Game Discussion: Gears POP!

Boosting to gold league

• Darkroder92Darkroder92199,215 199,215 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 08:58
    Is it possible to boost to gold rank as this game is fucking hard to reach gold legit way because of hackers ?
    $True Gaming $
  • simo949simo9491,748,210
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 10:18
    Nope
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 11:38
    Fair answer
    $True Gaming $
  • AceAce1,677,443
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:22
    Yes, I've got 2 of my crew members who did, I'd advise asking them if you want details. However its worth noting that the average player is gaining gears over time so towards the end of the season more players will be in bronze & silver which will make getting to gold much easier but boosting more difficult.
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:45
    I think if i have 3 device 1 main two dummies to upgrade theme to bronze so chances to boost is increasing and they are close together for matching together just what i did on Killer Instinct
    $True Gaming $
  • Ultras500Ultras500924,421
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 18:48
    Isn't the flaw in this plan the fact you will have to get your dummie accounts decent enough to reach 2000 odd cogs before you can start boosting?
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 19:43
    Thats what im aiming for i did the same thing on killer instict to reach killer rank and it work xbox one against pc windows 10 this should work too because fighting against hacker or payer player its impossible to win
    $True Gaming $
  • brent1221brent12211,526,546
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 20:10
    The median for the average non-p2w-whale is moving up every 3-4 days I find. I bought the welcome pack for $7, but nothing since. I just grind packs while working and open them. When I got to Bronze I was like "oh shit" i will never get there, but I keep going up 50-75 cogs every 3-4 days. Currently sitting in the 2000-2150 range now. If you just grind, you will get there.
    Posted on 16 September 19 at 20:37
    brent1221 said:
    The median for the average non-p2w-whale is moving up every 3-4 days I find. I bought the welcome pack for $7, but nothing since. I just grind packs while working and open them. When I got to Bronze I was like "oh shit" i will never get there, but I keep going up 50-75 cogs every 3-4 days. Currently sitting in the 2000-2150 range now. If you just grind, you will get there.
    What pins do you use the best to guaranteed you wins i need some advice
    $True Gaming $
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,042
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 01:19
    No matter what method you use, there is another method that can run you over. I tend to go the way if using cheap pins for grabbing cover, so I can drop a Grinder at their doorstep.

It's worth noting that since the update Bronze league is now giving slightly more than it's taking. I find the winner is now gaining 2 more crowns than the loser losses, so it's made silver more achievable. I haven't been in Silver enough recently to have taken notice if it's now doing the same thing.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • DubstepEdgelordDubstepEdgelord3,106,292
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 01:21
    Darkroder92 said:
    brent1221 said:
    I just made it to Bronze, and although I am level 6, this is what works for me so far. I'm sure its far from the best, but this is what I could work with:

Shepherds - 7
    Cole - 5
    Carmine - 5
    Grenadier - 6
    Kait - 2
    Lancer Gear - 7
    Snub Soldiers - 6
    Ink Grenade - 6
    DubstepEdgelord
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 04:55
    DubstepEdgelord said:
    Darkroder92 said:
    brent1221 said:
    I just made it to Bronze, and although I am level 6, this is what works for me so far. I'm sure its far from the best, but this is what I could work with:

Shepherds - 7
    Cole - 5
    Carmine - 5
    Grenadier - 6
    Kait - 2
    Lancer Gear - 7
    Snub Soldiers - 6
    Ink Grenade - 6
    Thx for this info i used your advice and im now 1400 gears cog but changed lancer gear to kantus
    $True Gaming $
  • Slugger MaxmanSlugger Maxman1,011,030
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 08:11
    I finally reached Gold, but spending an unholy amount of cash, I believe it was about 80€.

The game screwed me up big time with the patch, as it disrupted my general strategy and I've struggled to get from 2100 to 2400 (I've been in 2300 three different times and demoted to 2100-2200 twice).

This is the team and strategy I found the most consistent post patch:

*Reyna lvl 6
    *Cole lvl 10
    *Gear with Lancer lvl 8
    *Ink grenade lvl 12
    *Dom lvl 6
    *Locust drone lvl 11
    *Gears with snub lvl 12
    *Locust grenadier lvl 13

*Definitive: E-Hole lvl 2

The basic strategy besides spending money was capturing fast the middle spamming units who can capture and countering the enemy ones. Once I do that, I send the tanks (Dom alongside Cole) in the same row, and whenever I have the E-Hole charged, I use it at one of my turrets so I can create a constant stream of wretches that can help mask my units as they advance towards the enemy. Since Reyna is a melee fighter (and a great one, for that matter), it's best to use her whenever she's close or touching the enemy turret or enemy tank units. It's good to pair her with the grenadier as she always goes batshit crazy after any enemies' ass, so the grenadier is used to clear the field of weaker units so she can focus on the turret.

Once one turret is gone, it's easy to just go for the enemy leader if I keep spamming units.
  • LFC NEMESISLFC NEMESIS3,488,426
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 08:19
    ^ I played you a few times & it was never a good time! laugh

Congrats on Gold league though. I finally hit it myself yesterday and boy did it feel good. I can just grind the rest out over time now.
  • Slugger MaxmanSlugger Maxman1,011,030
    Posted on 17 September 19 at 08:56
    n4k3dLEE said:
    ^ I played you a few times & it was never a good time! laugh

Congrats on Gold league though. I finally hit it myself yesterday and boy did it feel good. I can just grind the rest out over time now.
    Hahaha hey man, I remember your nick too. I think I've lost a few matches against you cry

And I feel you on reaching gold, my dude. That's the hardest achievement of the game by far; the others are (too) grindy, but they're just that, grinds. Zero skill involved.
  • Tully123Tully123754,396
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 07:11
    My match where I reached gold was a bit close for comfort: https://gfycat.com/smartnextchihuahua

Since the update, legendaries are much weaker so I barely run any. 3 shepherds can beat most of them, so it's a waste of power.

Here's my gold team:

Me: level 12

Ink Grenade: level 10
    Sentinel: level 8
    Snub Soldiers: level 12
    Old Man Marcus: level 2
    Hammer of Dawn: level 2
    Shepherds: level 11
    Reyna: level 5
    Nemacysts: level 9
    Emergence Hole: level 4

You've only got two pins that can capture, but OMM can capture so fast and the snub soldiers can split, so it works out. With the other pins, think about what counters what and play accordingly. See the enemy using a Carmine, Dom, Marcus etc? Time for Reyna or Shepherds. See an overwhelm strat coming (Shepherds, Snub Soldiers, Wretches, Lancers etc), nemacysts are your best friend. The Sentinel can also be good against spam, as its shield will distract and give time for other pins to come help/the turret to take them out. The rockets are good against grouped together units. See snipers? Ink grenade time.

The Hammer of Dawn is necessary, as if the other player is running it you're at a disadvantage in my opinion. It's an easy, guaranteed 200-300 damage(not sure on the actual amount) which often decides matches. If you can ever whittle the opponents tower down to say 400 before they have yours down to 400, you win. Ink grenade + Hammer, game over. I had a lot of draws, but when games were won or lost, it was mostly down to having guaranteed tower damage towards the end of the timer. If you see a high level Grinder or something which is too hard to take out with your units, use Hammer of Dawn on it. If it clips another group, you will come out ahead on power.

With the ultimate, you could definitely make a case for both. My Emergence Hole is higher than Seeder, so I stuck with that. If you see that the other person has Emergence Hole, use yours straight away on their tower so that they need to respond. If they place their ult there, that's to your advantage. If they place it on your tower, well, you come out even. It is best used to distract the tower while you get something else in there to hit it. Reyna, OMM, etc. For the enemy hole, always use Shepherds near it or Snubs. If your opponent has a Seeder, decide (based on their overall level) whether you want to go for the win or make sure that their Seeder is ineffective. Sometimes the win is the option and you go straight for the tower as soon as Emergence Hole is ready. Other times, you may want to hold onto it to counter their Seeder. Play it on the Seeder as soon as it appears and it will likely die with a bit of support.

It's frustrating with the p2w aspects, like, some games you know you don't really stand a chance of winning. In those cases, play for the draw and try for next.

There is definitely strategy in this game, but the p2w overrides it in many cases. In Bronze League, I can spam pins directly in front of my leader the whole match, nowhere else and still win or draw about 50% of the time. What a joke, lol.
  • Ra1D3nHUNRa1D3nHUN2,401,560
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 11:51, Edited on 18 September 19 at 11:51 by Ra1D3nHUN
    Today I started my journey to gold leauge. Now I'm around top bronze, so far I can go with ease, but please, if any of you meet me, just let me win, to reach gold smile I swear I will do the same to others, once I reach my goal.
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 12:56
    Ra1D3nHUN said:
    Today I started my journey to gold leauge. Now I'm around top bronze, so far I can go with ease, but please, if any of you meet me, just let me win, to reach gold smile I swear I will do the same to others, once I reach my goal.
    At least anyone got the achievments and meet me just let me win please i will help in return ;)
    $True Gaming $
  • brent1221brent12211,526,546
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 13:53
    Darkroder92 said:
    brent1221 said:
    Lancer Gears: L11
    Cole: L7
    Marcus: L4
    Snubbies: L11
    Shepherds: L10
    Ink: L11
    Locust Drone: L10
    Hammer: L2

My whole strategy is to win 1-0, nothing else. I dont really try to push main guy unless I get a huge opening. My first couple plays are to try to gain the field advantage. I use the INK to help my lower level guys win against higher levels, ie. Locust Drone L10 vs Locust Drone L11, because I find the cover most important. If you can get your opponent freaking out, then you near have him.

One important note that has helped me is dropping pins behind outposts. They will clear it faster and survive, gaining you mana advantage. I also leave the Hammer in my hand the entire time and not show it unless I absolutely need to. I almost never drop it until double power minute.

Other note, I swap out the Hammer a lot for say, fences or decoy. Right now I am liking the Hammer for the final 10 seconds, dropping it if I was close to destroying an outpost and their counter push is starting. Can also wait until you hit Sudden Death. Its super deflating to me to lose that way.
  • Slam Shot SamSlam Shot Sam1,165,538
    Posted on 18 September 19 at 23:20, Edited on 18 September 19 at 23:22 by Slam Shot Sam
    I just hit Gold having spent £15.

My team:

Shock Grenade - Lvl 10
    Lancer Gear - Lvl 10
    Locust Drone - Lvl 10
    Sentinel - Lvl 7
    Savage Grenadier - Lvl 10
    Shepards - Lvl 11
    Snub Soldiers - Lvl 10
    Kait Diaz - Lvl 5

Seeder - Lvl 2

Strategy is basically take cover fast with lots of cheap units, then send Kait in to destroy turrets while still spamming cheap units and maintaining the cover advantage. If they somehow get past and start taking cover points from you, throw a shock and/or a Sentinel (invincible for a time) to slow them down and then spam more units in there.

I say spam, but obviously consider factors like movement speed, health pool, what does and doesn’t use cover, what you’re sending them up against (don’t use Shepards on a Savage Grenadier, for example), etc. The Seeder can be used either at the back for added defence, of placed further up on attack when the opponent is on the back foot and it’s safe to do so.

Edit: Forgot to mention I was character level 12.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads