 15 September 19 at 12:50
XSniperNinjaX said:
But im not part of the Inders program and when i play Borderlands 3 it when i turn my xbox on and its been running for like 10 -15 mins.So it cant be over heated.
I'm not part of the insider program either. Definitely check your graphics settings in-game.
OneChicago51
OneChicago51
Posted on 15 September 19 at 18:39
Once yesterday and twice tonight, both times on the same cutscene. Only other game it happens with for me is Destiny 2. Pisses me off. I had set it to performance the first time I loaded up on Friday.
Lord Darkfung
Lord Darkfung
Posted on 16 September 19 at 09:18
Happened to me and my co-op partner several times since launch - repeatedly on one cut-scene. He's on an "S" and gets booted back to dashboard and I'm on an "X" and my box completely switches off.
His machine seems more reliable and i had to get him to go through the cutscene then I joined afterwards for that particular instance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.