Lancer Gear - Lvl 10
Locust Drone - Lvl 10
Sentinel - Lvl 7
Savage Grenadier - Lvl 10
Shepards - Lvl 11
Snub Soldiers - Lvl 10
Kait Diaz - Lvl 5

Seeder - Lvl 2

Strategy is basically take cover fast with lots of cheap units, then send Kait in to destroy turrets while still spamming cheap units and maintaining the cover advantage. If they somehow get past and start taking cover points from you, throw a shock and/or a Sentinel (invincible for a time) to slow them down and then spam more units in there.

I say spam, but obviously consider factors like movement speed, health pool, what does and doesn’t use cover, what you’re sending them up against (don’t use Shepards on a Savage Grenadier, for example), etc. The Seeder can be used either at the back for added defence, of placed further up on attack when the opponent is on the back foot and it’s safe to do so.

Edit: Forgot to mention I was character level 12.
I ran into you a couple times. I think 2 draws and you win the 3rd. Hope it never happens again 🤢
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 11:44
Slam Shot Sam said:
I just hit Gold having spent £15.

My team:

Shock Grenade - Lvl 10
Lancer Gear - Lvl 10
Locust Drone - Lvl 10
Sentinel - Lvl 7
Savage Grenadier - Lvl 10
Shepards - Lvl 11
Snub Soldiers - Lvl 10
Kait Diaz - Lvl 5

Seeder - Lvl 2

Strategy is basically take cover fast with lots of cheap units, then send Kait in to destroy turrets while still spamming cheap units and maintaining the cover advantage. If they somehow get past and start taking cover points from you, throw a shock and/or a Sentinel (invincible for a time) to slow them down and then spam more units in there.

I say spam, but obviously consider factors like movement speed, health pool, what does and doesn’t use cover, what you’re sending them up against (don’t use Shepards on a Savage Grenadier, for example), etc. The Seeder can be used either at the back for added defence, of placed further up on attack when the opponent is on the back foot and it’s safe to do so.

Edit: Forgot to mention I was character level 12.
Just here to say thanks to this guy. I followed this general layout, except I used the emergence hole instead of the seeder, and just got myself to gold. Mostly it was pretty easy, I lost here and there as you do, but even beat people 2 levels higher than me. Now for the grind!

Top advice is to just accept that it's 2 steps forward, 2 backwards quite often. Not to say I didn't get annoyed at the occasional stupid loss (Like when I accidently had the wrong squad equipped roll), but it's a lot more enjoyable if you just accept the loss as part of the game.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 21 September 19 at 11:50
Thought i'd share my team as well in case it helps anyone out. General strategy for me was grab cover quick with lancer and snubs to start. Then get as many distraction pins down high up and put cole and reyna behind. These two will often take a turret out in 1/2 attempts.

E-hole behind a turret then reyna running at it will have a free run most of the time and take it out quick.

Reyna - Lvl 6
Snub soldiers - lvl 11
Old man Marcus - lvl 2
Savage Grenadier - lvl 9
Lancer Gear - lvl 11
Shephards - lvl 11
Marcus - lvl 5
Cole - lvl 9

Emergence Hole - lvl 7
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 11:52
Emergence Hole - lvl 7

How the hell do people get this? laugh Both my ultimates are level 2, but the rest of my pins roughly match others. Bloody RNG...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 21 September 19 at 11:54
Elyoh said:
Emergence Hole - lvl 7

How the hell do people get this? laugh Both my ultimates are level 2, but the rest of my pins roughly match others. Bloody RNG...
I was really lucky getting that. I bought the welcome pack and I do have the new physical pops which had a code in each for a large gold chest. Those really helped me out levelling up.
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 21 September 19 at 13:15
My team

Drone - 10
OMM - 1
Ink/shock - 10
Hammer - 5
Clayton - 7
Sentinel - 8
Shepherd - 13
Cole - 9

Seeder - 2

My general strategy is to capture 1st 2 covers using drone and OMM if I get both great I split then cover swap with Marcus and leave them both on 1 side this allows my seeder to chip away at towers and soften up groups while cole/shepherd push up

Generally people will try to counter the side I have drone/Marcus on leaving other lane free for a carmine push which is an easy 400+ damage from his ult

Nades+sentinel are great for when you get overran as immunity plus DoTs soften things up enough for my turret to either clean up or leave me enough time to spawn more shepherds or Cole.

Hammer I dont even show unless times about to expire and their tower had under 400hp

E hole is an option but mine was also level 2 so even turrets could kill them on spawn whereas seeder could deal 100+ turret damage a shot safely and also has enough hp to distract reyna or other seeders which would have won me plenty of games had I used it sooner over e hole.
Too many games not enough time
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 23 September 19 at 00:17, Edited on 23 September 19 at 00:19 by DANIELJJ14
I got this a few days ago being completely free to play.

I was player level 9 at the time of unlock with a squad of:
Drone -10
Lancer - 10
Snubs - 10
Shepherds - 10
Grenadier - 10
Cole - 7
Ink - 11
Shock - 8
E-hole - 3

The low curve means you can often spam more troops in than your opponents.
Just play smart and try to out value your opponent and get a swarm on their turret with shock grenades to slow it down.
I even managed to beat a really bad level 15 player who clearly had more money than sense.

Just requires a bit of patience grinding on the ladder but it’s easy.
Darkroder92
123,520 123,520 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 23 September 19 at 07:32
This is impossible with F2P people to reach gold as my maximum pin is level 10 others is 8 or 9 gold pins level 4 its just crab like winning give less cof gears than losing im alwyas matching with people who is level 15 or 14 pins using P2W my rank is 1800 bronze cant go far this
$True Gaming $
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 23 September 19 at 09:29
Darkroder92 said:
This is impossible with F2P people to reach gold
I literally just told you it’s doable, check my achievement order I got gold before I even hit level 10.
You definitely have to be more skilled than the average player sometimes using tactics like deploying units just as the opponents units get turret locked.
You can’t just play any unit whenever you want or you’ll get wrecked, learn which units counter others.
If you want to get gold as a free to play player either git gud or grind for several months and get it in a much later season, with much higher pins.
Darkroder92
Darkroder92
Posted on 23 September 19 at 10:35
DANIELJJ14 said:
Darkroder92 said:
This is impossible with F2P people to reach gold
I literally just told you it’s doable, check my achievement order I got gold before I even hit level 10.
You definitely have to be more skilled than the average player sometimes using tactics like deploying units just as the opponents units get turret locked.
You can’t just play any unit whenever you want or you’ll get wrecked, learn which units counter others.
If you want to get gold as a free to play player either git gud or grind for several months and get it in a much later season, with much higher pins.
Are you using the same strategy over and over against everyone ?
$True Gaming $
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 23 September 19 at 22:55, Edited on 23 September 19 at 23:00 by DANIELJJ14
Mostly, just line up e hole activation with some troops and a shock grenade and voila! That should usually punch through a turret and get you ahead and leave them permanently on the back foot. Where depending on what follows either continue to push hard and possibly 3-0 them or go super defensive and maintain the 1-0 victory.

Sometimes you’ll come up against very competent players who can force the draw but I can’t remember the last time I’ve lost a legitimate match in my series of deranking and reclimbing from 1700 - 2200 back down to 1700 again etc.

I have been back into gold a couple of times but it’s not worth staying there as it makes winstreak chests a lot trickier.

What are your pins looking like at the moment?
Darkroder92
Darkroder92
Posted on 24 September 19 at 08:39
DANIELJJ14 said:
Mostly, just line up e hole activation with some troops and a shock grenade and voila! That should usually punch through a turret and get you ahead and leave them permanently on the back foot. Where depending on what follows either continue to push hard and possibly 3-0 them or go super defensive and maintain the 1-0 victory.

Sometimes you’ll come up against very competent players who can force the draw but I can’t remember the last time I’ve lost a legitimate match in my series of deranking and reclimbing from 1700 - 2200 back down to 1700 again etc.

I have been back into gold a couple of times but it’s not worth staying there as it makes winstreak chests a lot trickier.

What are your pins looking like at the moment?
Same as you but less level are you sure this is always work ?
$True Gaming $
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 25 September 19 at 10:41
It does for me but if your units are all two or three levels lower then I can see you struggling. Make sure you’re always buying the 50 daily commons for 200.

Essentially if you get either Cole or the locust drone with some shepherds behind them and you can shock the turret as you drop your e hole lined up there’s not much an opponent can do to prevent losing a turret.
You might need a few goes to blow it up.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 25 September 19 at 15:43
My team right now (after a lot of changes to go higher than 1800 points).

Player level 11

Lancer Gear - lvl 10
Snub Soldiers - lvl 10
Savage Grenadier - lvl 10
Shepherds - lvl 9
Ink Grenade - lvl 10
Locust Drone - lvl 9
Deadeye - lvl 7
Lancer Crew - lvl 6
Emergence hole - lvl 3

Basically, I want to control the middle cover with snub or crew, and then never lose it so that my deadeye makes the job himself. Ofc he dies on a grenade but well, I can summon him again. E-hole on the side of a turret just before you units reach this turret is also good, or you can also send an ink grenade to kill units your opponent will send against e-hole.

The rest is just right defense at the good time. Shepherds or crew incoming? summon grenadier. Reyna or Kait incoming? send shepherds, and so on. I'm kinda managing to stay low silver with this team.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
SaucyCooper
SaucyCooper
Posted on 26 September 19 at 02:25, Edited on 26 September 19 at 03:15 by SaucyCooper
Props to Daniel. I copied your setup and replaced Drone with OMM level 1 and was able to get gold tonight.

I played the game hard for about 10 days then ran into the pay wall over and over so quit the game for about 3 weeks. Decided to come back once more before the end of the league to see if all the credit card warriors were at the top and I could mostly play F2P people and was able to get gold with skill. Zero dollars spent, it is doable people!

Edit: my team for anyone interested:

Player level 10
OMM -1
Lancer - 11
Snubs - 9
Shepherds - 10
Grenadier - 10
Cole - 7
Ink - 10
Shock - 9
E-hole - 3
Darkroder92
Darkroder92
Posted on 28 September 19 at 08:20
I reached to silver rank finally just need 400 cog please if you find me let me win i still have time to reach gold
$True Gaming $
Ace#4617
Ace
Posted on 28 September 19 at 10:00
Finally hit gold!

My team:

Locust Drone (11)
Shepards (11)
Lancer Gear (11)
Savage Grenadier (10)
Reyna Diaz (5)
Snub Soldiers (10)
Gnasher Gang (7)
Ink Grenade (11)

The team is really solid, the first 5 are the core for almost any team at Silver + as they have strong ability to counter. Locust Drone > AoE focused enemies, grenadier for example, Grenadier > groups, shepards or snub soliders for example, Shepards and Reyna > Single target tanks or damage dealers, Locust Drone, Marcus, and Cole for example. If you ever have to fight a mirror match-up you can throw down a lancer gear for a gauranteed win, eg if I have my Locust Drone pushing a lane and my opponent places down his Locust Drone I'll drop the Lancer on top to get the kill and keep my LD alive.

I hope the new season brings some pins to help shake up the meta, but until then I highly recommend the first 5 pins to any player looking to push.
Darkroder92
Darkroder92
Posted on 30 September 19 at 17:38
I finally hit gold in a last day of the season now i the remainning ones has zero skills it wasn't easy but still possible with P2W
$True Gaming $
Darkroder92
Darkroder92
Posted on 30 September 19 at 17:41
Carmine and Sentinel combo is much powerfull with Reyna i managed to hit gold finally i can rest in peace
$True Gaming $
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 01 October 19 at 00:08
Now it takes 2800 to get to gold RIP
DubstepEdgelord
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.