Game Discussion: Gears POP! Forum

Best use for Crystals (Discussion)

AuthorMessage
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 10:03
Hey guys.

So in general useful info I would think.
For me, in my quest for free playing only, but others may spend the $/£10, I have almost built up 1600 crystals.

Now at this point I can either buy 360,000 coins or get 2 massive gold chests.
Which is better and why?

For me, coins. All the buying daily pins and leveling beats the chance of some good pins.

But what do others think.

And at different crystal levels (if you get to 2250 for a legendary chest?)
Darkroder92
123,520 123,520 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 15 September 19 at 11:03
Don't buy anything get them while playing normally your best shot so you can save money because this game is all about pay to win
$True Gaming $
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 12:35
Not sure you read the question?

What to spend crystals On.
(Whether you bought crystals or got them free).

I’ve got 1600 crystals without using money.
Darkroder92
123,520 123,520 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 15 September 19 at 12:41
I read your question well because there is some hackers they have infinite coins and crystals which they will beat you quickly thats why i recommend you to wait alittle until all hackers gone
$True Gaming $
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 12:53
It won’t make a difference whether they do that or not if it comes to spending crystals though.
I’d say Hackers is a small part of this game.

There’s no point sitting on a load of crystals if that total could get you up a few levels. You might still lose to hackers but you are more likely to beat legitimate players at least
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 15 September 19 at 14:41
My question also. At first, I bought 100,000 coins twice but I still have 550~ crystals and am wondering if I should wait to get legendary lootbox as OMM kills me everytime and my only legendary is useless Myrrah.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 15 September 19 at 14:48
I’ve been thinking about this as I’m up to 760 crystals

I’m not sure if the crates are different depending on league you are in

Bronze league Gold Crate
825 crystals
16439 - 22199 coins
1243 bronze pins
257 silver pins
42 gold pins

Bronze league Platinum Crate
2250 crystals
51560 - 69624 coins
3897 bronze pins
807 silver pins
134 gold pins
2 legendary pins

Coin pile - 100,000
500 crystals

Coin pile - 360,000
1500 crystals

Coin pile - 1,250,000
4500 crystals

The issue, as with all good pay to win maths is that they are all different Crystal price points. And all are slightly better when you go higher.

I already bought a 100,000 coin pile with my crystals and it allowed me to level up some of my favourite pins. But if you look at the guide for upgrading a pin to max the number of duplicates you need sky rockets.

I’m thinking it’s worth waiting for a platinum crate.

If you do the 3 daily challenges every day for 30 crystals...

Coin Pile 100k - 500 crystals - 17 days
Bronze league gold crate - 825 crystals - 28 days
Coin pile 360k - 1500 crystals - 50 days
Bronze league plat crate - 2250 crystals - 75 days
Coin pile 1.25 mill - 4500 crystals - 150 days

Anyway you cut it, it’s depressing. But it seems to me as though you may as well hang on for a platinum crate first. Then if you run out of money you go for a coin pile.

A platinum crate comes with a minimum of 50k coins plus lots of duplicate pins.
https://philthebearblog.wordpress.com/
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 15 September 19 at 15:12
Go for coins, I personally buy the 360k coins since its the most feasible purchase to make with just the daily stuff and you will almost always get more pins that coins in value in terms of upgrades.

As for OMM, he got heavily nerfed and is now pretty bad, Marcus can beat him easily in 1v1 as can many other pins so I don't think he is worth chasing.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 16:52
Yeah see that’s my thinking.

I don’t need pins. I’ve gotten so many from chests and horde just playing.
20 different pins waiting to be upgraded, most multiple times.
My level 5 stun tracker has 450 pins so that’s 6,7,8 paid for if I had the coins.
I just don’t use half of them, so the coins need to go elsewhere.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 15 September 19 at 17:55
Drazer76 said:

My level 5 stun tracker has 450 pins so that’s 6,7,8 paid for if I had the coins.
Do you use stun tracker though?

I have 21 pins I could upgrade but I don’t use any of them so I don’t see the point.

The people that beat me do it with level 12-14 bronze pins and level 6-8 gold pins.

My bronze are at level 9 and they need hundreds of duplicates that crates give you quite slowly

If I upgrade the others my character level would go up but the pins I use won’t be doing much.
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 15 September 19 at 19:03
Phil the Bear said:
Drazer76 said:

I have 21 pins I could upgrade but I don’t use any of them so I don’t see the point.

The people that beat me do it with level 12-14 bronze pins and level 6-8 gold pins.

My bronze are at level 9 and they need hundreds of duplicates that crates give you quite slowly

If I upgrade the others my character level would go up but the pins I use won’t be doing much.
Character level upgrades your turret and personal damage and health, that said I am unsure if there is some logic to the matchmaking to try and match players of similar levels. MMR is the thing that matters most but usually I also match vs people of similar level to me. This might simply be because these are the most common levels.
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 15 September 19 at 19:21
Ace#4617 said:
Phil the Bear said:
Drazer76 said:

Character level upgrades your turret and personal damage and health, that said I am unsure if there is some logic to the matchmaking to try and match players of similar levels. MMR is the thing that matters most but usually I also match vs people of similar level to me. This might simply be because these are the most common levels.
Do you think that the additional health is going to make much difference?

I’m level 8 characters wise which means 1876 health for me and 1380 for my towers with 32 damage each.

What’s the increase for say level 9 (which I could get) and level 10 (which I might get)?

I’m not convinced the extra 100 or so health will make much difference when someone has pins that are 4 levels above mine
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 15 September 19 at 20:23
They are gonna have pins a lot higher either way.
So having more health to lose before they get a point is great.
Haven’t you ever won a game where your turret had like 70 health left? I have, that has been the decider.

But this isn’t a thread about pay to win, which is likely why those people have such high pins.
And what else would you do with 360,000 coins? Better to upgrade all pins to level yourself.
The turret is a static pin in that sense, and this is how you level it.
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 16 September 19 at 00:11
Been wondering about this myself. I have 1,200 crystals. None purchased, just haven't used any yet. I was thinking about the 1,500 coin pack. I've had too many disappointing experiences to spend months worth of savings on an unknown.
Drazer76
Drazer76
Posted on 16 September 19 at 00:52
I think at this point I am decided on it.
Get myself to level 10 at least. Then the rest of the coins I will save for my active pins (will have over 200-250,000 left still I think, so plenty for my ones, and the dailies)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.