Game Discussion: Gears 5 Forum

Sergeant - Lieutenant Stars

AuthorMessage
aLackofGravitas
Posted on 14 September 19 at 07:09, Edited on 14 September 19 at 07:12 by aLackofGravitas
Anyone know how many are required?
I’ve got Seargent but hardly anyone has the next one.

If it’s only 20-30 or so I’ll go for it, but I worry its a lot more.....

Also, I played a Hive with 2 random who both had this really really cool shimmering armour - is that an award or is it a cash thing?
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 14 September 19 at 08:31
It goes up 1 star every time, Right now I'm on Officer which takes 12 stars for each rank when get to Lieutenant it'll be 13 stars per rank.

Sounds like they had stim?
Jakk Dannielz
Jakk Dannielz
Posted on 14 September 19 at 10:26
The shimmering armour is the stim effect I do believe
I'm not a local, I moved to Yarmouth 7 yrs ago...for some reason or other!
ninjaraiden2003
Posted on 14 September 19 at 10:40
Yeah, I don't have Emile or Kat but I've played with a level 16 Emile who had a stim effect over them so I'm assuming it's some kind of skill card
SammyDy
SammyDy
Posted on 14 September 19 at 13:53
aLackofGravitas said:

Also, I played a Hive with 2 random who both had this really really cool shimmering armour - is that an award or is it a cash thing?
The shimmering thing is a Gold Skill Card for the DLC Character Emile from HALO. You need to level him up to level 16 to be able to use it. It gives you every 7 seconds of staying unharmed a stim shield until you get hurt.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 15 September 19 at 17:08, Edited on 15 September 19 at 17:13 by DrSchlepenstein
aLackofGravitas said:

Each rank it goes up 1 star for what's needed. I'm a Master Staff Sergeant II it takes 10 stars currently. You have 3 months to get to General. As when an Operation ends, which lasts 12 weeks, your Tour of Duty rank resets, the medals all reset and change to other challenges, and the rewards for ranking up and completing medals will all change to something else.

SammyDy said:
aLackofGravitas said:

The shimmering thing is a Gold Skill Card for the DLC Character Emile from HALO. You need to level him up to level 16 to be able to use it. It gives you every 7 seconds of staying unharmed a stim shield until you get hurt.
Kait has a similar ability in Horde once you get the cards for it.
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:21
aLackofGravitas said:

I’ve just got to captain II, from sergeant to lieutenant takes about 140-150 stars. It sounds like a lot but the daily challenges are pretty easy and through natural progression you’ll hit a lot of the medals. It‘ll be very easy to get General by December.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 16 September 19 at 04:44
Question on dailies

I had the following:

Get 9 headshots
Kill 100 creatures
Kill a boss in horde

I joined a beginner lobby in horde. By wave 20 with all of them appearing in the bottom corner as objective complete at various points.

I didn’t have time to keep playing so at wave 27 quit to the main menu.

No progress or xp was awarded to daily challenges. Only for waves complete. Press left trigger and no progress what so ever on any of those challenges.

Is that a glitch? Or does that mean you can’t leave a horde match before wave 50 or everyone dying?
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 16 September 19 at 07:17
Phil the Bear said:
Question on dailies

I had the following:

Get 9 headshots
Kill 100 creatures
Kill a boss in horde

I joined a beginner lobby in horde. By wave 20 with all of them appearing in the bottom corner as objective complete at various points.

No progress or xp was awarded to daily challenges. Only for waves complete. Press left trigger and no progress what so ever on any of those challenges.

Is that a glitch? Or does that mean you can’t leave a horde match before wave 50 or everyone dying?
Sounds to me like a glitch. It should definitely have counted..
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 16 September 19 at 10:48
Ron Jeremy R6 said:
Phil the Bear said:
Question on dailies

I had the following:

Get 9 headshots
Kill 100 creatures
Kill a boss in horde

Sounds to me like a glitch. It should definitely have counted..
Ok

Well it being a glitch is better than that being normal

Just sucks that I didn’t get any credit
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 16 September 19 at 12:45
To add to original question.
If you go to the achievement on here the guide has all the star requirements for each achievement.
15, 33, 204, 243 I think are the first four.
I forget General..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.