Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Tour of Duty Juvie Hunter medal

AuthorMessage
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 13 September 19 at 16:58, Edited on 13 September 19 at 16:59 by Groznia
Hey everyone I've been working on the various Tour of Duty medals

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a good way to wrack up Juvie kills.

I've played a lot of horde matches so far but they rarely show up!

So I have a few questions

A) Are Juvies more plentiful in Escape compared to Horde? Have not played Escape yet

and

B) If anyone has any ideas for methods to speed up the kills, 2500 is a bit ridiculous and makes me wish for a Juvie Madness event already. I wish they were as common as the friggin leeches are.

The way horde seems to work is there are 3 specific sets of enemies characterized by the following on Wave 1, 11, 21, etc.

1) Leeches + Drones set
2) Juvies + Imago set
3) Trackers + DBs set

If you fail a wave it resets to one of the different sets depending on which one you started with and what wave you are on.

So my current idea is to play a horde match solo without bots killing all the juvies that spawn then restarting/killing myself by jumping into the train on Asylum until I get the set I want.

I know its cumulative across both modes but still would like to knock this one out as quickly and efficiently as possible.
SmokeNashty
SmokeNashty
Posted on 13 September 19 at 19:36
Try escape level the hive. After the safe room should be random spawns just keep restarting the whole map until juvies show up should be around 10 or so. Have some frags and a Boomshot. Once you get juvies keep Restarting the act and you’ll end up in the safe room again. Then you travel up to where the juvies spawn. Fastest way so far. But if you don’t get juvies you have to return to the lobby to try again. There’s like 3 or 4 Different combos it could be
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 13 September 19 at 19:45
SmokeNashty said:
Try escape level the hive. After the safe room should be random spawns just keep restarting the whole map until juvies show up should be around 10 or so. Have some frags and a Boomshot. Once you get juvies keep Restarting the act and you’ll end up in the safe room again. Then you travel up to where the juvies spawn. Fastest way so far. But if you don’t get juvies you have to return to the lobby to try again. There’s like 3 or 4 Different combos it could be
Thanks for your feedback, I'll try that soon.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:27
Is Hive the current map? Not the past ones.

I know that when you get to the end of the level and pull the door lever, it triggers a mass juvie spawn, at least 30 or so come rushing to the door in groups of 5-7 at a time. Though the window you have to kill them is until the door closes.

I've been running that and holding onto the boomshot to rack up kills. Even with the 2 other players killing them as well I still net about 15 or so per run. Got most of my head shots with Mac at that part as well using the boltok.
Squ4rex
Squ4rex
Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:27
Also, given that this Operation runs to December, there is the possibility of upcoming events spawning more Juvies for Horde. I’m sure there will be at least a Halloween-themed event.

But yes, Escape has them as stated above and when getting to safe rooms / exiting the level.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:53
DrSchlepenstein said:
Though the window you have to kill them is until the door closes.
Only if you don't let them cross. If they cross the door before it closes, you still have to kill them before the Raven comes in to pick you up, and therefore can take your time smile
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
x Atalaius x
x Atalaius x
Posted on 13 September 19 at 21:12
Try in the gaunlet map, near the end , when you activate the door, a multiple enemys spawn , and you can carry the salvo a kill eveything , is the same solution for 3 musketeers , for grind kills
ninjaraiden2003
Posted on 13 September 19 at 21:59, Edited on 13 September 19 at 22:01 by ninjaraiden2003
Pretty sure The Mines or The Descent has alot on, I forget which one it was we were on. Me and my friend were playing today on either Elite or Insane difficulty with a random and after the last safe room before the end door there was a split path with Juvie's and two Sires. The random quit out eventually so we got a few failed runs in before we gave up since the Juvies 2 hit.
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 13 September 19 at 22:05, Edited on 13 September 19 at 22:08 by Yummy Baklava
Too easy. I used this video as a guide and it made things a lot easier.

https://youtu.be/F1LWaCX_grQ

:)
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 13 September 19 at 23:04, Edited on 14 September 19 at 06:51 by Groznia
Thank you everyone for the help, the Escape methods sound so much better than what I was going to do in horde. Yummy Baklava said:
Too easy. I used this video as a guide and it made things a lot easier.

https://youtu.be/F1LWaCX_grQ

:)
Thats helpful, the first time I tried to play Escape I kept running into dead ends. cry

Edit: I've attempted this dozen of times and its NEVER like the video. I think last night's patch fixed this and added in a bunch more enemies like scion buzzkills and more sires.
MasterChief5773
Posted on 24 September 19 at 20:38, Edited on 24 September 19 at 21:24 by MasterChief5773
I tried the Custom Escape method on "The Hive" - killed tons and tons of Juvies after the first safe room - the frags, cryo kills and the eliminations for Keegan counted - but the Juvie kills did not?!

Edit: Now it counted. It might be that you have to actually finish the level..
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 25 September 19 at 02:20
MasterChief5773 said:
I tried the Custom Escape method on "The Hive" - killed tons and tons of Juvies after the first safe room - the frags, cryo kills and the eliminations for Keegan counted - but the Juvie kills did not?!

Edit: Now it counted. It might be that you have to actually finish the level..
Thats correct. The safe room acts like a checkpoint, everything before it is saved. Just that nothing afterward is saved until you finish the level for sure.
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 25 September 19 at 14:58
I found the Gauntlet map to be good for grinding a bunch of medals solo from the basics, weapons, enemies, escape and hivebusters tabs, including the Juvies.

The map is quite easy solo on beginner and there are plenty of weapon lockers to refill heavy weapons before moving on to the next area. There is always a warden so you're guaranteed a breaker mace for the final section. The downside is it's only one act so if you do mess up, e.g. get headshot by a scion drop shot, then you have to go back to the beginning. The toughest part is the first encounter - two scions or a scion and a stump, with limited weapons and ammo. As 'x Atalaius x' mentioned, even if no juvies spawn during the run there are always juvies at the end when you hit the door switch. You should have a salvo or tri-shot by that stage.
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 25 September 19 at 16:18
I did the same thing KAW 24, that is how I did most of my Escape Eliminations. Highly recommended that method to others for when they are working on those as well.
TacoMan2100
TacoMan2100
Posted on 27 September 19 at 07:48
I've been trying to get the juvie hunter medal now and have half of it done. But it seems they no longer spawn after the checkpoint on the hive and have attempted it so many times. Does anyone know if they nerfed/fixed that area?
Groznia
Groznia
Posted on 27 September 19 at 17:52
TacoMan2100 said:
I've been trying to get the juvie hunter medal now and have half of it done. But it seems they no longer spawn after the checkpoint on the hive and have attempted it so many times. Does anyone know if they nerfed/fixed that area?
As far as I know no, the issue you're experiencing is one I ran into as well. I think its pure RNG, there are a few different spawn orders/setups to each hive. So it seems to me that you've been getting the order where that doesn't happen.

I assume you're talking about that huge group that comes out as you ascend the ramp right after the safe room?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.